HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Today, 01:37 PM
Not as Good as The Kid
South Pasadena, FL
Joined Sep 2009
6,584 Posts
Same gang at our field... gaggle, pride, whatever...
Aeroplayin is online now Find More Posts by Aeroplayin
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Aeroplayin; Today at 01:51 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Today, 02:40 PM
Irg
ol' yellow eyes is back
Brooklyn, NY
Joined Apr 2009
7,652 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom K. View Post
I know this isn't exactly an Extreme Flight plane, but I figure I'll post some pics of where I've been lately...

Basically, by March I'll be a CFII.

--Tom K.
looks like fun, Tom!!!
Irg is offline Find More Posts by Irg
Old Today, 03:30 PM
Team Extreme Flight, JR, BandE
Georgetown, IN
Joined Dec 2003
1,935 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RKevinEstes View Post
A gang of Extreme Flight planes was spotted taunting a lowly Carbon Z Cub at the Tullahoma, TN fly-in this past weekend.
Wasn't the Tullahoma flyin back in August??? Must have been another, I went last year.
Jeff
jwilliamsrc is offline Find More Posts by jwilliamsrc
Old Today, 03:46 PM
Jus 1 more plane is all I need
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Mar 2013
858 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwilliamsrc View Post
Wasn't the Tullahoma flyin back in August??? Must have been another, I went last year.
Jeff
It was this past weekend, and we had a great time despite the nasty weather on Saturday...and the fact that I tested the structural integrity of my Yak

Here is my first attempt with smoke on Saturday with gray skies.

91 Yak 1st flight with smoke (0 min 23 sec)
NashVegas is online now Find More Posts by NashVegas
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Extreme Flight 91" Yak
Old Today, 04:16 PM
Facts, Logic, 3D
Florida
Joined Nov 2010
3,584 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Austin View Post
Been working your harriers in that Piper, Tom?
Actually yes! One of the maneuvers required for my private license is slow flight. Put in full flaps, slow to under 51 knots indicated, and keep the nose pitched up at ~15 degrees with the stall horn blaring the whole time.

-Tom K.
Tom K. is offline Find More Posts by Tom K.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 12S on the 3DHS 74" Edge 540
Old Today, 06:01 PM
Team Extreme Flight, JR, BandE
Georgetown, IN
Joined Dec 2003
1,935 Posts
That is not the same Tullahoma I went to last year. I went to Coffee airfoilers I think it was and their runway was more like a sidewalk.
Jeff
jwilliamsrc is offline Find More Posts by jwilliamsrc
Old Today, 08:26 PM
Huckin around the Shire
USA, NH, Manchester
Joined Jun 2010
946 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom K. View Post
Actually yes! One of the maneuvers required for my private license is slow flight. Put in full flaps, slow to under 51 knots indicated, and keep the nose pitched up at ~15 degrees with the stall horn blaring the whole time.

-Tom K.
I am not sure the mush before a stall is the same aerodynamically as a harrier as that is supposed to a "post stall" maneuver. One of the funnest things I did in flight training was spin training that you do when you get your CFI. I also enjoyed setting up unusual attitudes and getting the students all lost trying to trust their inner ear.

I keep wanting to spend the money to do a aerobatics course, but my stomach and body remind me how bad a idea that is. Also I am afraid if I get that bug I will go bankrupt and buy a 100% extra.
Enterprise7 is online now Find More Posts by Enterprise7