HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 26, 2012, 09:39 AM
United States, CA, Rocklin
Joined Sep 2012
14 Posts
Question
Sanwa SD-10G: Deal or Disaster?

I have a lead on a Sanwa-branded SD-10G. As you may know, Airtronics distributes these in the US with their own label.

A call to Airtronics USA confirmed they will support the Sanwa model. The electrical plugs are US spec. The programming language and manual is English. Seller says it will talk to US-spec receivers.

Have any of you SVSSers heard of any other reason to stay away from this? I would otherwise buy from a local hobby shop, but this is such a good deal.

Mitch Valder
Rocklin CA
U2Milo is offline Find More Posts by U2Milo
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 26, 2012, 01:41 PM
Always more to Xplore
near Sacramento, CA
Joined Aug 2010
808 Posts
If you can get return privileges on this purchase then I would go ahead and try it.

The 10G has worked very well for me with the caveat that you need to be very careful when you buy transmitters used from a 3rd party. I had a bad experience with one. The new one has worked flawlessly for 2 years.

Chris B.
SoaringDude is offline Find More Posts by SoaringDude
Old Nov 05, 2012, 04:51 PM
United States, CA, Folsom
Joined Jul 2007
2,531 Posts
This response may be a bit late, but here's my advice. Chris is right, buying used has it's risks. I would suggest this. Offer this to the seller. You will purchase and send to Airtronics to be thoroughly checked out and tuned, which you will pay for. If there is any other repairs that are required the seller would pick those up. If he agrees, go for it. If not, pass on it. This way you get a freshly checked/tuned TX, and any needed repairs get covered by the seller. If seller is confident in the quality of his TX it should be a no brainer.

JT
jtlsf5 is online now Find More Posts by jtlsf5