HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 21, 2015, 06:22 PM
Seattle
Joined Feb 2004
260 Posts
Just about have my Polaris finished, came in a bit heavy and was unable to use my lighter Thunder Power 1320 for a battery but have ordered a 2100 which should balance the model out nicely. One question is the bottom of the Nacelle and rudder sanded to a rounded shape ?
Thanks. RMac
RMac is offline Find More Posts by RMac
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 21, 2015, 10:11 PM
Is it spring yet?
United States, UT, Vernal
Joined Nov 2014
1,144 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedalus66 View Post
Polaris is too much fun to put on the back burner!
Yes, very true. But I've also pushed a couple of projects back to work on the Polaris. But sadly I've taken on another project that I had just finished this evening.
Robert4613 is offline Find More Posts by Robert4613
Old Feb 21, 2015, 10:35 PM
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Joined Sep 2002
2,939 Posts
Looks Great - very Sci-Fi!

Looking forward to seeing it in person.

tn

Quote:
Originally Posted by h_bondok View Post
Hi all,

Just did my first flight on the new SULARIS. The good news it came home in one piece. Looks nice in the sky.

I though it was nose heavy but later on, I found out that the Stabilizer which I installed was installed at cold day while the flight day was a warm one. I should re-initiate it, not a big deal and here is the maiden flight video.

Now I will work on the body artwork. I'm thinking camo would look great on this plane.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ibyp...ature=youtu.be
Thomas Nelson is offline Find More Posts by Thomas Nelson
Old Feb 24, 2015, 01:22 AM
Slovakia, Veľký Krtíš
Joined Dec 2006
719 Posts
I got idea about build of 175% version powered by this highly modified edf: http://www.rcportal.sk/zachranene-dmychadlo-g2362 with nacelle build in to the rudder...tried it somebody?
pajlotmato is online now Find More Posts by pajlotmato
Old Feb 25, 2015, 09:37 AM
London Ontario Canada
London Ontario Canada
Joined Apr 2004
1,050 Posts
Hey guys, I'm trying to find info on a motor I have..... EMAX, CF 2805, can't find anything.. Have any of you fellows got this info, or where I can find it?? Tried EMax but it's not listed...
(For my 29" Polaris..)
Art.
artlane is offline Find More Posts by artlane
Old Feb 25, 2015, 09:43 AM
Fly The Friendly Skies
United States, TN, Brentwood
Joined Apr 2013
2,217 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by artlane View Post
Hey guys, I'm trying to find info on a motor I have..... EMAX, CF 2805, can't find anything.. Have any of you fellows got this info, or where I can find it?? Tried EMax but it's not listed...
(For my 29" Polaris..)
Art.
Here it is:
http://www.headsuphobby.com/Emax-CF2...otor-H-440.htm
Beaves is offline Find More Posts by Beaves
Old Feb 25, 2015, 09:58 AM
United States, IL, Eureka
Joined Dec 2014
8 Posts
I think the 2805 might be a little weak for ROG and ROW but it might work for hand launching and slow flying depending on the weight of your Polaris. I would go with a stronger motor.
slow and low is offline Find More Posts by slow and low
Old Feb 25, 2015, 10:15 AM
This is kid stuff.
USA, AR, Harrison
Joined Aug 2010
1,014 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by artlane View Post
(For my 29" Polaris..)
Art.
Did you even try google? I typed in CF 2805 and got pages of hits, including the Emax site.

Looks like the ? is what KV rating yours is. Prop size on the motor is a hint.
Mazzepa1 is offline Find More Posts by Mazzepa1
Old Feb 25, 2015, 01:41 PM
60 years of RC flying
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Feb 2006
17,426 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaves View Post
That would be a good motor for a Polaris Mini (75%). There's a kit available from ModelAero.com. The motor you have is about half the size of the motor needed for the regular Polaris.

A rough indicator of motor power is weight. This one weighs 25g, while the standard Polaris motor is 48g.
Daedalus66 is offline Find More Posts by Daedalus66
Old Feb 25, 2015, 01:47 PM
60 years of RC flying
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Feb 2006
17,426 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pajlotmato View Post
I got idea about build of 175% version powered by this highly modified edf: http://www.rcportal.sk/zachranene-dmychadlo-g2362 with nacelle build in to the rudder...tried it somebody?
Take a look at the Polaris EX on the ModelAero.com site. That's the way to arrange things for an EDF unit. The EX configuration is much simpler and more effective than trying to build the fan into a DC-10 style nacelle as part of the vertical tail.

I have the Polaris EX with EDF and it flies superbly.

Polaris EX EDF at the Lake 2014-07-17 (4 min 7 sec)
Daedalus66 is offline Find More Posts by Daedalus66
Last edited by Daedalus66; Feb 25, 2015 at 01:55 PM.
Old Feb 26, 2015, 05:24 PM
Saint Jo, Texas
Joined Jan 2009
3 Posts
Polaris Pictures

Just completed my second Polaris using Steve Shumate's plans. Most of my flights are off grass but at our last float fly, flying off water was easy to control and gets airborne quickly. It is fun to fly fast like a jet or slow with excellent control. Landings are slow and easy, just cut power and glide in.
Polaris #1 built in 2013 was decorated with colored tape and had many flights. It was destroyed on a nose into the ground when the elevator horn came loose on the back side of a big loop.
Polaris #2 was just completed with decals custom designed from Callie Graphics. I wanted a highly visible decor. I first brushed the 6mm Depron with water based acrylic then sprayed with yellow Krylon Paint for Plastics.
Battery and ESC are up front, cooling provided by inlet slots in canopy with outlet louver behind it. Sealed front section to withstand some water. Have many assembly pictures for anyone interested in receiving.
RCBushPilot is offline Find More Posts by RCBushPilot
Old Feb 26, 2015, 05:27 PM
Foam is my friend!!!
United States, NY, Depew
Joined Mar 2014
420 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCBushPilot View Post
Just completed my second Polaris using Steve Shumate's plans. Most of my flights are off grass but at our last float fly, flying off water was easy to control and gets airborne quickly. It is fun to fly fast like a jet or slow with excellent control. Landings are slow and easy, just cut power and glide in.
Those are some nice lookin birds!! like the custom graphics!
NewZee is offline Find More Posts by NewZee