SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 26, 2015, 09:53 AM
Find More Posts by Rfriedman
United States, CO, Boulder
Joined Jul 2012
352 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pisces View Post
I build another KK vario last night. I tested the Alen Komic code on the bench with a servo tester connected to Pin D3. You are correct this code does not work correctly. The LED turns ON and OFF correctly but the vario audio does not turn OFF (mute ) as it gives out a constant 500Hz tone.

My earlier build used the Alen Komic PPM control on D3 but I had set the vario for rising tone only. I tested again the Alen Komic code with the vario set of rising tone only and it works.

Maybe you can try this. Find the line and // it out and add the second line. This is the KK code for rising tone only.

//if (toneFreq < 0 || ddsAcc > 0) // comment out original code rising and sinking tone
if (toneFreq > 0 && ddsAcc > 0) // KK code for rising tone only
So you are saying for rc controlled code, the vario ALSO needs to having the rising only code?
Rfriedman is online now Find More Posts by Rfriedman
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 26, 2015, 04:04 PM
Find More Posts by Pisces
The Dreamer
Sydney, Australia
Joined Dec 2010
1,016 Posts
Correct. The Alen Komic code only seems to work when the vario is set for rising code only. As Stratocus has also found with the RC control for Vario OFF there is a constant audio tone.

I used a HK RC 3 way video switch to control the audio into the Vtx, OFF- MIC - VARIO.

You can also use a RC switch to power ON-OFF the vario.

Or simply turn off the volume on the ground station.

This video is the Volantex glider ASW28 2.6m from HK. The KK DIY vario audio is connected to a 3 way video switch. The video switch also works just fine with audio. The switch to vario is around the 1 minute mark in this video into a thermal.

ASW28 Mic audio and vario selection using a video switch (2 min 4 sec)
Pisces is online now Find More Posts by Pisces
Last edited by Pisces; Jun 26, 2015 at 04:09 PM.
Old Today, 02:44 AM
Find More Posts by Rfriedman
United States, CO, Boulder
Joined Jul 2012
352 Posts
This vario is fantastic!
Caught a thermal from 600 feet to 2000 feet, and finding others was not too difficult either.
Soaring is so fun!
Rfriedman is online now Find More Posts by Rfriedman