SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by MikeMayberry, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 09:10 PM
dumbthumb
World's Ass - Chile
Joined Dec 2004
355 Posts
Anyone has a Helimax 1SQ setup?
aleXtino is offline Find More Posts by aleXtino
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 17, 2013, 10:23 PM
Joined Aug 2002
5,811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleXtino View Post
Anyone has a Helimax 1SQ setup?
Zip file not held here but you could watch the video and refer other posts e.g.#4
(and/or ask the video maker for a copy of their Zip file and add it here):
. Hitec Aurora 9 + Anylink bound to a Helimax 1SQ

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
A.T. is offline Find More Posts by A.T.
Old Jun 09, 2013, 12:40 PM
Joined Nov 2004
1,230 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nahum View Post
Qoute: (adopted from Mike B)

in summary
Channel 7=>AUX1=> ESC (but NOT assigned as throttle in the Program!!!)
Channel 8 =>J3 mixed to Aux1 not connected to anything
Channel 9 =>Aux 2 SwE - flight mode - Crow landing

Enjoy

Nahum
Brilliant logic guys. It took me a while to work out the values required in the various mixes, but I'm now in the happy situation that I have throttle and airbrake on the throttle stick using two flight conditions, operated by a single switch. (A)

With switch A in the upper position I have motor, in the lower position I have crow brake and throttle is cancelled out.

What a brilliant, brilliant radio, and thanks for posting this little gem!

P.S. I think that the 'Motor' function in Glider, needs editing to give the options to do something like this.

regards

Julian Beckett
julianb is offline Find More Posts by julianb
Old Jun 27, 2013, 07:27 PM
Joined Mar 2012
87 Posts
aurora 9 dji fail safe setup

not sure if im in the right place but need help from
people who know this radio better then i..
i have a dji nzaz v2 on my multi-rotor and i am trying to get the fail safe to work hitec support could not help me. has anyone done this or know how to do this
using optima 7 and i have the pc link
SCUBASTEVE95 is offline Find More Posts by SCUBASTEVE95
Old Jun 27, 2013, 07:46 PM
Joined Aug 2002
5,811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCUBASTEVE95 View Post
not sure if im in the right place but need help from
people who know this radio better then i..
i have a dji nzaz v2 on my multi-rotor and i am trying to get the fail safe to work hitec support could not help me.
has anyone done this or know how to do this
using optima 7 and i have the pc link
Best reference is the DJI NAZA section below:
. Aurora 9 - Quadcopter, TriCopter & MultiCopters Set Up
for example:

. "DJI Naza Homepage & Support center.
. DJI NAZA Asisstant & TX Calibration Video based on F550
. Aurora 9 - DJI WKM - Failsafe Setup
. Aurora 9 - Dji wkm Throttle Problems - ESC's must be calibrated to transmitter.
Plug each ESC individually into a receiver and use the range of the throttle to tune the ESC to the A9's signal.
- see also the answer to OP, first item at top this page

. Aurora 9 - NAZA user thread
. Aurora 9 - NAZA
"I fly my NAZA with the A9. Programing for the radio was minimal consisting of
a switch selection for the manual/ATI/Failsafe modes.""

ex Hitec USA Support Forum Sticky:
Aurora 9, AFHSS 2.4Ghz Module, Transceivers_Receivers & Telemetry,
- FAQ, Setups & Tips {Individual Links often updated}

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
A.T. is offline Find More Posts by A.T.
Old Jun 27, 2013, 07:50 PM
Joined Mar 2012
87 Posts
great..just what i needed gunna give it a try...thx alan
Old Jun 27, 2013, 08:03 PM
Joined Mar 2012
87 Posts
thread is over 481 days since last post so i'll see what happens thanx again
Old Aug 19, 2013, 07:48 AM
Joined Dec 2010
456 Posts
What is not discussed is how to download these files to your radio and is long long overdue here so away we go:

1. Download the .set files from here or the web (they will be in zip format) unpack it to desktop or folder of your choice.

2. Put the radio trainer jack into the trainer port on radio and the other end into port 1 on hpp-22. Connect the USB cord to the HPP-22 and the other end to the USB slot on your PC. (THIS HAS TO BE USB DATA CABLE, SOME ARE ONLY USB CHARGE)

3. Click on the hpp-22 software on your PC, your hpp-22 will glow steady blue. Tick Transmitter choose your TX, In this case a9. It will bring you to a screen that says HPP-22 mode, and a bar which indicates transmitter not connected.

4. On your tx bring up a new model name you wish to use (overwrite) for the .set file such as "funcub" select it and turn off transmitter. If yuo don;t want to overwrite YOUR selected model you can always create a new model example "noname" to be overwritten. and then just copy the data(in tx model menu) from "noname" If you want to overwrite your model.

5. Now turn on transmitter and it will bring a data save data load screen - which also tells you which model and type your radio has it on which is very nice.

6. click data load - red bar
(as you want to put one of these .set files you downloaded which is on your pc to your aurora 9)To share a file with forums or friends just click data save. That will bring you to an "open" screen where you can navigate to and select your set file you downloaded off the web and transfer it your radio. It will then ask are you sure you want to change model-# data? Click yes. WARNING This will overwrite the model you had on the tx with the one you downloaded!!

DONE. PULL THE PLUG ON RX THROTTLE JUST TO BE SAFE, AND WHILE SETTING IT UP TO YOUR PLANE, UNTIL YOU PUT IN WHERE YOU WOULD LIKE IT DEFAULT J3.
Thermal Hobby is offline Find More Posts by Thermal Hobby
Last edited by Thermal Hobby; Aug 19, 2013 at 08:26 AM.