SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
Old Feb 12, 2015, 07:29 AM
Scale Foam Flyer
United States, AR, Cabot
Joined Oct 2007
3,146 Posts
Discussion
Hobbyking (Art Tech) 1700MM PC6 Pilatus Porter Thread!

Hey gang,

I haven't seen a thread for this model, so I figured I would start one.

You can purchase the model HERE

I think it is a fantastic size, and the scale lines are maintained well. I swapped the motor on mine, from the 700kv mushroom type, to a 760kv FMS Edge 540 motor and prop. I trimmed the cowl to line up, and took about 3/4 of an inch of foam off behind the original firewall position. I will take some pics of how I did mine if there is interest, but here is a pic of my completed power swap. I also installed Dubro Low bounce 3.5 inch rubber tires, and I am running an 80 amp Hobbywing ESC, with an HK 5A/6V SBEC. The wingtip lights flash, so I did not leave them hooked up. I will upgrade the lighting package, and add floats. The floats from the E-flite Apprentice S are what I have chosen to retrofit. DImensions are just about perfect for this plane.

Cheers,

-CC
Cubcrazy is online now Find More Posts by Cubcrazy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Carbon Z Cub Floats are here!!
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 12, 2015, 12:30 PM
Scale Foam Flyer
United States, AR, Cabot
Joined Oct 2007
3,146 Posts
Here is my first video using the new Motor Setup. I only did trim flights with the stock power set.
1700MM Pilatus Porter (HK, ArtTech) (3 min 34 sec)
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 12, 2015, 08:06 PM
United States, NJ, Upper Freehold
Joined May 2012
69 Posts
Just came across your you tube flight video. Looks like a perfect plane for my needs.

Hope to see this thread take off.
LoDolce is offline Find More Posts by LoDolce
Old Feb 12, 2015, 09:39 PM
Scale Foam Flyer
United States, AR, Cabot
Joined Oct 2007
3,146 Posts
With its high aspect ratio wing, and effective flaps, it performs beautifully. The stock power set is acceptable, but I wanted to correct the cartoonish spinner gap, and go to a 3 blade prop mostly for looks, but also sound. The FMS Edge 540 setup was a perfect match. I used to have a Fly zone Beaver, and I was mildly happy with it. This airplane out-performs that Beaver, even in stock configuration.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 13, 2015, 07:46 AM
SW PA
Joined Aug 2010
598 Posts
Hey CC,
There is a thread already started on this plane under the "Scale ARF/RTF" Section. It would be nice to keep this model on one thread & personally, the HK Pilatus is definitely a "scale" model. Maybe get one of the Mods to move it for you. Here's the link.....

Denny

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2329019
yorkiepap is offline Find More Posts by yorkiepap
Old Feb 13, 2015, 08:31 AM
Scale Foam Flyer
United States, AR, Cabot
Joined Oct 2007
3,146 Posts
Thanks for the heads-up. I tried using the search function(which I am pretty good with usually) and came up empty. I will just shut down this thread.

Cheers
RCG Plus Member
Closed Thread