SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 03, 2012, 04:03 PM
scratch-built
United States, WA, Port Orchard
Joined Apr 2007
1,001 Posts
drambuidhe,

Glad I could be of some help. I hope the new pcb with the proper wiring proves to be the solution to the problem. The black capacitors soldered to the motor are on there to reduce the EMI (Brush arcing will generate noise causing electrical magnetic interference EMI) This is one of the reasons why Brushless motors are better, altho they are more expensive, they last longer and don't require as much maintenance as a brushed motor.

I, Also would like to swap my DH9118 pcb to the S033G . So, I would greatly appreciate you sharing, either by text and or photo's just how you accomplish the pcb swap.

Thanks,

J
Jim Lee is offline Find More Posts by Jim Lee
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 03, 2012, 04:24 PM
scratch-built
Joined Apr 2007
1,001 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwtriac23 View Post
Some photos of my new Syma S33
dwtriac23,

After viewing the video, and the photo's of your S33, It looks like the Canopy and all the other hardware on the S33 are the same as is on the S033G. If that's the case I could exchange my S033G's yellow canopy and hardware with the S33. I did see in the video that the wind was calm, as there wasn't any noticeable movement of the foliage in the video. I'm sure that the mods that applied to the S033 will also have to be done to the S33 in order to be able to fly in any sort of a breeze.

According to the tracking info I received from xheli, my S33 will be here on Wednesday the 7th of Nov. I can't hardly wait to have a Heli that will fly without signal loss. I got to fly my 2.4Ghz DH9118 today and it was rock solid, No signal fades or loss of signal. I expect the new 2.4Ghz S33 to preform in the same way.

J
Old Nov 03, 2012, 07:54 PM
DWTRIAC23
United States, MA, North Andover
Joined Feb 2012
173 Posts
Jim Lee
the S33 is almost exactly the same as the SO33G with the exception of the 2.4Ghz upgrade. It is almost useles trying to fly it outdoors without any modifications to weight distribution and especially tail rotor mods. I removed the tail boom supports and placed an equal amount of weight in the nose and replaced the tail rotor with one from a double horse bird but had to cut and reverse the wires going to the tail because the new blade was reverse angled.After those mods i can fly outdoors on most days that are not very windy.
I would be interested in what mods you make and how you you like the new S33 and its flight characteristics.
DWtriac23
dwtriac23 is offline Find More Posts by dwtriac23
Old Nov 03, 2012, 09:26 PM
scratch-built
Joined Apr 2007
1,001 Posts
dwtriac23,

I plan to do the same mods on the S33 as I have on the S033G, I will add weight to the nose, I epoxy 14g of lead in the nose and if it's too much weight I drill some out until I get the balance I want. I mod the battery holder,and connector, So I can use a larger battery (2s 20c 7.4v 1800mAh). I use the lower blade set off of the appropriate colored S107 and cut them to 7cm and glue them to the orginal tail rotor. I also take the screws out of the landing skid and use some small zip ties to hold it on. That way when I crash it'll break the zip ties instead of the landing skid. Also, If I have a sideways drift, since this is a 3ch heli and I can't correct it like I can with my 4ch heli's, I try to correct the drift by wrapping solder around the landing skid, opposite the direction of the drift.

I really like the way my S033G flies, and If drambuidhe gets the DH9118 pcb change worked out, I plan to do the same to my S033G, That way I will have all of my 3ch Heli's on 2.4Ghz. He said he found a DH9118 pcb on e-bay, so I went on e-bay and found the store that is selling them and ordered one.

J
Old Nov 03, 2012, 11:38 PM
Joined Dec 2006
156 Posts
Does anybody here have any experience with the Extreme Flyers X350? I realize you can buy 4 S33s for the price of a X350 but I was wondering if the X350 is worth the much larger price.
Raycamaro is offline Find More Posts by Raycamaro
Old Nov 04, 2012, 01:01 AM
scratch-built
Joined Apr 2007
1,001 Posts
Only what I've read on the forum and the video's that i've seen. I seems like it's hard on motors. Even tho it's a 4ch coaxal and has a 2.4Ghz Tx, I think that it's a little too high in price. Hobby People has it for just under 220 bucks. Go to this thread, in this forum and you can read all about the Extreme Flyers X350.

Extreme Flyers X350 5A2, 5 CH Coaxial, flies in wind/Fast forward Flight capable.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1540131

J
Old Nov 05, 2012, 04:53 AM
Joined Sep 2012
42 Posts
from where to buy syma s33 2.4ghz at the cheapest rates
and did this heli have any problem? if have so tell me
shivambansal is offline Find More Posts by shivambansal
Old Nov 05, 2012, 04:54 AM
Joined Sep 2012
42 Posts
which large size heli is best?
Old Nov 05, 2012, 12:54 PM
DWTRIAC23
Joined Feb 2012
173 Posts
The only place I saw that has the S33 is Xheli and they have very competative prices you may also be able to get it directly from SymaToys.com. It is a new heli and i have only flown mine 2-3 times so far no problems. I haven't heard from anyone else that has one yet.
Old Nov 05, 2012, 03:43 PM
Different fly 4 different guy
Canada, BC, Salmon Arm
Joined Jan 2011
1,892 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shivambansal View Post
which large size heli is best?
If you are wanting a large coaxial take a look at the MJX-F39. I had one and as far as coax's go, it was good one. And it's full 4 channel so no more tail motor. It does cost a bit more than the s033 but is far superior in build and flight, and no signal dropout issues. I repaired a s033, and also a large FXD, for a friend, so I was able to do hands on comparisons with the F39.

While you're checking out the F39, take a look at the slightly smaller F45 fixed pitch. Then you can fly outdoors in a light breeze without worry, and have almost the same hover stability.

In case you're wondering - No I don't work for MJX.

regards . . . g
gordonzo is offline Find More Posts by gordonzo
Old Nov 06, 2012, 04:51 AM
Joined Sep 2012
42 Posts
thanks dwtriac23 and gordonzo but syma s33 2.4ghz is better than mjx-f39
Old Nov 06, 2012, 04:55 AM
Joined Sep 2012
42 Posts
can anybody tell me where to buy syma s33 2.4ghz heli
Old Nov 06, 2012, 04:56 AM
Joined Sep 2012
42 Posts
xheli is not working
Old Nov 06, 2012, 10:42 AM
DWTRIAC23
Joined Feb 2012
173 Posts
why not, whats the problem. I bought mine from xheli 2 weeks ago. They even say they ship international. Where are you from.
Old Nov 06, 2012, 11:01 AM
Different fly 4 different guy
Canada, BC, Salmon Arm
Joined Jan 2011
1,892 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shivambansal View Post
thanks dwtriac23 and gordonzo but syma s33 2.4ghz is better than mjx-f39
Hey no problem.

What kind of issues did you have with your F39?

The one I had was a really nice, stable and quick flyer. The tx could be switched between 4 modes and all directions adjusted for servo travel and control. Once I tried a fixed pitch I found coaxials too slow for my flying style so I sold it.

Keep flying!

regards . . . g
gordonzo is offline Find More Posts by gordonzo