SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 27, 2015, 10:59 AM
Certifiable
United States, CA, Burbank
Joined Dec 2012
2,711 Posts
I'm finding my Kv 11500 C05m BL setup too tame these days. It was great when I was first learning CP but now that I've progressed (a little, anyway) and like to do flips over the front lawn, it just doesn't have the punch. I have a bunch of brushed Chaoli motors from MMW and am going to see if I can make one fit physically. If so, the test will be on....
stringrazor is offline Find More Posts by stringrazor
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 27, 2015, 11:31 AM
LJH
Moths do not fly inverted
Greenwich CT.
Joined Sep 2000
4,230 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stringrazor View Post
If you didn't power it up like that, you should be able to save the ESC. Coat the blob with flux and melt the solder. It should flow toward the heat so try to direct it to one FET leg. If you have a desolder tool you can try to remove most of it. For good measure, scrape between the traces with a pin or hobby knife. Worth a try....
I did not realize I had done it and did power it up and when it did not work I took a closer look. Tried to clean it up but still no go. Not a lot of money but still a dumb mistake and I had to go back to the stock motor .

Cheers,
Jim
LJH is offline Find More Posts by LJH
Old Yesterday, 04:26 PM
United States, PA, Clarks Summit
Joined Oct 2005
179 Posts
Super CP not binding

Ever since I upgraded my 7e Tx to Devination 4.0.1 the Super CP will not bind. The TX will bind with my other Walker 4 channel helis, but not with the Super CP.
I did transfer a Super CP ini file to the TX.
Now with theDeviation upgrade I power on the TX, connect battery to the heli, The TX shows binding to Super CP, completes the countdown but the heli just doesn't bind, not even when I try to reinitialize binding in the TX setup. The light just blinks rapidly and will not turn solid.

Since that didn't work I have tried the same process by connecting a binding plug I made to the top Aux connector on the board of the heli but the result is the same except that the rate of the blinking light will slow down.
Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Bern
bebev is offline Find More Posts by bebev
Old Yesterday, 05:32 PM
Certifiable
Joined Dec 2012
2,711 Posts
Are you certain you have the correct protocol selected in the model settings where you imported the ini file? I use my 7e w/Deviation 4.0.1 all the time to fly my SCP.
Old Yesterday, 10:42 PM
United States, PA, Clarks Summit
Joined Oct 2005
179 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stringrazor View Post
Are you certain you have the correct protocol selected in the model settings where you imported the ini file? I use my 7e w/Deviation 4.0.1 all the time to fly my SCP.
By protocol, Do you mean in the Tx under model settings for the Super CP model where it lists the various transmitter types such as Devo, 2401, 2801, etc. ?
I have it set to Devo
bebev is offline Find More Posts by bebev
Old Today, 12:48 AM
Certifiable
Joined Dec 2012
2,711 Posts
Post the contents of your hardware.ini file from the root of Tx when connected via USB.