HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 26, 2012, 07:57 PM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,593 Posts
Here is the link to my post on the crash thread, and it was not a dx8 but a dx7s (brand new). Its the second vid with the md500e.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=104
kdean is offline Find More Posts by kdean
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 26, 2012, 09:25 PM
IHW Heli Division
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
6,477 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdean View Post
Integrity, i'm glad your a good sport about the bad issues with your 2702v, and i look forward to your findings with the 'new' version that your getting. But, i dont think i'll trust my 2702 again, even without the set id.

I wish you luck with the dx8. Put it through some tests as i have seen those lock out just like the 2702, but the throttle did cut, and the heli did fall out of the sky right in front of me. I'll post a link to it in the crash thread. If there is a perfectly reliable radio system out there, let me know which one it is. And use your powers of the universe to 'wish' me the thousands that it will cost.

Does anyone know or have a walkera rx/gyro combo in a plane? I have a plan but need to do some research.
Believe me, i'm with you on the 2702V. But it's more about the principal now. Not just the fact that it happened and i want to force my v450 to fly like almost EVERYONE ELSE using a 2702V, without issues. But also i can't stand not knowing why it's happening. If it's actually fixable or not, and can we prevent this/fix this when it occurs to a new comer in the hobby or anyone in general. Other than telling them to buy another $200+ in equipment to fix their problem. Furthering the money pit that they already, likely, feel like they are in. Thinking about it now, i have not been practicing the power of positive thinking or attraction when dealing with my helicopters ever since my 2nd flight with the V450 and my ESC lit up on fire. I have harbored nothing but animosity and distrust with my walkera products. Because, lets face it. It's not the first time with issues similar. Hopefully Walkera is on a new path to better quality, but it seems like they are just raising prices. Not much quality increase. Maybe some new features and gimmicks too. It's just hard to trust them after the extensive battle over quality i have been fighting with them since day one.

As far as "wishing" you some money. It doesn't quite work like that. It's got a little more than "wishing" to do with it. It's more about aligning your vibrational resonance to attract what you want. Thinking "I need money" or "I'm broke" or "Damn my bills" simply won't cut it. It's more about believing what your saying, first of all. But saying things like that to yourself won't help. Try this instead. "Money comes frequently and easily". But it's also not an immediate thing. As you open your mind. You will begin to open your new avenues of productivity as well. You can't simply sit on the couch, watch TV and "wish" for something. You do kind of have to go out and get it. But if your mind is not open to the things you want. You won't even get up off the couch in the first place. How many times have your heard this one.. "Yeah, I know. But what are you going to do about it?" in reference to something that most people consider to be unchangeable. At least by a single man. Well the truth is a single man has been capable of lots of things by himself though history. THOSE, are the ones wielding the understanding of the powers of the universe. Even if it's unconscious. The ones that close their mind off to possibilities have never tried to do better. So they get nothing better. They can "Wish" for better. But until they open their mind and consider that they are capable and deserving of better. No change can occur. As far as my particular case right now. I had expended most of my budget on helicopters on the V450. Between repairs and building a second one. I was quite in the hole and practically skipping lunches as it was. But thanks to V999D02 and his overwhelming support and understanding of my situation. He tried to start a fund raiser to help me out saying that i deserved it. Well, i don't know if i helped anyone out that much that they would donate. But THANKS V999D02! That was really cool of you. That was the first "out of no where" thing that was generated by the law of attraction. I have no doubt. But after that i began to focus on making this my one set goal in the immediate future. I lowered the price on one of my helicopters, and after about a month of trying to sell it. I got a really reasonable offer, all of a sudden! Then as i'm sitting online looking at the X5 i plan on ordering and have been watching over at clubheli for a while. I get a phone call and all of a sudden i'm booked for a wedding and have a side phone installation for a telemarketing place. Both get phoned in by the same person. Right as i was "Wishing" i could buy this heli. People can call it crazy. But this kind of thing happens to me all the time. It's how i bought every one of my helicopters. Could be coincidence though.
IntegrityHndywrk is online now Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
Old Oct 26, 2012, 09:41 PM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
6,477 Posts
I found this thing. It's a plank using the WK rx system on the 2801. But there is not much info and they have never had any in stock, that i have seen.

http://www.wowhobbies.com/walkeracom...5gblmotor.aspx
Old Oct 27, 2012, 12:06 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,125 Posts
@kdean, your crash record is simply extraordinary. This is really as good as it gets considering you are flying 3D. I easily crashed more than 28 times in a single session with my micros before, although most crashes result in no damage. My record is much better with my 250 and 450 though because I am much more careful. However, I still had 7 crashes out of 650 flights that were due to problems with Align, especially its ESC. As far as mechanical problems were concerned, my M120D01 was by far the worse. There had been countless crashes and I gave up after having had just 6 normal flights.

One thing about the 2801 pro is that it seems to have some latency i.e. delayed servo response. This latency is not seen with the Devo and this was one of the reasons why Walkera switched. The other reason was telemetry. Therefore, you should get a more "connected" feeling using a Devo transmitter.

I would say that the top manufacturers are Futaba and JR at the moment. You may still be able to get a DSMX compatible transmitter in the US, but I think they have stopped production of all Spektrum compatible transmitters. However, JR seems to have a larger following than Futaba among heli pilots though. I suppose if you want to fly a Blade heli in future, you have to get something that is Spektrum compatible.

As strange as it may sound, many modelers in Hong Kong are going into the Walkera era right now from larger helis. This is because of the acute lack of flying space. This got much worse last year when a number of flying sites were closed. It is true that Walkera is no longer the only seller of micros in Hong Kong, but the proportion of modelers buying micros have increased greatly.

I have a Devo 12s right now and I have no plans to switch to any other brand for the moment. For a start, the color touch screen interface of the 12S is so simple and intuitive that I don't want to use a conventional push button transmitter again. I am keeping an eye on the 130X at the moment. But the number of problems reported puts my off, especially since I don't get HH's support in Hong Kong. Besides, there is only one vendor selling it in Hong Kong.
zadaw is offline Find More Posts by zadaw
Last edited by zadaw; Oct 27, 2012 at 12:12 AM.
Old Oct 27, 2012, 01:20 AM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,593 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntegrityHndywrk View Post
I found this thing. It's a plank using the WK rx system on the 2801. But there is not much info and they have never had any in stock, that i have seen.

http://www.wowhobbies.com/walkeracom...5gblmotor.aspx
I was thinking of getting something like this

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dproduct=12610

and maybe trying a 2618v in it. Or, a 2801pro with some kind of gyro on the ailerons. The 2702 would be my first choice, but it seems to be a gamble getting a good one.
Old Oct 27, 2012, 02:38 AM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
6,477 Posts
Quote:
I was thinking of getting something like this

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dproduct=12610

and maybe trying a 2618v in it. Or, a 2801pro with some kind of gyro on the ailerons. The 2702 would be my first choice, but it seems to be a gamble getting a good one.
I don't do planks. But, looking at that, it's pretty nice looking. It made me wonder. Do they make collective pitch planks in rc models? I know scale has bunches of models that use them. Especially on dual prop so they can spin the plane around on the ground. But do RC models?

I would think, since walkera TX has a plane mode, they would have a plane RX. Kind of strange huh? but i suppose most planes don't use gyros?
Old Oct 27, 2012, 02:54 AM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,593 Posts
Gyros are becoming more common place in planes these days. With the jets and micro models especialy. Its considered 'cheating' if you put gyros in a 3D/aerobatic plane. I just want the gyros to help me while i get used to flying, and to keep things stable during take off and landings. It will be nice to have something to use my 2200mah packs in when its to windy for the 400 and 450. I dont like practicing heli 3D in the wind. When it gets up to 15 - 20 i end up flying the heli around like a plane anyway.
Old Oct 27, 2012, 04:54 AM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
6,477 Posts
Quote:
Gyros are becoming more common place in planes these days. With the jets and micro models especialy. Its considered 'cheating' if you put gyros in a 3D/aerobatic plane. I just want the gyros to help me while i get used to flying, and to keep things stable during take off and landings. It will be nice to have something to use my 2200mah packs in when its to windy for the 400 and 450. I dont like practicing heli 3D in the wind. When it gets up to 15 - 20 i end up flying the heli around like a plane anyway.
Yeah, a plane that can stop and hover!

I never flew a real one. But because of my hours in phoenix i have no doubt i could fly a plane no problem. I could maybe even have a go at a tilt rotor. But i don't have much interest in the investment. Plus i would need a runway. If i spread myself too thin and get too many models. I won't be able to maintain them all. Though i suppose planks have less maintenance then a heli. But still. Maybe at a later date. I'm still thinking about how to make that bathroom door into a hover craft. The gas blower will keep it inflated and hovering. But i need to work out a steerable thrust source for it. What do you think? How about an electric 450 with no tail drive hooked up, strapped to a bracket on the back of the "craft". Cyclic would work like normal so you could control thrust vector and rudder or gear switch can be hooked used for throttle servo to the gas blower, while the regular throttle works the forward propeller. I think i can make this work. Door size, Hybrid gas/electric hover craft. What a youtube video that would be. It might even look like something walkera would release. You know... With the duct tape and everything on it.
Old Oct 27, 2012, 05:26 PM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,593 Posts
I was supposed to post this here a few days ago, but got caught up.

A quick flight report on the trex 500 w/beastX and 2801pro.

I was able to get away from school for lunch break. This was on Wedesday, the day before huricane sandy rolled in. The winds were picking up and it was kind of gusty at about 20 mph. This was only the thrid flight with this setup so i did not get to crazy with the 3D stuff. I found the beastx to be not as stable as the 2702 when there was not much wind, but now the heli was ready to tip where ever the wind blew it. Im still using the factory settings, but read through the manual to find out what changes i need to make.

I found the control response to be lacking and to help with this i'm going to change parameter menu B from 'sport' to 'pro'. I've got +/-12 of collective pitch programed in the setup. And with the tgy930mg servos, and the links set at the second hole from the end of the arm (thats where the links are perfectly vertical to the swash at 50%), it does not allow much cyclic pitch before the balls on the servo arms hit against the servo case.

I could also get a more direct control feel by adding some gain to dial 2 (direct cyclic feed forward). But i'm gunna try the switch to 'pro' first before i start changeing the pots.

I also need to add more cyclic gyro gain with dail 1. This should get a more stable hover and hold from the system. I'll try to make it as stable as the 2702 was. I'm not a fan of the 'flybar' feel that some guys look for in a fbl controler. I like stable... I saw someone compareing the beastX and the Vbar, and said "the vbar makes the heli feel like the sim." If i could do the things in real life as i do on the sim, i might get bored of this hobby to quickly. I would like to find a happy medium between 'fb heli' and 'synth heli'.

The tail gyro was holding perfectly. Way better than the tail gyro in the 2702. To keep the tail from kicking out on pitch pumps with the 2702, i had to remove alot of pitch from both pos and neg, and this made for a very bland pitch pump. Now with the beastX i have the impressive punch outs with no wagging tail. I left my tail gyro gain at 84% for the first flight with the beastX. The tail started wagging before i could get off the ground. Then once in the air, the kick back was about 2-3 inches before the tail would lock. I have the beastx internal tail gain at the half way point in HH mode (i think the light is on H), and had to reduce the gyro gain in the tx to 78%. Its holding better than the quark gyro in the 600.

Piros are now more stable, with no tilt in any strange direction during or after the piro.

So far, i am impressed with the beastx, and so far the 2801 rx is not causing any problems. (even with the set id)

I got my packs charged and the weather is looking promising. I'll try to get 6 flights through it tomorrow. More reports to follow...
Last edited by kdean; Oct 27, 2012 at 05:59 PM.
Old Oct 27, 2012, 09:06 PM
Suspended Account
Mali, Tombouctou, Timbuktu
Joined Aug 2012
391 Posts
Quote:
I was supposed to post this here a few days ago, but got caught up.

A quick flight report on the trex 500 w/beastX and 2801pro.

I was able to get away from school for lunch break. This was on Wedesday, the day before huricane sandy rolled in. The winds were picking up and it was kind of gusty at about 20 mph. This was only the thrid flight with this setup so i did not get to crazy with the 3D stuff. I found the beastx to be not as stable as the 2702 when there was not much wind, but now the heli was ready to tip where ever the wind blew it. Im still using the factory settings, but read through the manual to find out what changes i need to make.

I found the control response to be lacking and to help with this i'm going to change parameter menu B from 'sport' to 'pro'. I've got +/-12 of collective pitch programed in the setup. And with the tgy930mg servos, and the links set at the second hole from the end of the arm (thats where the links are perfectly vertical to the swash at 50%), it does not allow much cyclic pitch before the balls on the servo arms hit against the servo case.

I could also get a more direct control feel by adding some gain to dial 2 (direct cyclic feed forward). But i'm gunna try the switch to 'pro' first before i start changeing the pots.

I also need to add more cyclic gyro gain with dail 1. This should get a more stable hover and hold from the system. I'll try to make it as stable as the 2702 was. I'm not a fan of the 'flybar' feel that some guys look for in a fbl controler. I like stable... I saw someone compareing the beastX and the Vbar, and said "the vbar makes the heli feel like the sim." If i could do the things in real life as i do on the sim, i might get bored of this hobby to quickly. I would like to find a happy medium between 'fb heli' and 'synth heli'.

The tail gyro was holding perfectly. Way better than the tail gyro in the 2702. To keep the tail from kicking out on pitch pumps with the 2702, i had to remove alot of pitch from both pos and neg, and this made for a very bland pitch pump. Now with the beastX i have the impressive punch outs with no wagging tail. I left my tail gyro gain at 84% for the first flight with the beastX. The tail started wagging before i could get off the ground. Then once in the air, the kick back was about 2-3 inches before the tail would lock. I have the beastx internal tail gain at the half way point in HH mode (i think the light is on H), and had to reduce the gyro gain in the tx to 78%. Its holding better than the quark gyro in the 600.

Piros are now more stable, with no tilt in any strange direction during or after the piro.

So far, i am impressed with the beastx, and so far the 2801 rx is not causing any problems. (even with the set id)

I got my packs charged and the weather is looking promising. I'll try to get 6 flights through it tomorrow. More reports to follow...
Null all parameters in your TX, then refer to p62 of the BeastX manual. My manual is F/W V2.

I don't need V3.XX as mine acts perfect, like the legendary and always - "It's not broke, don't fix it" thing.

Set your LED colour to Blue (Transmitter mode), and then your Tx figures wont interfere with the preset BeastX settings. This is your problem IMO, I'm near sure. Anything other than "Transmitter mode" causes issues and curves, odd behaviour at that, unless you have all menu parameters null (In your TX), apart from the obvious.

The BeastX is near perfect, made in Germany just like all the BEST stuff (Bosch, BMW, Audi, Mercedes, etc..)

I like it nearly as much as my VBar on my Micky Logo 400 as it's field programmable.

Good luck, and, best of luck selling or disposing of your Walkera collection when you finally come to terms with it. Lol.
V999D02 is offline Find More Posts by V999D02
Last edited by V999D02; Oct 27, 2012 at 09:18 PM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 27, 2012, 09:37 PM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,593 Posts
I've got it setup right. There is no problem here. I've been reading the manual for about a month before i installed the unit

I've really only owned 2 walkera helis. Though i had 3 V400s at one time. I've sold one already, now that i have a super modded version, i had no need for two. The other is still in the box. I just need another 2603 tx, and i can program it to that v400, include a new battery and make about $300 for it. The only other walkera heli i've owned is the m120 that was nice when i was learning how to hover and fly around, but now its no use to me. If i sell it with all the spare parts that i have for it, including the nice case, i can make another $400. That can pay for alot of upgrades to my clone fleet.

I will always have my superV400 in the rotation. Its the most reliable heli of the bunch. (101 to 1) and that one crash was no fault of walkera.
Old Oct 27, 2012, 11:11 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Aug 2012
391 Posts
Quote:
I've got it setup right. There is no problem here. I've been reading the manual for about a month before i installed the unit

I've really only owned 2 walkera helis. Though i had 3 V400s at one time. I've sold one already, now that i have a super modded version, i had no need for two. The other is still in the box. I just need another 2603 tx, and i can program it to that v400, include a new battery and make about $300 for it. The only other walkera heli i've owned is the m120 that was nice when i was learning how to hover and fly around, but now its no use to me. If i sell it with all the spare parts that i have for it, including the nice case, i can make another $400. That can pay for alot of upgrades to my clone fleet.

I will always have my superV400 in the rotation. Its the most reliable heli of the bunch. (101 to 1) and that one crash was no fault of walkera.
Kevin,

You need to stop with this Walkera love, you really do.

I own a V400d02 that's all pimped up, but, it's still CRAP.

Forget clones, forget Align (they make vacuum cleaners FFS), forget Walkera... Let's stick to who knows the best; Gaui & Mikado.
Old Oct 27, 2012, 11:19 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Aug 2012
391 Posts
Quote:

Kevin,

You need to stop with this Walkera love, you really do.

I own a V400d02 that's all pimped up, but, it's still CRAP.

Forget clones, forget Align (they make vacuum cleaners FFS), forget Walkera... Let's stick to who knows the best; Gaui & Mikado.
Last edited by V999D02; Nov 22, 2012 at 07:02 AM.
Old Oct 27, 2012, 11:58 PM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,593 Posts
At least we both share similar taste in canopies...

Some guys can go to a dealership and buy a porshe in cash, others have to pay monthly for a VW. They both get the job done and does not make one guy better than the other.

I've now got a 450 pro, a 500 esp, and 600 cf. All sporting scorpion motors and cc ice esc's. The 500 and soon the 450 will have beastX units, and the 600 has a spartan quark. i now have enough spare electronics to build my second 500. I'm not putting all my eggs in one basket.

Your V400 might be crap to you, but my V400 is a gem to me.

Like a famous prophet once said, "If loving you is wrong, I dont wanna be right."

Here are some pics of my 500 w/beastX and TracX fbl head. I'm saveing the scorpion and ice for the other 500 frame.
Old Oct 28, 2012, 01:28 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Aug 2012
391 Posts
Quote:
At least we both share similar taste in canopies...

Some guys can go to a dealership and buy a porshe in cash, others have to pay monthly for a VW. They both get the job done and does not make one guy better than the other.

I've now got a 450 pro, a 500 esp, and 600 cf. All sporting scorpion motors and cc ice esc's. The 500 and soon the 450 will have beastX units, and the 600 has a spartan quark. i now have enough spare electronics to build my second 500. I'm not putting all my eggs in one basket.

Your V400 might be crap to you, but my V400 is a gem to me.

Like a famous prophet once said, "If loving you is wrong, I dont wanna be right."

Here are some pics of my 500 w/beastX and TracX fbl head. I'm saveing the scorpion and ice for the other 500 frame.
With all due respect, KDean, I just can't take you seriously.

I mean, come on, why recommend the V400d02 with all its defects? The Servos are stripped on arrival (more often than not), it uses bum half baked brushed motors, weak Cheese bendy frames, upper and lower, etc, etc.. And let's not forget the piss poor 2603 TX that we ALL got lumbered with.

This is the best joke I've heard all day, and it's only 06:21am here in England.

That canopy looks like some HK rubbish.

I'm out of here, as I don't really want to affiliate myself with any Walkera or HK junk. Align isn't much good either when you've eventually ventured and found time to walk down the Gaui and Mikado road.

Align aren't TOO BAD, but, I think they make better vacuum cleaners than Trex things.

Have fun!
Last edited by V999D02; Nov 22, 2012 at 07:02 AM.