HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 08, 2015, 10:52 AM
Joined Feb 2015
7 Posts
Discussion
Wish Someone would have told me!!!

I really do wish someone would have told me that this very well could be just as addicting as heroin... Well it all started at a big box store were my daughter spotted a coaxial 3ch gyro, she says dad its only 20 bucks, So not knowing what would happen I buy her and I each one, not knowing that this little gateway drug I mean heli would result in loss of sleep due to endless hours of research to the point were my head feels like it might explode. After few hours of fooling around the addiction had been planted I started out wanting a SAB Goblin 700 for about 3 mins then after a few sobering hours of research I thought the HISKY Hcp 100s might be the next step 3 days of research later I ended up ordering a V911 pro with the upgraded Tx After watching BG not ship my order for a week I contacted them to find out they are on back order by then a good friend of mine had become addicted as well over the course of the next week we have decided to order the Dx6i along with the Phx Sim to start attempting to hone our CP skills Im hopping that we made the right choice. I do believe we will eventually order the Blade Nano cpx for our first Cp Heli... Well sorry to be long winded.

My name is Josh and Im a Heliaholic
Makowski is offline Find More Posts by Makowski
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 08, 2015, 10:56 AM
WJH
United States, FL, Spring Hill
Joined Aug 2005
681 Posts
Pretty soon your going to be researching chargers good for a 12s setup
WJH is offline Find More Posts by WJH
Old Feb 08, 2015, 11:15 AM
United States, OR, Corvallis
Joined May 2014
747 Posts
You have no idea just how deep the rabbit hole goes....
HeliFlyer14 is offline Find More Posts by HeliFlyer14
Old Feb 08, 2015, 04:09 PM
Joined Aug 2012
1,683 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by heliflyer14 View Post
you have no idea just how deep the rabbit hole goes....
Amen!
Pa flyer is offline Find More Posts by Pa flyer
Old Feb 08, 2015, 04:22 PM
United States, GA, Loganville
Joined Jan 2015
40 Posts
Lololol i have it so bad i got one junk one this christmass now i have 5 and 5 more on the way lmao i also got a dx6i and it helps alot. Training gear to me is only good for learning to get it up with out crashing. I have a mcp x and with gear on it wonbles in flight sometimes so off it went. I only hover it and forward flight then backwards flight to keep me looking at the tail. Ya its a 6 ch but i want to fly them all when they get here so i will just take my chances lol. Stay off the classified adds here if you dont want to buy something. Lol alot of good buys on here from what i can tell. Welcome to the group. My name is David and i am a addicted to helicopters as well lol
Ss_swerve is offline Find More Posts by Ss_swerve
Old Feb 08, 2015, 04:57 PM
Ground Repeller
Singapore
Joined Jun 2014
551 Posts
As for the Goblin 700, you might want to lay off it until you can actually stop breaking a micro - those things are expensive to crash and very dangerous. Also, you may wanna try the 500 or 570 first as it isn't as intimidating (when you eventually move up to the large heli class), and is an absolute blast to fly. They are relatively easy to build and maintain too (all goblins), given their low parts count and simple designs.

Other than that, welcome to the addiction
ZeniethLily is online now Find More Posts by ZeniethLily
Old Feb 08, 2015, 05:12 PM
WJH
United States, FL, Spring Hill
Joined Aug 2005
681 Posts
One of my co-workers talked me into buying a Blade 450 3d, next thing I know, I joined the AMA, a local club, was flying r/c airplanes again, all in a matter of a month. Now I have 600 sized heli with a 12s setup I am working on
WJH is offline Find More Posts by WJH
Old Feb 08, 2015, 05:22 PM
I convince things to work
The Netherlands
Joined Nov 2009
3,431 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makowski View Post
I really do wish someone would have told me that this very well could be just as addicting as heroin... My name is Josh and Im a Heliaholic
Gosh Josh... and you exposed your 3-year-old to it????

Time for Dr Phil....

Have fun!

Brgds, Bert
Brutus1967 is online now Find More Posts by Brutus1967
Old Feb 09, 2015, 09:31 AM
Joined Jan 2015
73 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliFlyer14 View Post
You have no idea just how deep the rabbit hole goes....
Only as deep as your wallet....LOL.
Sirgilbert357 is offline Find More Posts by Sirgilbert357
Old Feb 09, 2015, 07:00 PM
Expert Heli Crasher
Joined Jan 2014
1,551 Posts
Last week I bought a 450 scale fuselage. Saturday I bought another 450 scale fuselage. I got a 450 for Christmas. Today I bought a Tarot 450 kit. I have a V120D02S that I got 3 months ago. I have a Mini CP that I got last month. I sold 4 Blade 120SR's to make room. I still have my WLToys v930. My quadcopter is dead, but still sitting here.

We have an entire thread devoted to us with this problem.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...144682&page=72

See you there.

-Florida Heli-
Florida Heli is offline Find More Posts by Florida Heli
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 09, 2015, 08:22 PM
Eyes on the sky.
United States, SC, Spartanburg
Joined Jan 2015
96 Posts
I feel your pain. I started out much the same way. My sister bought a $10 coaxial for my 3.5 year old nephew. Needless to say he does not retain the motor skills to fly one of them, so it secretly transferred into my hands for safe keeping until he gets old enough to learn to fly. Next thing I know i'm buying another bigger coaxial, then realize its insanely slow after just two days so I return it. Next thing I know I purchase a Syma S107G, great fun.. for a while. I HAD to have more, MORE SPEED. MORE!. So I end up picking up a WL V911 after several hours of research. Next thing I know I have 3 V911s and a slew of spare parts! I don't regret it since I really do love the V911's resiliency to breaking and it helps me work on my orientation skills indoors and outdoors. Well fastfoward a few weeks, and HAD to go CP. Decided on my choice of bird and picked up an MCP X BL. THAT WAS A WEEK AGO. So here I am, learning how to fly.. errr hover with my MCP X BL, and it is a BLAST. I don't regret spending the money at all. I'm already beginning to take steps to purchase the most failed parts on this heli, including the main bored... for whenever they decide to crap out, but i've been having a blast flying. Fun and exhilarating, and always leaves me wanting to fly more.

That's my story. I feel your pain, or joy. Whatever you wanna call it.
Vodarac is online now Find More Posts by Vodarac
Old Feb 09, 2015, 08:28 PM
Joined Feb 2015
7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutus1967 View Post
Gosh Josh... and you exposed your 3-year-old to it????

Time for Dr Phil....

Have fun!

Brgds, Bert
lol, shes 11 not much better tho the amount of info that my heads been attempting to process is unreal
Makowski is offline Find More Posts by Makowski
Old Feb 09, 2015, 08:31 PM
الآن كنت تتحدث لغتي
Greenland, Qaasuitsup
Joined Apr 2013
2,475 Posts
addicts....

Flying Pitcher is offline Find More Posts by Flying Pitcher
Old Feb 10, 2015, 12:12 AM
Kimbers Keeper.
Joined Nov 2014
425 Posts
BHOFM is online now Find More Posts by BHOFM
Old Feb 10, 2015, 01:19 AM
Ground Repeller
Singapore
Joined Jun 2014
551 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirgilbert357 View Post
Only as deep as your wallet....LOL.
It goes further than that if you have a LHS that would let you have stuff that you can pay for later..
ZeniethLily is online now Find More Posts by ZeniethLily