SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 02, 2013, 10:37 PM
Joined Jan 2013
2 Posts
Discussion
Looking for top notch turbine jet

I am looking to buy a turbine jet. However I not sure which manufacturer to go to. I have heard of skymasterjet and CARF. Any any name other jet manufacturer that's top quality?
moegreen is offline Find More Posts by moegreen
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 03, 2013, 02:35 PM
Ireland, Co. Dublin, Dublin
Joined Feb 2012
312 Posts
I know this is not necessarilly a direct answer to your question, but if you take a look at Al's prestige collection page it will give you an idea of some good quality stuff and also the kind of price bracket that is associated with it.

One day I hope to buy something nice from that page, but it won't be today or tomorrow.

http://alshobbies.com/info/prestige_collection.htm

I have also noticed that some manufacturers lean more towards scale than sport so that could affect who you consider kits from. Do you see yourself going scale or sport?
Quandry is offline Find More Posts by Quandry
Old Jan 03, 2013, 05:32 PM
Joined Oct 2005
64 Posts
1. BVM or JMP

2. Carf or Tomahawk

3. All the others

A little simplistic, some of the smaller European manufacturers are really good too.

Do you want to build It or ARF it?

Most importantly....do you know how to fly and Im not talking about toy grade foamy airplanes.
Jeremy300 is online now Find More Posts by Jeremy300
Old Jan 05, 2013, 12:15 AM
Joined Jan 2013
2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy300 View Post
1. BVM or JMP

2. Carf or Tomahawk

3. All the others

A little simplistic, some of the smaller European manufacturers are really good too.

Do you want to build It or ARF it?

Most importantly....do you know how to fly and Im not talking about toy grade foamy airplanes.
I learned flying using realflight software then purchased f4 from nitroplane. Now want to move to turbine.
moegreen is offline Find More Posts by moegreen
Old Jan 05, 2013, 02:53 PM
"Take Off" eh!
Canada, ON, Beeton
Joined Aug 2008
3,142 Posts
you'll be fine then.. Just make sure the red reset button is working on your Tx

If it doesnt have one..not to worry.. you can get one at Staples
vettster is online now Find More Posts by vettster
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 3DTRYER ripped me off!!!
Old Jan 05, 2013, 03:09 PM
Not Funny......
United States, CO, Redstone
Joined Dec 2010
900 Posts
And install a GoPro video cam.......we want video!
Mike Warren is offline Find More Posts by Mike Warren
Last edited by Mike Warren; Jan 05, 2013 at 05:47 PM. Reason: Crunch...
Old Jan 06, 2013, 08:07 PM
Joined Aug 2008
289 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by moegreen View Post
I am looking to buy a turbine jet. However I not sure which manufacturer to go to. I have heard of skymasterjet and CARF. Any any name other jet manufacturer that's top quality?
There are plenty of companies to select from once you are sure turbine-power is what you want to do. But unless you have money to throw away, I would suggest that you become a bit more proficient in actually flying a variety of fast models before sinking the dollars it will take to get your first turbine-powered jet.
Vantagepoint is offline Find More Posts by Vantagepoint
Old Feb 28, 2013, 12:53 PM
United States, MA, Hingham
Joined Jan 2010
39 Posts
Turbine Jets

if you are serious about getting into a turbine jet ...then you need to connect with a local club that has turbine waivered members as you will need a turbine waiver Cert to fly one yourself.

I am new to the world of turbine jets and am working on learning the ins and outs myself..there is a big crowd of jet guys on RCuniverse also..

just as an FYI...you can get a turbine jet ready to go anywhere from 2500-25,000$

if you go with a Quality Jet then you're looking at $5,000-10,000 easily...

I have an F18 being built now that is going to be right around $20,000 when completed.

You should review the AMA requirements for turbine waiver cert also ...
x3dflyer is offline Find More Posts by x3dflyer
Old Mar 01, 2013, 06:18 PM
United States, TX, Katy
Joined Jan 2009
366 Posts
make sure you get a Jacknife, Jmp Firebird, or Ultra Bandit.....And please install video camera
txshan130 is offline Find More Posts by txshan130