HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Yesterday, 01:06 PM
DF65/No Excuses, Just Sailing!
United States, TX, Richardson
Joined Feb 2011
725 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by derelicte View Post
what type of radio failures did you have?
Typical RC Regatta failures... low battery, bad connection... water on wires... all stuff that really has nothing to do with the DF in particular, but with sailing boats in general

That being said, the stock DF radio is fine if you dont have a good radio already (in fact I would say that there were about 5 or 6 using stock radios in our 21 boat fleet Saturday) , but I highly recommend upgrading if you intend on sailing in a regatta setting or sailing your boat a lot, simply because the better radios can store multiple models, usually have built in electronic adjustments, more throw, sub trim, etc.

The Joysway stock radio is almost exactly like a Spectrum DX5 , and it is 2.4gHz. It has dual rate and expo buttons on the side, you can also reverse rudders, and it has a very long range, (all of which make it 100 times better than the AM Crystal Futaba Attack radios I started with in 1996 ) I actually keep one in my box as a small lightweight backup !
Windward RC is online now Find More Posts by Windward RC
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 01:22 PM
United States, WV, Martinsburg
Joined Dec 2005
346 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windward RC View Post
The rings go on the intersections of the masts and booms as shown(these are from my Cat... same exact rings though):
Amazing what a good picture can do. Thanks Chuck, it all makes sense now.
habutti is online now Find More Posts by habutti
Old Yesterday, 04:46 PM
United States, FL, Spring Hill
Joined Apr 2009
968 Posts
RG65 Vinyl window decals.

Hi Captains
When you get a chance check out my classified for RG65 (and other) vinyl window decals at this posting:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2246286

Thanks.
Regards
Chuck Stasek
EnigmaSoar is online now Find More Posts by EnigmaSoar
Old Today, 04:30 PM
DF65/No Excuses, Just Sailing!
United States, TX, Richardson
Joined Feb 2011
725 Posts
Defective Part Claim Process

OK guys, I have been interfacing with Atomik on this issue...

They have already contacted Joysway and Atomik will be air shipping in the correct parts in the next week or so.

To get the correct part you will need to submit a support case at:

http://www.atomikrc.com/pages/submit-a-support-case

You will not need to send back the defective part .

If you purchased from Atomik, they will just need their receipt number and if you purchased from Amazon, Atomik will need to see a copy of their receipt...

thats it!
Windward RC is online now Find More Posts by Windward RC
Old Today, 10:11 PM
United States, WV, Martinsburg
Joined Dec 2005
346 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windward RC View Post
OK guys, I have been interfacing with Atomik on this issue...

They have already contacted Joysway and Atomik will be air shipping in the correct parts in the next week or so.

To get the correct part you will need to submit a support case at:

http://www.atomikrc.com/pages/submit-a-support-case

You will not need to send back the defective part .

If you purchased from Atomik, they will just need their receipt number and if you purchased from Amazon, Atomik will need to see a copy of their receipt...

thats it!
Awesome, many thanks.
habutti is online now Find More Posts by habutti