HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 11, 2012, 08:55 PM
Just fly
Australia, VIC, Glen Waverley
Joined Jan 2011
2,014 Posts
Thanks guys for the feed back. I will keep them in until replacing is needed.
evltoy is offline Find More Posts by evltoy
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 12, 2012, 07:42 PM
Smoke em ' If ya got em
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Aug 2012
3,376 Posts
With the day off of work. I took my 500e out early to avoid any wind. And now have my inverts down. as well as rolls and loops. Cant believe i waited so long to try some stunt moves. You posted a vid earlier evltoy that basicaly let me know im lagging And need to keep up. lol
Thanks for the push. Off to watch the steelers whoop on K.C ( Sorry Mhills...But ya know its gonna happen )
Dejavu*Xion is offline Find More Posts by Dejavu*Xion
Old Nov 12, 2012, 08:26 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
11,739 Posts
We scored first lol!
mhills51 is online now Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 12, 2012, 09:08 PM
Smoke em ' If ya got em
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Aug 2012
3,376 Posts
Damn...I know rite...that's the first time this year k.c scored in the first quarter, and against my Steelers none the less...Not good. Ha...tied up at half. Will see who has the final say when all that rain clears out...............got the win...but it was an ugly win.
Dejavu*Xion is offline Find More Posts by Dejavu*Xion
Last edited by Dejavu*Xion; Nov 12, 2012 at 10:48 PM.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 04:47 PM
United States, MI, Portage
Joined Sep 2011
4,063 Posts
This may be an extremely dumb question and the closer I get to asking it, the more I feel like it will be... I have never used flybar paddles that have these grooves in them that you put the sticker on. Is the sticker absolutely necessary? Paddles in question:

3d astronaut is offline Find More Posts by 3d astronaut
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Fatshark Attitude 1.3ghz
Old Nov 13, 2012, 04:51 PM
Norway, Hordaland, Os
Joined Nov 2004
332 Posts
[QUOTE=Cloudflying;23260764]This may be an extremely dumb question and the closer I get to asking it, the more I feel like it will be... I have never used flybar paddles that have these grooves in them that you put the sticker on. Is the sticker absolutely necessary? Paddles in question:

Yes, don't fly without the stickers. It proably would fly without, but not anywhere near as good as with the stickers on.

- Thomas
thnilsen is offline Find More Posts by thnilsen
Old Nov 13, 2012, 05:15 PM
Joined Sep 2011
4,063 Posts
[QUOTE=thnilsen;23260810]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudflying View Post
This may be an extremely dumb question and the closer I get to asking it, the more I feel like it will be... I have never used flybar paddles that have these grooves in them that you put the sticker on. Is the sticker absolutely necessary? Paddles in question:

Yes, don't fly without the stickers. It proably would fly without, but not anywhere near as good as with the stickers on.

- Thomas
Boo! Just going to have to try to color match some fusno or kdbb flybar paddles with the trex upgrade package. Anyone ever put monokote or a similar coverin on the paddles to keep a similar color?
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 13, 2012, 06:22 PM
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
4,581 Posts
Quote:
Without the stickers over the cutouts, the paddles will be really draggy, and possibly unstable. Some woodies for 450 size helis have cutouts - it would be interesting to see if anyone could get a heli to fly with the covering stripped off them!
2Doggs is online now Find More Posts by 2Doggs
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Hk500 tt fbl
Old Nov 13, 2012, 06:26 PM
Joined Sep 2011
4,063 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Doggs View Post
Without the stickers over the cutouts, the paddles will be really draggy, and possibly unstable. Some woodies for 450 size helis have cutouts - it would be interesting to see if anyone could get a heli to fly with the covering stripped off them!
I volunteer someone with more than one 500 size heli
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 13, 2012, 07:54 PM
Just fly
Australia, VIC, Glen Waverley
Joined Jan 2011
2,014 Posts
funny looking paddles in the first place. not very streamline

The Align plastic paddles have the cutouts in them and you have to put the hologram sticker on them to fill. the cutouts are to knock some weight off.
evltoy is offline Find More Posts by evltoy
Old Nov 14, 2012, 02:38 AM
Closed Account
Joined Aug 2007
4,497 Posts
Quote:

Those are the chunkiest paddles I've seen ever! What type of flying are these geared for?
eagle777 is offline Find More Posts by eagle777
Old Nov 14, 2012, 03:50 AM
Australia
Joined Jun 2010
1,611 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by evltoy View Post
funny looking paddles in the first place. not very streamline

The Align plastic paddles have the cutouts in them and you have to put the hologram sticker on them to fill. the cutouts are to knock some weight off.
My GAUI550 also has cut out all over the paddles. "Extreme" do weighted plastic main blades with cuts outs on the inner half of the blades. I've used them on a HBK2 which is only have a 500 size heli though.
Bravo47 is offline Find More Posts by Bravo47
Old Nov 14, 2012, 07:18 AM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
11,739 Posts
These paddles are the cheapest "best" you can get for your FB 500. It's because of these you don't find a lot of options when looking for 500 paddles. The very first thing I changed to on my HK500.
mhills51 is online now Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 14, 2012, 11:19 AM
Joined Sep 2011
4,063 Posts
Haha those arent the paddles I ordered but was just the first pic that popped up. Are the align ones alright? I just ordered the color upgrade kit that comes with skids, paddles, tail blades etc. Should I order some kdbb paddles as well? Does anyone know if they sell just white skid pipes?? Sorry for all the questions and once again, thanks for all your help guys!
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 14, 2012, 11:49 AM
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
4,581 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle777 View Post
Those are the chunkiest paddles I've seen ever! What type of flying are these geared for?
I think the reason they look chunky is because of the illusion created by the onboard, chamfered ends - at first glance, it looks like the paddles use a really thick airfoil section. What you're actually seeing is more width than depth... Whoever took the product picture should feel proud - it creates a real "yuk!" reaction.
2Doggs is online now Find More Posts by 2Doggs
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Hk500 tt fbl