Old Apr 01, 2015, 09:42 PM
Find More Posts by JohnC2222
Beginner RC Pilot
United States, WV, Beckley
Joined Feb 2015
43 Posts
Help!
First plane decisions.

Hey guys, I have a decision but I would like an opinion from someone a bit more experienced. So I have the option to buy an eflite umx spacewalker, or the HobbyZone Sport cub s. I have absolutely no flying experience and I wanted an opinion from people who know what they are doing. Which should I buy? BTW price is not an issue, I do realize that the spacewalker is cheaper.

Thanks
JohnC2222 is offline Find More Posts by JohnC2222
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 01, 2015, 10:15 PM
Find More Posts by SilverSport
25th year Newbie
United States, LA, New Orleans
Joined Dec 2014
332 Posts
Spacewalker is a low wing and the Sport Cub S is a high wing. No experience, go for the high wing, it flys slower and you will have better luck learning how to fly, so that you may be able to fly a faster low wing plane in the future. If you get the Spacewalker you will be out of the hobby pretty fast.
SilverSport is offline Find More Posts by SilverSport
Old Apr 01, 2015, 10:24 PM
Find More Posts by ms3164
United States, NY, Canisteo
Joined Feb 2013
1,954 Posts
Hey John,

I have never flown the Skywalker, but do have the Sport Cub S. It's a pretty cool little plane in my opinion.

Keep in mind they are both small light planes and should be flown in near zero wind conditions. Probably not what you wanted to hear, but for a beginner that is very important. The wind is a beginner's worst enemy.

Early morning and late afternoon are usually the best low wind times to fly. I'm no expert, but not a rank beginner either. This is my only video of my Sport Cub S. Keep in mind, this is to much wind for this little plane, especially for a beginner.

Sport Cub S Maiden (5 min 36 sec)
ms3164 is offline Find More Posts by ms3164
Old Apr 01, 2015, 10:40 PM
Find More Posts by weedsnager
United States, IN, St John
Joined Mar 2011
160 Posts
Sport cub S. Great first plane
weedsnager is offline Find More Posts by weedsnager
Old Apr 01, 2015, 10:43 PM
Find More Posts by papadwight
United States, TN, Murfreesboro
Joined Apr 2013
1,149 Posts
I have both planes the Spacewalker is a small slow flying plane very easy it is one of the low wings plane that fly's as good as a high wing trainer. The sport cubs is a great little plane with safe and a save me button. The sport cub with safe well handle a little more wind than the spacewalker. The sport cubs s may be the best little trainer on the market. Both are great back yard planes and a lot of fun.
papadwight is offline Find More Posts by papadwight
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Flying Weather
Old Apr 02, 2015, 07:09 AM
Find More Posts by JohnC2222
Beginner RC Pilot
United States, WV, Beckley
Joined Feb 2015
43 Posts
Thanks guys!
JohnC2222 is offline Find More Posts by JohnC2222
Old Apr 02, 2015, 12:31 PM
Find More Posts by amitysanimal
The RC Repairman
United States, ME, Bangor
Joined Jan 2004
377 Posts
Sport Cub S, flies great and can add floats to fly off water or snow. i love mine.
amitysanimal is offline Find More Posts by amitysanimal
Old Apr 02, 2015, 01:24 PM
Find More Posts by jobinseattle
Getting a Little Better
Joined Nov 2014
355 Posts
I used to have the Sport Cub S and I would say get the Sport Cub S. Pretty nice little plane.
jobinseattle is online now Find More Posts by jobinseattle
Old Apr 02, 2015, 06:15 PM
Find More Posts by jmb9313
Japan, Yamaguchi-ken, Iwakuni-shi
Joined Apr 2015
4 Posts
I have the Sport Cub S, and I'm pretty new to the hobby myself. I definitely love the "save me" button. and for the amount of damage I've put into that little plane, it still flies as good as the day I got it, I've just gotten better at doing it.
jmb9313 is offline Find More Posts by jmb9313