SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 27, 2013, 11:12 AM
The Prez....... again
United States, IA, Rockwell
Joined Jul 2011
4,000 Posts
Discussion
Mall Show April 13 &14

Annual River City RC mall show at Southbrige Mall, Mason City, IA. Set up on Saturday at 9AM. Secure storage over night. Tear down at 4PM on Sunday.
kenh3497 is online now Find More Posts by kenh3497
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 28, 2013, 07:39 AM
ARFs Are Me
Traverse City, Michigan
Joined Dec 2005
11,380 Posts
Since it's too far for me to attend, Ken, please post a few pics after the event.
TomCrump is offline Find More Posts by TomCrump
Old Apr 17, 2013, 07:07 PM
The Prez....... again
Joined Jul 2011
4,000 Posts
requested photos

The show was smaller than years past. I'm not sure the reason why, but it was. We normally give out a small trophy or plaque for 1st, 2nd & 3rd which are voted on by the public. For some reason the voting station was never set up. We only had four entries anyway. I was "persuaded" into picking the winner of the show and was also "persuaded" on which plane to pick. Actually it was a no-brainer to pick the winner and we all agreed..... Here you go, Enjoy
Old Apr 17, 2013, 07:13 PM
The Prez....... again
Joined Jul 2011
4,000 Posts
And the winner is........

Caleb, from Algona, IA.

I had his mentor write up a bit about Caleb for our news letter.

Quote) Ken,
His name is Caleb Christensen from Algona, he is 10 years old and yes it was his first build. It is a PT-60 from Great Planes with a OS 65LA engine and a Spectrum DX6i radio. He and his brother Nick have been to my place and watched me fly and they both seemed to like it, a year ago last Christmas I bought them the plane kit, the motor and Real Flight simulator, they have been flying it for a year so I hope this goes well when we do start flying. This Christmas I bought them the radio and it was decided that this would be Caleb's 4-H project and I will build another plane with his brother.

We started building over Christmas break with Caleb reading the instruction then picking out the parts needed for each step and then doing the step with maybe a little help, and I mean a little, he did very good and really was pushing me more than me pushing him. It got down to covering, we decided together that he would pick out the scheme and help me as he could, we all know that covering can be a pain so I did cover it for him. I had a graphics company that I deal with at work make the graphics for it and Caleb and I put them on together. We have ran the engine but have not flown it yet, we will learn on one of my planes and then move to his. This will be entered in our 4-H fair in Algona in August and the award from us will be displayed with it.

Ken, he was a very happy boy when I got home with it. The one thing that really impressed me was that he wanted to vote for Jim's Stearman and not his own, he is not a selfish young boy like many are..

Thanks a lot for the award for him, you guys just made this project even more worth the effort.. (Quote
Old Apr 17, 2013, 08:15 PM
ARFs Are Me
Traverse City, Michigan
Joined Dec 2005
11,380 Posts
Thanks, Ken.

It looks like it was a nice display.

Caleb built a great model. Pass my congrats on to him, please.
TomCrump is offline Find More Posts by TomCrump