HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 16, 2014, 08:43 AM
Seattle, WA - USA
Joined Sep 2003
3,026 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skellator View Post
Mark,

can you post your pid setting? I will try to play around with the pid later when I get back from work
PM'd
mark_q is offline Find More Posts by mark_q
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: PopWing 1300 FPV Wing
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 16, 2014, 10:26 AM
Athens, Greece
Joined Sep 2001
1,052 Posts
Hi guys. I've been away of the Martinez software for awhile. Does it have the follow frame as the alexmos firmware?
tigar is offline Find More Posts by tigar
Old Jan 16, 2014, 10:47 AM
Seattle, WA - USA
Joined Sep 2003
3,026 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigar View Post
Hi guys. I've been away of the Martinez software for awhile. Does it have the follow frame as the alexmos firmware?
It does, yes
I have not tried it however.

Mark
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 05, 2014, 11:24 AM
Joined Jun 2006
37 Posts
Hi! Same problem as ikotikot

guys, I need help. I'm not able to load the fw thru arduino and i'm getting the error message below. I've chosen several combinations of board, port & programmer but no success!

avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00

thanks in advance.
monkeyking is offline Find More Posts by monkeyking
Old Feb 05, 2014, 12:17 PM
Seattle, WA - USA
Joined Sep 2003
3,026 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyking View Post
Hi! Same problem as ikotikot

guys, I need help. I'm not able to load the fw thru arduino and i'm getting the error message below. I've chosen several combinations of board, port & programmer but no success!

avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00

thanks in advance.
Hi monkeyking,

This error means you either don't have the correct driver or there is some other communication problem. Before you can decide whether you have the correct driver, you need to know which board you have as there are two possibilities, Silabs CP2102 and FTDI. Here is my write up that covers board ID and the Driver piece as well as some other set-up info:

Martinez BruGi Set-up

Cheers,
Mark
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 05, 2014, 03:42 PM
Joined Jun 2006
37 Posts
LiPo: 3S
PID ROLL 15 8 50 PWM 33
PID PITCH 15 6 20 PWM 25

for 2S I have to set both PWM aprox +15
monkeyking is offline Find More Posts by monkeyking
Last edited by monkeyking; Feb 05, 2014 at 07:38 PM. Reason: Solved
Old Feb 13, 2014, 03:54 AM
Joined Jan 2014
8 Posts
Hi all,

in the board (martinez v3), I see a set of unused pins
( VCC/TXD/RXD/RST/SCK/MOSI/GND/Multi/5V). What are they for?
matfor is offline Find More Posts by matfor
Old Feb 24, 2014, 06:18 PM
Joined Jul 2009
38 Posts
Anyone that use that gimbal with alexmos can tell me the PID values that are using?
metRo_ is offline Find More Posts by metRo_
Old Mar 16, 2014, 10:02 AM
United States, ID, Boise
Joined Oct 2013
56 Posts
Hello, I was wondering if I could get some help with my gimbal. I'm currently running the Martinez (BruGi_050_r207) board on 3S power (full 12.5v). My PIDs are as follows:

(Direction P, I, D, PWM)
Pitch 12, 112, 32, 34
Roll 40, 270, 90, 80

Everything seems to be working fine, however if I were to tip the gimbal as if I were pitching to fly backwards the gimbal will only let me pitch so far before it spasms and slowly returns to level position. Is there something I need to set? It only happens when I pitch backwards. Pitching forwards works as intended.

Thanks for the advice!
Triflight is online now Find More Posts by Triflight
Old Mar 16, 2014, 10:49 AM
Seattle, WA - USA
Joined Sep 2003
3,026 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triflight View Post
Hello, I was wondering if I could get some help with my gimbal. I'm currently running the Martinez (BruGi_050_r207) board on 3S power (full 12.5v). My PIDs are as follows:

(Direction P, I, D, PWM)
Pitch 12, 112, 32, 34
Roll 40, 270, 90, 80

Everything seems to be working fine, however if I were to tip the gimbal as if I were pitching to fly backwards the gimbal will only let me pitch so far before it spasms and slowly returns to level position. Is there something I need to set? It only happens when I pitch backwards. Pitching forwards works as intended.

Thanks for the advice!
Generally this will happen if there is any resistance in the gimbal mechanicals or a wire (IMU or Motor) is putting tension on the camera frame.
Make sure it is balanced so no matter the position of the camera, it stays there when un-powered (motor cogging aside).

Make sure that none of the wires put any tension on the camera frame through any motion it might see in flight.

Make sure the IMU wires are not routed with or next to the gimbal motor wires as this can cause interference.
Are you performing this test only hand held or actually flying? With regards to motion in flight, a very aggressive multi with a gimbal will generally not see more than 30 degrees roll, 30 degrees forward pitch and 15 degrees rear pitch.

One other thing that can cause this is a bad IMU sensor or bad IMU connection. THis will show up as I2C errors in the GUI. In this case either fix the connection or replace the sensor.

Cheers
Mark
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 16, 2014, 05:01 PM
United States, ID, Boise
Joined Oct 2013
56 Posts
It seems to only happen around the 45 degrees rear pitch. I realize I won't be flying that hard, but it just concerned me. The gimbal is perfectly balanced, and I don't feel any sort of binding except maybe some "cog-wheel" from the motors.

I'll just deal with it seeing as it shouldn't effect me.

Also it looks like there are 4 groups of pins for RX input. I see them labeled AC, A1, A2, "blank". I figure the A1/A2 are my Auxiliary switches, but what is the AC and the unlabeled inputs for?

Thanks again!
Triflight is online now Find More Posts by Triflight
Old Apr 05, 2014, 08:43 PM
United States, LA, Shreveport
Joined Jul 2013
102 Posts
Ive been fighting with my gimbal for a while now with sloppy pitch and roll. I finally gave up and looked through some old files and found brugi 049 r77 that i used to run, and its heaps better and easier to tune than any of the newer versions out now (050 r207 ). I have the original rctimer board and my videos are back to smooth because of the older brugi version. Either im terrible at tuning or this basic board is just better on earlier versions.
AIRFED is offline Find More Posts by AIRFED
Old Apr 08, 2014, 10:38 AM
Norway, Sogn og Fjordane, Askvoll
Joined Aug 2012
60 Posts
Is it normal that the blue led on the original rctimer board is blinking (~2 times a second) after calibrating with V50 r202?
Bigmic is offline Find More Posts by Bigmic
Old Apr 08, 2014, 11:27 AM
Seattle, WA - USA
Joined Sep 2003
3,026 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmic View Post
Is it normal that the blue led on the original rctimer board is blinking (~2 times a second) after calibrating with V50 r202?
V50_r202 is not a stable release and should not be used. If you are getting this from the Google code site, please check the "Project Page" for a link to the Sourceforge site where the developers have moved. The current last two stable releases are:

v049_r161
v050_r207

Cheers,
Mark
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 08, 2014, 11:32 AM
Norway, Sogn og Fjordane, Askvoll
Joined Aug 2012
60 Posts
Thank you Mark!