HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 15, 2013, 06:46 AM
I like real wooden aeroplanes!
South-west France
Joined Sep 2007
4,775 Posts
Discussion
2013 "Britplan build off" - final results and wrap up

Well the poll has just closed and what a nail biting finish it was! Thanks to the 69 people who voted, even if some of you didn't use all your three votes (in fact there were 159 votes recorded when there should have been 207, I think people were fooled by the fact that the system demands that you mark all three choices BEFORE voting, if you mark one then vote, you cannot go back to vote for the other two as you are marked as having already voted. My fault for not pointing it out) So, the first five were:

Colibriguitars - Mam'selle - 20 votes
Colonel Blink - Dart Kitten - 19 votes
cd.webb - Skyline Kitten - 15 votes
HarryD - Dunne Tailless - 13 votes
RFJ - Manx Monarch - 13 votes

Five super models, well deserving of an accolade from all of us, but special congratulations to young Mexican Master Modeller Rodrigo, aka Colibriguitars, the speed and quality of his building is startling.

So, to wrap up, what a great selection of models this build off produced. I'm sure, like me, lots of people have derived great enjoyment from following the build logs. I've enjoyed administering it, and it is good to see that "proper" model building is still alive and well and being practiced in all corners of the world. I was delighted with the level of support and hope that many of you will find time and incentive to have a go at the now current "Biplane Plus" Build Off.

Finally, here are the "Famous Five" one last time
Sundancer is offline Find More Posts by Sundancer
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Sundancer; Jul 15, 2013 at 08:48 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 15, 2013, 01:05 PM
United Kingdom, England, Lancs
Joined Sep 2006
321 Posts
George, thanks for all your work on this build-off. Although I had to drop out for various reasons I've found it highly entertaining to read back over many of these threads. I started a Contra-Gyro but it languishes in my shed, unfinished and for the time being unloved. The motivation has deserted me! Maybe I'll get the urge again and press on with it. I'd like to think I could have a go at a biplane and perhaps I will (always had a feeling for La Paloma) but I hesitate to enter the new build-off as I doubt whether I'd be able to complete it. I'll be watching though. Sorry to hear of your health problems (obviously no a minor matter) and glad your on the mend. All the best for you and the new "competition"
Raf_Bob is offline Find More Posts by Raf_Bob
Old Jul 15, 2013, 04:16 PM
I like real wooden aeroplanes!
South-west France
Joined Sep 2007
4,775 Posts
Thanks Bob, sorry that your motivation is on a low setting at the moment. My advice would be to try a really simple but attractive model, something you can build fairly quickly and is a guaranteed performer to get the juices flowing. Maybe a Smeed design which would work for the new build off.
Sundancer is offline Find More Posts by Sundancer
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 15, 2013, 04:36 PM
RFJ
Northern Ireland
Joined Dec 2004
1,602 Posts
Wow, joint fourth. I'm well pleased with that given the many great models entered. Thank you to everyone who took the trouble to vote for my Manx Monarch.

Also my thanks once again to George for all his organisational efforts and hope the Biplane-Plus build off goes well.

Finally congratulations of course to Colibiguitars for his well deserved win with that lovely Mam'selle.

Ray
RFJ is online now Find More Posts by RFJ
Old Jul 15, 2013, 05:35 PM
United States, FL, Titusville
Joined Jan 2007
203 Posts
To all the competitors allow me to say: I salute you all !! Each of you showed incredible taste in choice, skill in building and patience in composition. To the host: You deserve a big "Thumbs UP!!"

I had a ball! Now anyone need a couple of Peacemaker airplanes?? L.O.L.!
propaplace is offline Find More Posts by propaplace