HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 12, 2012, 02:50 PM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,656 Posts
Can someone explain a little more the benefit and/or drawback of setting fixed id? For instance, will it only affect the current model in memory, or also other models set in memory?
SoloProFan is offline Find More Posts by SoloProFan
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 12, 2012, 03:49 PM
Joined May 2012
112 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan View Post
Can someone explain a little more the benefit and/or drawback of setting fixed id? For instance, will it only affect the current model in memory, or also other models set in memory?
Ii you are ever happen to flight with other walkera owners, this comes quite handy. Omce i bound my tx to my buddys mini, while he was tinkering with it. Well, he got little scared. Also the binding seems to happen much faster now too. And you don't have to turn on the radio and rush to plug in the batt. The mini will bind anytime as long as the radio is on. I think the id is model specific, but i might be woing on this one.
Skovoroda is offline Find More Posts by Skovoroda
Old Aug 12, 2012, 04:07 PM
United Kingdom, England, London
Joined Jun 2012
57 Posts
My rx screws have strippd. Had to drill them out. Anyone know where or what comes with screws to replace, besides buying a new rx? Atm ive had to hot glue it, but its a bit wobbly and is affecting the tail big time!
dreamz123 is offline Find More Posts by dreamz123
Old Aug 12, 2012, 04:31 PM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,656 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skovoroda View Post
Ii you are ever happen to flight with other walkera owners, this comes quite handy. Omce i bound my tx to my buddys mini, while he was tinkering with it. Well, he got little scared. Also the binding seems to happen much faster now too. And you don't have to turn on the radio and rush to plug in the batt. The mini will bind anytime as long as the radio is on. I think the id is model specific, but i might be woing on this one.
Seems like it only has benefits then. Or are there also drawbacks? I keep getting quite some results of people having to clear a fixed id for some reason to be able to fly again. What about that?
SoloProFan is offline Find More Posts by SoloProFan
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 12, 2012, 04:46 PM
United Kingdom, England, London
Joined Jun 2012
57 Posts
I use fixed id with my brushless. Binds instantly
dreamz123 is offline Find More Posts by dreamz123
Old Aug 12, 2012, 10:23 PM
Joined Aug 2009
5,011 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xermalk View Post
Ill likely be doing the server saver on my MiniCP today (tx arriving tomorrow), and i'm wondering if it needs to be done to all servos? i can access 2 of them without removing anything else, but the pitch servo will require that i remove the rx board.

Also, i don't have any washers lying around that fits so ill use shrink tubing, just not sure how well it will hold the arm together.
The area it can tighten is very small, (Genius servo arms looks like they have a mutch larger area to put a washer/shrink tube on).

Ill also be fixing the rx coil & Battery/rx antenna wires with some hot glue. As they look somewhat exposed.
I'd do all 3 Servo Savers. Having to remove and re-install the RX once is a small price to pay for not having to remove and replace the front Servo (which would also require to remove and re-install the RX) many times.

I think the best way to shield and prevent damage to the Coil is one of the RX Saver mods which help prevent the Canopy from tilting upward so easily.
i812 is online now Find More Posts by i812
Last edited by i812; Aug 12, 2012 at 10:48 PM. Reason: grammar
Old Aug 13, 2012, 04:08 PM
Joined May 2012
112 Posts
Hey guys, does anyone know if c05m fits well with stock mini cp gear and 8t pinion? I've read that servo clearance is tight, but workable.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 11:35 PM
Deviant
Joined Jul 2012
1,167 Posts
Quote:
Hey guys, does anyone know if c05m fits well with stock mini cp gear and 8t pinion? I've read that servo clearance is tight, but workable.
It fits with a clearance of about 0.5mm. Looking into a light you can see the motor is not touching the servo.
sbstnp is online now Find More Posts by sbstnp
Old Aug 14, 2012, 12:14 AM
Joined May 2012
112 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbstnp View Post
It fits with a clearance of about 0.5mm. Looking into a light you can see the motor is not touching the servo.
Cool, thanks. Btw, there is a new c05m out, suppose to be 13500kv. I think I'm gonna give it a try.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 04:54 AM
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
2,760 Posts
What could case very short flight times on a mini cp?

Im getting ~2m idle up/hovering @ 70-50-70 throttle curve with the stock batterys. And 3 minutes with the Turnigy 300 mAh ones.

Problem kindof found, i now have 5 minutes idle up on the turnigy's. i was only daining the batterys to 3.95v before according to my voltmeter, so i compensated for the sensor measurments and I'm now draining them to 3.75.

Still not near the 6-7 minutes sports flights thats been reported in this thread.
Xermalk is offline Find More Posts by Xermalk
Last edited by Xermalk; Aug 14, 2012 at 05:15 AM.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 04:13 PM
Joined May 2012
112 Posts
Quote:
What could case very short flight times on a mini cp?

Im getting ~2m idle up/hovering @ 70-50-70 throttle curve with the stock batterys. And 3 minutes with the Turnigy 300 mAh ones.

Problem kindof found, i now have 5 minutes idle up on the turnigy's. i was only daining the batterys to 3.95v before according to my voltmeter, so i compensated for the sensor measurments and I'm now draining them to 3.75.

Still not near the 6-7 minutes sports flights thats been reported in this thread.
Usually when i get lack of power and landing at high battery voltage, the pinion tension is not right. Unscrew the inward motor mount screw a little and pry the motor away just a smidge to get a better mesh. There should be some play between gear and the pinion and the head should rotate free. I think i got my telemetry at something like 3.74 to get 3.81 after around 4 minutes of sport flying on 300mah nanos. And that is with 75 midstick to 100 at H throttle curve. Pitch in normal is 0-20-60; BTW, 50 at mid stick is too low, the more you bog the motor, the more amp it draws. Spin it up a notch.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 04:59 PM
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
2,760 Posts
Quote:
Usually when i get lack of power and landing at high battery voltage, the pinion tension is not right. Unscrew the inward motor mount screw a little and pry the motor away just a smidge to get a better mesh. There should be some play between gear and the pinion and the head should rotate free. I think i got my telemetry at something like 3.74 to get 3.81 after around 4 minutes of sport flying on 300mah nanos. And that is with 75 midstick to 100 at H throttle curve. Pitch in normal is 0-20-60; BTW, 50 at mid stick is too low, the more you bog the motor, the more amp it draws. Spin it up a notch.
What exactly is "head should rotate free" , i unscrewed the screws slightly and tried to move the motor as far back as it would allow, but my geat still "snaps" every time i move it one step. not like my v911 where theres almost no resistance at all in the mainshaft/maingear
Old Aug 14, 2012, 05:17 PM
Heli collector
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,522 Posts
Quote:
What exactly is "head should rotate free" , i unscrewed the screws slightly and tried to move the motor as far back as it would allow, but my geat still "snaps" every time i move it one step. not like my v911 where theres almost no resistance at all in the mainshaft/maingear
You aren't just feeling the difference between a coreless motor's feel and a cored motor's feel are you?
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
Old Aug 14, 2012, 05:42 PM
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
2,760 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by livonia bob View Post
You aren't just feeling the difference between a coreless motor's feel and a cored motor's feel are you?
i actually have no idea what the differences are , so maybe?
Old Aug 14, 2012, 05:48 PM
Joined May 2012
112 Posts
Quote:
Sorry, i mean after the spool up or if you quickly turn the rotor by hand, it should not stop immediately. With hand spool, mine does a couple revs before it stops. I guess it also depends how worn is your motor, but since i have only one i cant really tell how the new one should feel. Mine snaps every time i move it one tooth (i actually feel the resistance of the motor), but when you spin it up it should rotate little before it stops. Just make sure that you see some slop between the pinion and main when you hold the pinion and rotate the main back and forth. Also when you tighten the screws, the motor usually tilts a little, so it is better to tighten the outer screw first and then set the mesh. Give it a go with slightly loose gear and you should notice the power difference right away, and then try tightening the mesh until it feels somewhat right.

BTW, I've just reread your original post, and it seems your setup was running just fine, but you telemetry was off. I only managed to get 6 min on brand new once for the sake of experiment and i was running them till the heli could not hover at all. 5 minutes is fine, i usually fly mine for 4 and get 3.8 resting voltage.
Last edited by Skovoroda; Aug 14, 2012 at 05:59 PM.