HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Sep 25, 2011, 08:31 PM
brooklyn,ny
Joined Jul 2007
2,276 Posts
Discussion
1 bad apple

just found out that one of our guys that attend had his fma 10s stolen from the back of his suv sometime on saturday night in the flight line

granted that the trunk was open and no one was watching it, but saddens me to hear of this, it will not stop him from coming again next year, he enjoyed his 1st neat fair and love it and will be back for 2012.

but 1 bad apple in our community saddens me for doing this

-pete
aka-Butt Pirate
meanbaby is offline Find More Posts by meanbaby
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Polaris #58 control horn
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 26, 2011, 09:54 AM
How high will it go?
Greenwood Lake NY
Joined Oct 2003
2,660 Posts
Yea that sucks, and it happens. My son had his small national geographic telescope stolen a few years back. We didn't even realize till we got home. I guess not all modellers are good apples. I hate to give the NEAT fair any bad press, but at the same time, people should know so that they can take a few more precautions, and not have stuff taken from them. I wouldn't let it stop me from coming, and this in no way reflects on the people running the event.
antslake is offline Find More Posts by antslake
Old Sep 26, 2011, 02:51 PM
JUNK RADIO
USA, NY, Queens
Joined Dec 2006
3,099 Posts
Pete,

I got a free soda from a nice guy at the Neat Fair.

: )
Flazo is offline Find More Posts by Flazo
Old Sep 26, 2011, 04:55 PM
United States, OH, Eastlake
Joined Jan 2007
467 Posts
Pete- we are sorry to hear that. It does happen- we have had it happen at Toledo with our calipers- luckily another vendor saw them and said "hey let me give Diane her calipers back" and he took them from his hand and walked them back down to us-
very cool!
What could the guy say! The caliper had Lazertoyz marked on them..
Diane & Dan

we love our friends and customers!
Thanks to all who made Neat fair as great as it was- and boo to those who would want to ruin it by doing something as bad a stealing.
Diane@lazertoyz is offline Find More Posts by Diane@lazertoyz
Old Sep 26, 2011, 09:22 PM
How high will it go?
Greenwood Lake NY
Joined Oct 2003
2,660 Posts
I left my camera there on a tree stump and someone returned it to the office. Went back up sat and got it. Wasn't a cheap camera either.
Old Sep 27, 2011, 05:32 AM
AMA 504253 Born in the USA
Hatboro Pa.
Joined Feb 2005
843 Posts
You have to wonder if his charger grew legs what else did he get from other cars, trucks, and vans. Most theifs dont stop when they are on a roll. He will get caught one day for sure. He better hope it is not me that catches him as there is a lot of woods for someone to get lost in up there never to be seen again. If he is lucky I may just beat him with a rubber hose or turn him into the attending State trooper that was there flying.
One year I thought my Dremel tool grew legs off my picnic table. I was not pointing any fingers as I could not be sure. I did not want to belive it was a NEAT flyer. I was so happy when I found it in my camper about 6 months later. If this guy scored good he will be back next year for sure. It takes brass ba--s to grab something when people are everywhere. guess its time to set up micro video cameras in our vans ect. while we are on the flight line.
Dave
Yellowspider is offline Find More Posts by Yellowspider
Old Sep 27, 2011, 05:34 AM
AMA 504253 Born in the USA
Hatboro Pa.
Joined Feb 2005
843 Posts
antslake that is great news about your camera. Now post the pics.
dave
Yellowspider is offline Find More Posts by Yellowspider
Old Sep 28, 2011, 07:46 AM
How high will it go?
Greenwood Lake NY
Joined Oct 2003
2,660 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowspider View Post
antslake that is great news about your camera. Now post the pics.
dave
I did, in the generic picture thread. I really didn't take many pictures this year, was too busy flying and having fun. Plus I ran my boat over in the pond. I also know who returned my camera, and next year I got something for them
Old Sep 29, 2011, 01:51 PM
NY
Joined May 2000
2,161 Posts
New Rule: Perpetrators that are caught pilfering will be deep fried at the BCSF tent, sprinked with confectionery suger, and lashed to a tree for the bears to sample ...

... it is sad but in all honesty Im suprised more stuff doesn't grow legs considering the sheer amount of stuff left out in the open x the amount of traffic. Each night Im careful to pack up whats on my table but during the day I've got gobs of stuff on it and frequently walk away

Kinda funny, but I left a "dead" 3S 5000 pack on the table on purpose sat after I packed just to see if it would grow legs (well, also because I didn't want it to have a "vent with flames" episode inside my truck)...

... it was still there Sunday morning. Maybe someone tested it

Which reminds me of a funny story that happened quite a few years ago - a woman in my office had one of those small portable B&W TV's she would take out of her desk to watch her soaps during lunchbreak. One day she forgot to put it away and sure enough it grew legs and was missing the next morning.

Feeling bad for her, Hubby went out and bought her a new color one with a bigger screen. not 2 days went by when she opened her desk drawer in the morning to find the color TV GONE ...

... and replaced with her old B&W unit !!

A member of the nightly cleaning crew soon found the permanent exit door
Alan W is offline Find More Posts by Alan W
Old Sep 29, 2011, 02:12 PM
United States, CT
Joined Aug 2005
1,923 Posts
UGH...
This ticks me off.

I had a moment where I relized the hatch of the suv had been open for a half hour (with all of my planes and batteries in plain sight (no pun in tended)) and not a thing was touched... and I thought how cool it was that we didn't really have to worry.

It was the same thing at the autocross/sports car events I used to frequent- $400 helmet, tools, even wheels with mounted tires, all were safe to be left unattended and it was a great feeling.

Sounds like my false sense of security has run its course.
MRGTX is offline Find More Posts by MRGTX
Old Oct 06, 2011, 07:58 AM
United States, OH, Cleveland
Joined Feb 2010
555 Posts
Made me wonder... We thought nothing of walking away from out EZup and leaving our radios / planes / batteries unattended...

Guess I will not be doing that again.

D.
dmize is offline Find More Posts by dmize
Old Oct 06, 2011, 12:32 PM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,145 Posts
WEll, good news the SEFF thief was caught at EWeek this past weekend. Cold busted stealing again too.. Cple guys actually grabbed him and held him until the police got there.. The prick was wearing the same AMA hat he wore at SEFF when they took a pic of him.. So let it be known the prick who stole at this event will eventually get theirs.
Manta1 is offline Find More Posts by Manta1
Old Oct 06, 2011, 01:25 PM
United States, WA, Puyallup
Joined Aug 2006
2,207 Posts
been roamin this earth 61 yrs and believe me in almost every situation and nomatter where you go THIER IS ALWAYS ONE USELESS EXCUSE FOR A HUMAN BEING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!could be on the hiway,at work,out flying,out to dinner etc etc etc..I was selling at a swap one time and noticed some stuff was missing that wasnt sold, I knew exactly who it was but couldnt prove it unless I shook the guy down, well you know how that goes

few yrs back had some stuff stolen from my shop, again knew exactly who it was and got the cops involed, they said they went to his house and questioned him but couldnt enter the home w/o a search warrent, the cops sure do a fine job DONT THEY??!!!!
lectroglide is offline Find More Posts by lectroglide
Last edited by lectroglide; Oct 06, 2011 at 01:34 PM.
Old Oct 06, 2011, 02:18 PM
Australia
Joined Nov 2010
2,876 Posts
Don't blame the police. You expect them to uphold the law not break it.
lipoflyer is offline Find More Posts by lipoflyer
Old Oct 06, 2011, 07:09 PM
no more glow models for me!!!!
bklyn n.y.
Joined Jan 2008
881 Posts
i live my life by just a few simple rules...
treat others as you would wish to be treated,
if wronged verbally, i reserve the right to respond in kind or worse,
you deter aggression by projecting Strength, if forced to defend my family,
or myself, i will not hesitate to use deadly force if i deem it necessary,
thieves, if caught red handed, get their teeth knocked out.....
iflyrc1012 is offline Find More Posts by iflyrc1012
Closed Thread