New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 14, 2015, 02:49 PM
Find More Posts by rogerc
Gilroy, Ca
Joined May 2003
105 Posts
Maiden went perfect! Really liked how it flew needed very little trim to get it perfect.
Was perfect right from launch.
Tried to rush a maiden with a Mini PopWing when it was just a little windy.
Had to keep speed up to cut through wind. Before I knew it she was just getting out of my Line Of Site range and lost orientation for a minute and down she went.
No real damage but took a while to find it thought I had lost it.
rogerc is offline Find More Posts by rogerc
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 27, 2015, 10:54 AM
Find More Posts by slow and low
Larry........... parkflyer
United States, IL, Eureka
Joined Dec 2014
124 Posts
I'm losing my hair

trying to get my RX3 V2 to turn off via TX. I have gone through these pages and have tried Gyro normal and reverse, I have increased the flaps, Aux 2 and gear to 150% travel. I have tried using channels 5 and 6 on my older model DX7 and a generic DSM2 receiver.

I have expo and mixing off and running out of ideas to try. The stabilizer works OK, just can't turn it off in flight.

I'm probably missing something simple just can't figure it out.

Help please.
slow and low is offline Find More Posts by slow and low
Old Jun 27, 2015, 12:05 PM
Find More Posts by JohnRB
United States, NC, Raleigh
Joined Oct 2011
1,014 Posts
There is a limited range of pulse widths that will turn off the stabilizer.

Set you throttle travel to +/- 125 and connect the throttle channel from the RX to the AUX input on the V2. Make sure that the switch on the V2 is set to AUX CTRL.

Power on your TX and then the RX. Wiggle the V2 or the entire model so you can see when the stabilizer is making corrections. Slowly move the throttle stick and you should find a range were the corrections stop. If you have a monitor to display the channel pulse width in percentage or value in microseconds, record the value. Keep advancing the the throttle until the stabilizer starts correcting again and record that value. (If the corrections never start again, you might need to increase the travel above 125).

The channel you use for the AUX input must output a pulse within the range of the values you recorded.

If you can't turn off the corrections with the above, you could have a defective switch or a poor solder joint for that switch position on the V2 board.

John

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow and low View Post
trying to get my RX3 V2 to turn off via TX. I have gone through these pages and have tried Gyro normal and reverse, I have increased the flaps, Aux 2 and gear to 150% travel. I have tried using channels 5 and 6 on my older model DX7 and a generic DSM2 receiver.

I have expo and mixing off and running out of ideas to try. The stabilizer works OK, just can't turn it off in flight.

I'm probably missing something simple just can't figure it out.

Help please.
JohnRB is offline Find More Posts by JohnRB
Old Jun 27, 2015, 08:21 PM
Joined Dec 2014
124 Posts
Thanks John, I will give that a try.

EDIT

Worked like a dream. I didn't have to hook up the throttle though, I just did a live travel adjust on the GEAR channel until the gyro shut off. No pulse width shown but the screen shows +58 (OFF) and anything less than +50 or more than +138 is on.

So I have -150 as ON and +58 as OFF.
Last edited by slow and low; Jun 27, 2015 at 08:54 PM.
Old Jun 28, 2015, 02:13 PM
Find More Posts by phil alvirez
Windsor, Canada, near Detroit
Joined Jul 2007
5,740 Posts
latest version

seems that the stabilizer has changed from the time it was 1st advertized, and the videos show exactly that, although now it looks quite different-and has more features.
i don't know when this forum began to show the latest version, as it has so many pages.
what i would like to ask you guys is where this happened: from which post you are discussing the new version.
and if there are detailed instructions and videos like the 1s of the earlier version.
thanks
phil alvirez is offline Find More Posts by phil alvirez
Last edited by phil alvirez; Jun 28, 2015 at 02:38 PM.
Old Jun 28, 2015, 03:06 PM
Joined Dec 2014
124 Posts
V.2, V.2.1 and V.3 instructions can be found on HobbyKing product listings. Some videos can be found on YouTube but they just don't tell you everything you need to know in all cases..... as I found out.

The guys on this forum have a wealth of information when you get into a pinch.
Old Jun 28, 2015, 06:00 PM
Find More Posts by phil alvirez
Windsor, Canada, near Detroit
Joined Jul 2007
5,740 Posts
versions

from what i see at the ads, v2.1 seems the most recent version of the stabilizer, and v3 is the stabilizer with receiver.
phil alvirez is offline Find More Posts by phil alvirez
Old Jun 28, 2015, 07:32 PM
Find More Posts by Sculptor
AKA, Cheap Chiseler
United States, FL, North Fort Myers
Joined Mar 2012
1,237 Posts
I'm hoping y'all can help me with this, I have the version 3 combination receiver stabilizer. My radio is a DX8. I am trying and failing to assign auxiliary on my receiver stabilizer to the knob on the DX eight. I want to do that to turn the Mr. RC sound version 4.1 on and off. This makes it easy to synchronize the sound the startup with the start of the prop turning by flipping on the throttle safety switch at just the right moment. With my spectrum receivers and other planes making this assignment is easy. But how do I do it with this receiver stabilizer?

DJ... Kamikaze ace... Wears no helmet!
Sculptor is offline Find More Posts by Sculptor
Old Jun 29, 2015, 09:04 AM
Find More Posts by mtfly
United States, MI, Grand Rapids
Joined Feb 2013
460 Posts
Love it!

Love it! Put a V3 orange stabilizer in my Eflite Hawker Hurricane. This is a flap and retract plane. I have the black DX6. With only 6 channels I knew going in that I would not have the ability to turn the gyro on and off - but it was a better option than the lemon where you need at least 7 channels for flaps/retracts. Absolutely no problems at all with set up. My ailerons are on a Y harness and just plugged it into the first aileron slot. I turned the gains up pretty high to better see and test the gyro correction. Lucky me, once bound, nothing needed to be reversed. Adjusted gains back down using my AS3X equipt Eflite P-51 Mustang as a guide on how much correction was needed for a plane of similar size. Held my breath on take off (because you really never know how a stabilizer will react until you put the plane in the air - especially without the ability to keep the gyro off until gaining good altitude - which is my usual practice) and to my amazement everything was dialed in and they gyro performed flawlessly. I am so happy with this purchase. It's given new life to a plane that was quite the handful, especially on landing. I have two more V3's on hand, just deciding which planes to try next
mtfly is offline Find More Posts by mtfly