SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 01, 2014, 04:36 PM
Joined Dec 2008
4 Posts
Discussion
Swiss model Boats 67 inch

Hi I have been building and flying airplanes for over 20 years everything including turbines, but I have never built a boat. I recently acquired a Swiss model boat Catamaran 67 inch (CT-04). can anyone please guide me or let me know if there is a build thread and or instructions on recommended equipment for this boat?

Thanks in advance for the help

J.C.
J.C.A. is offline Find More Posts by J.C.A.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 01, 2014, 07:14 PM
Joined Oct 2011
616 Posts
1st question that should always be asked...whats your budget?
dobydog6507 is online now Find More Posts by dobydog6507
Old Sep 02, 2014, 09:01 PM
Joined Dec 2008
4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobydog6507 View Post
1st question that should always be asked...whats your budget?
Thanks for the reply, budget is resonably open I am a picky builder and I know that quality cost money. My worry is if this hull is good quality and worth the investment.
I have been in the modeling hobby long enough and dont want to waste time building something that I later find out is completely outdated and inferior, I have unfortunately paid for the learning curve a couple of times. I am new to RC boats but as full scale boater I have a 55 Viking Sportfish and a 33 foot Open fisherman.

I thank you in Advance for your guideance

J.C.
Old Sep 02, 2014, 09:18 PM
Kid at heart..
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Apr 2014
133 Posts
I don't know anything about that boat, but I just have to say it is a beautiful boat.
hangtheman is online now Find More Posts by hangtheman
Old Sep 02, 2014, 11:39 PM
Bucharest, RO
Joined May 2009
1,990 Posts
The hull you have is a Swiss Model Powerboats CT-04. These are also known as HPR (from Hans Peter Rotschi, the manufacturer), and are possibly the best on the market. See here, about half page:
http://www.swissmodelpowerboatteam.ch/Produkte/
You can also get an idea on the prices of the original hardware:
http://www.swissmodelpowerboatteam.ch/Produkte/hpr-06/

Start looking for builds of HPR CT-04, there should be some on the Offshoreelectric site.

Cornel
CornelP is offline Find More Posts by CornelP
Old Sep 03, 2014, 08:16 AM
Germany, NDS, Wedemark
Joined Sep 2013
6 Posts
As far i know is the CT04 still pictured but not avaible any longer

tc
Axel
07Axel is offline Find More Posts by 07Axel
Old Sep 03, 2014, 06:09 PM
Joined Dec 2008
4 Posts
Thanks for the info and please any other info is greatly appreciated

J.C.
Old Sep 03, 2014, 10:51 PM
Joined Sep 2014
24 Posts
If I ever get my hands on one like yours (GORGEOUS!) I'd immediately start looking at turbine power. Here is a large scale cat
Mystic C5000 Turbine Startup (3 min 22 sec)

There are several manufacturers like Jetcatusa.com and http://turbinatop.net/boat-rc-turbine/ which are the motors in the video above. I have a 42" vintage hydro on it's way here & I'm considering a single turbine. Your boat would be a great candidate for twins!
As you can see, this guy simply sets it into the start sequence, an electric motor spools up the turbine to start speed & when it hits the mark, the auto start injects kerosene to get the turbine fired.
Price can be a big issue. A single jet engine with the drive & auto start option can run $2500. Lots of different options though if you so choose to go this route. You'd definitely be the talk of the town!!
CTdave203 is offline Find More Posts by CTdave203
Last edited by CTdave203; Sep 03, 2014 at 10:58 PM.