HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 30, 2014, 02:34 PM
Buckingham U.K
Joined Mar 2008
220 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneyhunster View Post
Thanks mate, I flew a twinstar long time ago and I guess I was just expecting something different! I'll get a few more flights in over the weekend.
Hi

I have an Easy*1&2 and fly mostly 3cell 2200mah battery's and velcro them in place to the recommended CofG and they fly like a dream, what motor do you have fitted to your Easy*..??.... as i purchased mine in the UK with the recomendation of the model shop and was really disapointed with the performance(my fault as i shoulkd have realised they were replicating the original Easy* but now brushless). Anyway a cheap motor upgrade and she is now somewhere where i like it.......

Rich
RichPrior is online now Find More Posts by RichPrior
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 01, 2014, 04:07 AM
Joined Oct 2011
87 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichPrior View Post
what motor do you have fitted to your Easy*..??.... as i purchased mine in the UK with the recomendation of the model shop and was really disapointed with the performance(my fault as i shoulkd have realised they were replicating the original Easy* but now brushless). Anyway a cheap motor upgrade and she is now somewhere where i like it.......

Rich
I bought mine from fpv.co.uk, it's the ready to fly version so the standard motor, I have ordered new wings as I sat on one and snapped it in half, I mended it with a piece of carbon strip but I've noticed that wing doesn't flex compared to the other side. Not a good start for the first flight
moneyhunster is offline Find More Posts by moneyhunster
Old Jul 01, 2014, 04:08 AM
Joined Oct 2011
87 Posts
I'll get some new batteries in your size too and retry. Cheers
Old Jul 01, 2014, 05:21 AM
Buckingham U.K
Joined Mar 2008
220 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneyhunster View Post
I'll get some new batteries in your size too and retry. Cheers
If you definantley have the CofG in the right place to the manual then you will find that these will of course need some small sub-trimming on your first flight but they normally glide forever and if i havent flown mine for a while always mess up the first landing approach as it just sails by me for ages at head height.....

i normally trim my elevator for level flight at a smidge over half throttle..

Rich
Old Jul 01, 2014, 06:30 AM
Hobby King Hater
USA
Joined Mar 2005
4,314 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichPrior View Post
If you definantley have the CofG in the right place to the manual then you will find that these will of course need some small sub-trimming on your first flight but they normally glide forever and if i havent flown mine for a while always mess up the first landing approach as it just sails by me for ages at head height.....

i normally trim my elevator for level flight at a smidge over half throttle..

Rich
Is that an imperial smidge, or metric smidge??
Kimber is online now Find More Posts by Kimber
Old Jul 01, 2014, 06:58 AM
Buckingham U.K
Joined Mar 2008
220 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimber View Post
Is that an imperial smidge, or metric smidge??
Hi Kimber

Over here and at my age it has to be a Metric smidge im afraid......
Old Jul 01, 2014, 08:14 AM
Joined Oct 2011
87 Posts
I know what you mean by the landings, I took 4 trys to get it down, really looking forward to getting the hang of it, looks like it will be great with fpv.
Old Jul 02, 2014, 08:19 PM
Joined Sep 2012
106 Posts
A recommendation for Dual Rates and Expo would be much appreciated.
olblueyez is offline Find More Posts by olblueyez
Last edited by olblueyez; Jul 03, 2014 at 06:11 PM.