HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 01, 2015, 10:55 PM
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Jul 2013
72 Posts
Discussion
Sencondary monitor troubles (fatshark)

Just trying to hook up a second display for passengers through my Fatshark Attitudes. All I get is a wiggly distorted picture on the second screen. The Attitudes have a perfect picture. I use a GoPro 3 and when I hook it directly up to a monitor it displays fine so why doesn't it display when ran through the Fatshark tx /rx ?

FATSHARK DISPLAY

Quad Jockey is offline Find More Posts by Quad Jockey
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 01, 2015, 11:33 PM
Wait...what?
Canada, BC, Abbotsford
Joined Sep 2010
1,382 Posts
Does that little tv have a PAL/NTSC setting in it's setup menu?

Cheers,
Geoff
gbmarsh is online now Find More Posts by gbmarsh
Old Yesterday, 01:13 AM
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Jul 2013
72 Posts
nope.... so why do I get a perfectly good images on the screen when I hook the gopro up directly to the tv. Guessing the Fatshark coverts the signal somehow? Right then...off to purchase a compatible display screen lol.
Thanks
Old Yesterday, 01:28 AM
Wait...what?
Canada, BC, Abbotsford
Joined Sep 2010
1,382 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quad Jockey View Post
nope.... so why do I get a perfectly good images on the screen when I hook the gopro up directly to the tv. Guessing the Fatshark coverts the signal somehow? Right then...off to purchase a compatible display screen lol.
Thanks
Lol, yeh that's a bit odd Dedicated FPV monitors are much better in bright sunlight anyway, I use this one: http://www.surveilzone.com/8-inch-hd...m1124f#reviews
Old Yesterday, 01:26 PM
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Jul 2013
72 Posts
Hey Thanks for the link, just bought it.
Cheers!
Old Yesterday, 02:01 PM
Wait...what?
Canada, BC, Abbotsford
Joined Sep 2010
1,382 Posts
Quote:
Hey Thanks for the link, just bought it.
Cheers!
Love mine, with just the little sunshade that comes with it, it's bright enough to view even on the sunniest day. I fly fpv fixed wing so this is my primary display, that and my old eyes don't work well with goggles

Cheers,
Geoff
Old Yesterday, 07:01 PM
USA
Joined Oct 2001
5,255 Posts
Quote:
Just trying to hook up a second display for passengers through my Fatshark Attitudes. All I get is a wiggly distorted picture on the second screen.
FWIW, I've seen that issue with a bad Fatshark Goggle A/V cable. Also, you should use the official A/V cable that is packaged with the FatShark goggles; Don't use an alternate RCA cable that looks the same, use the real deal.

- Thomas
Mr.RC-CAM is offline Find More Posts by Mr.RC-CAM
Old Yesterday, 07:04 PM
Lakewood, Colorado
Joined Aug 2002
29,497 Posts
Also, be sure that Cam/Tx/Rx are all powered up before you power up the goggles.
This may be similar to the DVR problem in the Dom V2s and HDs, where the DVR doesn't
know what mode to start in, if you power up to static, so it defaults to PAL (unless you
reflash the firmware to change the default), even though the displays switch to NTSC properly.
Daemon is online now Find More Posts by Daemon
Old Today, 01:38 AM
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Jul 2013
72 Posts
All good info guys, thanks. I was meaning to buy a proper display so this just gave me the push I needed And Yes Geoff I know what you mean about the old eyes, I'm thinking I'll probably be using the new display and let the passengers wear the goggles
Old Today, 01:53 AM
Wait...what?
Canada, BC, Abbotsford
Joined Sep 2010
1,382 Posts
Quote:
All good info guys, thanks. I was meaning to buy a proper display so this just gave me the push I needed And Yes Geoff I know what you mean about the old eyes, I'm thinking I'll probably be using the new display and let the passengers wear the goggles
Lol, I just got a new pair of glasses made for flying from the monitor, I told my wife they were 'computer glasses' for work