SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 26, 2015, 08:26 AM
Joined Mar 2013
418 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basen2low View Post
Unfortunately it was a pretty bad crash. When I got to the plane there was smoke coming from the very front of the plane. The only thing I can think it must have been the esc...
Sorry to hear about the crash.

The first thing I thought of when reading that was a battery fire. LiPo's can be very dangerous if damaged. If your plane crashes and there's smoke coming out of it, I'd assume it's a battery fire and stay back. A LiPo burns as a chemical/electrical fire, so once it starts, it will continue to burn itself out unless it's totally smothered with something like sand.
flightengr is offline Find More Posts by flightengr
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 04:11 AM
From Spain. Madrid.
Joined Jan 2014
106 Posts
Sorry to hear that man.
I used to fly my T28 and P47 Parkzone and I am interested in buying the Artizan, but I see the Artizan flys with the nose up.... and donīt like that. Is that true? I mean flys with the nose towards up, with no leveled fuselage.
Wingman42 is offline Find More Posts by Wingman42
Old Yesterday, 10:18 AM
United States, CA, Fontana
Joined May 2011
1,757 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman42 View Post
Sorry to hear that man.
I used to fly my T28 and P47 Parkzone and I am interested in buying the Artizan, but I see the Artizan flys with the nose up.... and donīt like that. Is that true? I mean flys with the nose towards up, with no leveled fuselage.

Never really thought about that, but yes, it does look like that at times.
If a little thing like that stops you from buying the Artizan, then you are really missing out on a very good flying Sport/Aerobatic plane.
Clive66 is offline Find More Posts by Clive66
Old Yesterday, 08:54 PM
TERRY
United States, CA, Ontario
Joined Sep 2013
259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clive66 View Post
There is no problem at all using an APC 11 x 7 E prop.
Also the APC 11 x 8 E is only 1/4 inch longer than the stock prop & the same pitch (all that should accomplish is a very slight speed increase)
A Slow Fly prop, because of the way it is designed, will draw more amps than a regular prop of the same size.
My bench tests showed more amp draw with the APC 10 x 7 SF than it did with either the stock prop or an APC 11 x 7 E prop.
The standard E prop is more for speed & the Slo Fly gives more low end pull.
I believe the 10 x 7 SF prop will be better for what "steelgtr" is looking for.
Just my opinion here (easy enough & not much money to experiment with a couple of different props)
I have a lot of planes & so far the Artizan is one of only a few that i haven't tried different props.
Ok Clive - good info....so you think I should order 11X7E for replacment? I only have the one prop it came with & you know how my landings are....
Struna is offline Find More Posts by Struna
Old Yesterday, 10:21 PM
United States, CA, Fontana
Joined May 2011
1,757 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Struna View Post
Ok Clive - good info....so you think I should order 11X7E for replacment? I only have the one prop it came with & you know how my landings are....

Probably be fine (give it a try)
http://www.headsuphobby.com/APC-11-x...ller-A-685.htm
Clive66 is offline Find More Posts by Clive66