SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 30, 2012, 08:35 AM
Joined Jun 2007
239 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroCharged View Post
The production version has a clear plastic tab added to the center of the underside of the horizontal tail to reinforce the surface. Jim's was badly mis-aligned and is so off center that it is protruding in front of the right hand elevators LE. Unfortunately, it is glued in there really well as we did try to correct it back to it's proper position but had to stop as we were slicing away without success.
That doesn't sound good. Will ask for my seller to check it before shipping. Could you show us a few photos with that please?
vadimpelau is offline Find More Posts by vadimpelau
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 30, 2012, 11:21 AM
Chad
United States, CA, Cathedral City
Joined Dec 2010
1,703 Posts
Got mine out today for my first flight and I really love the way this little guy flies.great rolls and loops. I still need to get it dialed in and really put it through a good trial but so far very happy. flight time is a bit short but with a 200mah batt thats what i expected but it is still about 4-5min so thats good for now. i will be looking in to the 300mah batt to see if it handles the extra weight ok.
but I will have to see what people will do for speed upgrades because I always want more speed.
TheOne420 is offline Find More Posts by TheOne420
Old Jun 30, 2012, 11:52 AM
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Dec 2006
505 Posts
We had our maiden this morning and the whole time by Brother was flying he kept saying.. WOW, Wow, wow. We have a fleet of skyangel 50mm and this fly's as good if not better than any of them. Actually, much cooler in a lot of ways because NWS and rudder. (Video Soon)

Looked on HH and $24 per battery... .
stvinvegas is offline Find More Posts by stvinvegas
Site Sponsor
Old Jun 30, 2012, 01:19 PM
Just wanna fly!
United States, TX
Joined Apr 2008
1,012 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stvinvegas View Post
We had our maiden this morning and the whole time by Brother was flying he kept saying.. WOW, Wow, wow. We have a fleet of skyangel 50mm and this fly's as good if not better than any of them. Actually, much cooler in a lot of ways because NWS and rudder. (Video Soon)

Looking forward to the video! Can't wait to receive and fly mine.

For batteries. Get some "BabbelBatts" from user RCBabbel. Good price and very good batteries.
grovey is offline Find More Posts by grovey
Old Jun 30, 2012, 02:59 PM
Joined Mar 2008
521 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stvinvegas View Post

Why not try some MiniAviation 300 mAh, 30C, 2S1P UMX Style Li-Po Battery Packs .

You can get two for $26

The old E-Flite Lipo is only 200-mAh but the new MiniAviation has got a extra 100 mAh with a masive 30C punch of power

ChucKTseeker uses them in his UMX Mig 15 check his video out . looks like you can get 5 mins+ out of them

http://www.miniaviation.com/UMX_300.html

E-Flite UMX Mig-15 DF The Maiden Part Two (7 min 14 sec)
richos is offline Find More Posts by richos
Old Jun 30, 2012, 05:10 PM
Team30 Micro EDF
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
11,199 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealGambler View Post
Yikes, that's a lot of Mah... How much did you pull out on discharge, and what voltage did you go down too?
I am cycling the first two:
One is charging/discharging steadily to 282mah
The other is cycling at 287mah

I am discharging them to 6.4V

Quote:
Originally Posted by vadimpelau View Post
That doesn't sound good. Will ask for my seller to check it before shipping. Could you show us a few photos with that please?
I didn't take photo's - perhaps Jim350 can post some or I'll take some next time at the field.
NitroCharged is offline Find More Posts by NitroCharged
Old Jun 30, 2012, 07:36 PM
This thing runs real nice...
Joined Jun 2012
272 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by richos View Post
Why not try some MiniAviation 300 mAh, 30C, 2S1P UMX Style Li-Po Battery Packs .

You can get two for $26

The old E-Flite Lipo is only 200-mAh but the new MiniAviation has got a extra 100 mAh with a masive 30C punch of power

ChucKTseeker uses them in his UMX Mig 15 check his video out . looks like you can get 5 mins+ out of them

NitroCharged has also used them (post #1955 from the Mig 15 sneak peak thread)

"The miniaviation held it's voltage well and delivered much better during flight. Flight time was significantly extended."

Great battery at a great price. Why would you use any other brand?
Nam Lemmi is offline Find More Posts by Nam Lemmi
Old Jun 30, 2012, 08:01 PM
Just wanna fly!
United States, TX
Joined Apr 2008
1,012 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nam Lemmi View Post
NitroCharged has also used them (post #1955 from the Mig 15 sneak peak thread)

"The miniaviation held it's voltage well and delivered much better during flight. Flight time was significantly extended."

Great battery at a great price. Why would you use any other brand?
Are they available in the States? If not then that is a good reason right there. Being int he States I will stick with Hyperions and RCBabbel's batteries.
grovey is offline Find More Posts by grovey
Old Jun 30, 2012, 08:14 PM
This thing runs real nice...
Joined Jun 2012
272 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by grovey View Post
Are they available in the States? If not then that is a good reason right there. Being int he States I will stick with Hyperions and RCBabbel's batteries.
MA does ship internationally so it shouldn't be that hard for someone in the States to get them (order online & wait for the mail to arrive.)

I just placed an order this week and it cost the grand total of $3.04 for international shipping to my address.
Yet the local Hyperion dealer charges about $12 for domestic postage & handling
Nam Lemmi is offline Find More Posts by Nam Lemmi
Last edited by Nam Lemmi; Jul 19, 2012 at 09:51 PM. Reason: update price
Old Jun 30, 2012, 08:25 PM
Utra-Micro RC Fan
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Nov 2011
27 Posts
I'm using Babelbatt's down here in Australia too. The 300mAh Babelbatt that I use on my GeeBee is a little tall though. Will have to check if he's got a better option for the Mig. The 240mAh is great though. Much better than the stock batt.

I found that mine needed a lot of down trim out of the box. Battery is a the front of the compartment and it keeps heading for the sky. I've got it trimmed in nice now for low faaast passes on the downwind. Throw in a bank to the red side for an awesome scene. Unbelievable!
brettg is offline Find More Posts by brettg
Old Jun 30, 2012, 10:36 PM
Parkzone junkie
United States, MI, Grand Traverse
Joined Oct 2008
3,551 Posts
Quote:
I am cycling the first two:
One is charging/discharging steadily to 282mah
The other is cycling at 287mah

I am discharging them to 6.4V
Please for everyone reading this, do not treat your Lipos this way. Any time you discharge a Lipo battery below 3.7v per cell you run the risk of damaging it and reducing its life. In general you should try to only discharge to the 80% mark. This will insure longer life and more power from the pack.

-Brian
kalmon is offline Find More Posts by kalmon
Old Jun 30, 2012, 10:50 PM
Team30 Micro EDF
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
11,199 Posts
Then I should state that the 3.2V per cell is under load and the resting voltage is 3.7V per cell. Just in case some think I am brain dead instead of knowing what I am doing....
Old Jun 30, 2012, 11:06 PM
Parkzone junkie
United States, MI, Grand Traverse
Joined Oct 2008
3,551 Posts
Quote:
Then I should state that the 3.2V per cell is under load and the resting voltage is 3.7V per cell. Just in case some think I am brain dead instead of knowing what I am doing....
phew!!! It is still quite a deep discharge but that's better.

-Brian
kalmon is offline Find More Posts by kalmon
Old Jun 30, 2012, 11:27 PM
Team30 Micro EDF
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
11,199 Posts
Yes! show no mercy to the cells!
Old Jun 30, 2012, 11:51 PM
Chad
United States, CA, Cathedral City
Joined Dec 2010
1,703 Posts
with the low prices of these aftermarket batteries its not so bad if you toast a battery or 2. I can remember when every time i wanted to play with my rc car / boat / airplane for about 20 minutes I would have to go spend $10 in batteries or fuel. so to pay $10 for my battery im not expecting it to last a life time with good punch i figure because of the strain this little edf is going to put on these batts i will be replacing batteries more often then on my beast.
TheOne420 is offline Find More Posts by TheOne420