Unrepentant Paragon addict
United States, OK, Moore
Joined Jan 2006
2,700 Posts
Discussion
Irony

From an email I received today.......

Isn't It Ironic?

The SNAP/Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is pleased to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and food stamps ever.

Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us "Please Do Not Feed The Animals." This is because the animals may grow dependent on handouts and not learn to take care of themselves.
LVsoaring is online now Find More Posts by LVsoaring
Old Feb 28, 2012, 07:49 PM
Houston Intercont, Texas, United States
Joined Jun 2001
122 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LVsoaring View Post
From an email I received today.......

Isn't It Ironic?

The SNAP/Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is pleased to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and food stamps ever.

Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us "Please Do Not Feed The Animals." This is because the animals may grow dependent on handouts and not learn to take care of themselves.
Seems like the U.S. Department of Agriculture has something to learn from the National Park Service. But, I'll be they don't.
mikefast is offline Find More Posts by mikefast
Old Feb 28, 2012, 08:54 PM
Who, ME?
Euclid Ohio
Joined May 2005
317 Posts
The amount of food in the great outdoors hasn't changed...the amount of JOBS still has to increase.
dll932 is offline Find More Posts by dll932
Old Feb 28, 2012, 09:01 PM
Joined Jun 2001
122 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dll932 View Post
The amount of food in the great outdoors hasn't changed...the amount of JOBS still has to increase.
I thought obammy was doing such a great job. I thought unemployment had dropped quite a bit by now. After all, didn't "HE" promise that unemployment wouldn't go above 8% if "HE" got that stimulus passed? Oh, yeah, I forgot. IT'S BUSH'S FAULT!!!!!!!!!!! obammy didn't know how bad it was when he was begging for the job.
Old Feb 28, 2012, 09:38 PM
Who, ME?
Euclid Ohio
Joined May 2005
317 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefast View Post
I thought obammy was doing such a great job. I thought unemployment had dropped quite a bit by now. After all, didn't "HE" promise that unemployment wouldn't go above 8% if "HE" got that stimulus passed? Oh, yeah, I forgot. IT'S BUSH'S FAULT!!!!!!!!!!! obammy didn't know how bad it was when he was begging for the job.
It's a hard situation, neither Bush OR Obama's fault. Things are getting better, just not fast. Surprise!
Old Feb 28, 2012, 10:03 PM
United States, FL, Tampa
Joined May 2008
141 Posts
Quote:
Quote:
It's a hard situation, neither Bush OR Obama's fault. Things are getting better, just not fast. Surprise!
The necessary hypocrisy of an Obama supporter on plain display.

I'll give them credit for persevering in the face of overwhelming reality.
saltyzoo is online now Find More Posts by saltyzoo
Old Feb 28, 2012, 10:21 PM
Who, ME?
Euclid Ohio
Joined May 2005
317 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltyzoo View Post
The necessary hypocrisy of an Obama supporter on plain display.

I'll give them credit for persevering in the face of overwhelming reality.
I am not a hypocrite. I just call 'em as I see 'em.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 12:26 AM
College Park, MD
Joined Sep 2002
4,714 Posts
Quote:
Seems like the U.S. Department of Agriculture has something to learn from the National Park Service. But, I'll be they don't.
What's that? That human beings should be left to forage for nuts and berries in the woods when they are under- or unemployed?
thunder1 is offline Find More Posts by thunder1
Old Feb 29, 2012, 12:29 AM
College Park, MD
Joined Sep 2002
4,714 Posts
Quote:
I am not a hypocrite. I just call 'em as I see 'em.
No, but you are a liberal, and pretty much everything you advocate is despicable to the right.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 02:54 AM
Ol' Deadeye
Lubbock,TX
Joined Aug 2005
124 Posts
The right compares those people who are in need to animals.

All the while thinking, "I've got mine! I'll just let those without.... starve"..

Irony?
Dusty Puddles is offline Find More Posts by Dusty Puddles
Old Feb 29, 2012, 06:53 AM
Joined Jun 2001
122 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunder1 View Post
What's that? That human beings should be left to forage for nuts and berries in the woods when they are under- or unemployed?
NO, just the idea that if you keep on giving handouts, eventually people will expect them, and think that is part of their rights. I think that has been proven in the past.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 06:55 AM
Joined Jun 2001
122 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Puddles View Post
The right compares those people who are in need to animals.

All the while thinking, "I've got mine! I'll just let those without.... starve"..

Irony?
Yeah, sure. Just compare the charitable giving of the left vs the right. The conservatives do far more than the left. It is the LEFT that thinks they have theirs, now let's use other peoples money to buy some more votes for us.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 10:17 AM
College Park, MD
Joined Sep 2002
4,714 Posts
Quote:
NO, just the idea that if you keep on giving handouts, eventually people will expect them, and think that is part of their rights. I think that has been proven in the past.
That message was obvious.

You say no to my question, but the only alternative to feeding the humans, is to let them forage in the woods for nuts and berries. So what do you feel is the alternative to feeding them, when they are unemployed, and there are not enough jobs for everyone?
Old Feb 29, 2012, 10:22 AM
Joined Aug 2011
777 Posts
Quote:
pleased to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and food stamps ever.
Ugh... its enough to make one feel ill.
UlteriorModem is offline Find More Posts by UlteriorModem
Old Feb 29, 2012, 11:33 AM
Joined Jan 2008
1,208 Posts
I don't see your point. Free food and food stamps are part of our agricultural support program. So far as I know little animals in the national parks are not part of our agricultural support programs. Are you suggesting that the Department of Agriculture take over running the national parks, or that farms should be run like national parks.

Sorry, just feeling stupid at the moment .
Jim Thomerson is offline Find More Posts by Jim Thomerson