HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 08, 2013, 07:11 PM
United States, SD
Joined Aug 2010
1,057 Posts
Trader Rating: 2
My dad works for UPS, they have packages come through everyday that get broken and thrown away. UPS buys you a new product for whatever a new one costs.
Kyler1 is offline Find More Posts by Kyler1
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 08, 2013, 07:19 PM
United States, MI, Portage
Joined Sep 2011
4,094 Posts
Trader Rating: 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by epoxyearl View Post
All right ! So you guys are back to square one,now.....He has a new airplane and you have a check..I don't think it can work out much better...

Well-maybe something for 'pain and suffering'...lol

You've presented this very well-thank you.
Haha he got to keep the damaged plane for whatever spares he can salvage (mostly electronics) and sent me some stuff as trade. We are both more than satisfied
3d astronaut is offline Find More Posts by 3d astronaut
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Fatshark Attitude 1.3ghz
Old Mar 08, 2013, 07:20 PM
United States, MI, Portage
Joined Sep 2011
4,094 Posts
Trader Rating: 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by kylerdinger View Post
My dad works for UPS, they have packages come through everyday that get broken and thrown away. UPS buys you a new product for whatever a new one costs.
Thats really good to know! Most of the time though.. The charges for shipping UPS (for me anyways) are 2-3 times what usps charges. I shipped an hk500 last month and ups wanted $80 and some change.. USPS was $30 with insurance. As of right now, usps is still my go to. They did right by me!
3d astronaut is offline Find More Posts by 3d astronaut
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Fatshark Attitude 1.3ghz
Old Mar 08, 2013, 09:17 PM
United States, OH
Joined Mar 2012
1,018 Posts
Trader Rating: 4
This was how my package looked the other day. I don't usually order planes from Amazon but had 45.00 in bonus bucks so ordered the Night Vapor. Free shipping I just bought it on a whim..fortunately the outer cardboard was only thing damaged. Box with the NV was fine.Don't know if damage came from Fed-Ex or USPS.was one of those smart ship deals. I just took a pic before I opened it up if there was any damage.

P.S. Wind is near dead calm at 10:00 P.M.This is why I bought it, to fly in my drive at night
Ginohio is online now Find More Posts by Ginohio
Old Mar 08, 2013, 11:55 PM
United States, NJ
Joined Feb 2010
384 Posts
Trader Rating: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3d astronaut View Post
Thats really good to know! Most of the time though.. The charges for shipping UPS (for me anyways) are 2-3 times what usps charges. I shipped an hk500 last month and ups wanted $80 and some change.. USPS was $30 with insurance. As of right now, usps is still my go to. They did right by me!
+1 USPS did Express overnight for the same price that UPS wanted for Ground when I shipped a Blade CP.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginohio View Post
This was how my package looked the other day. I don't usually order planes from Amazon but had 45.00 in bonus bucks so ordered the Night Vapor. Free shipping I just bought it on a whim..fortunately the outer cardboard was only thing damaged. Box with the NV was fine.Don't know if damage came from Fed-Ex or USPS.was one of those smart ship deals. I just took a pic before I opened it up if there was any damage.

P.S. Wind is near dead calm at 10:00 P.M.This is why I bought it, to fly in my drive at night
Probably FedEx. My guess is it was Smart Post meaning USPS only had it from the time it arrived at your local USPS sort facility to the time it hit your house.
SYMAWD is offline Find More Posts by SYMAWD
Old Mar 09, 2013, 05:04 AM
Earthbound Skyhound
United States, NC, Richlands
Joined Jun 2011
4,711 Posts
Trader Rating: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginohio View Post
This was how my package looked the other day. ...
Oh, I see (pic) what's wrong. Amazon uses the boxes with a smile on 'em.
You obviously got one of the other'ns.
StarHopper44 is offline Find More Posts by StarHopper44
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 09, 2013, 08:23 AM
United States, SD
Joined Aug 2010
1,057 Posts
Trader Rating: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3d astronaut View Post
So I asked him yesterday, they will honor the insurance if it is packaged properly. You must have at least 2 inches of packing material on all sides of the item being shipped.
Kyler1 is offline Find More Posts by Kyler1