HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 02, 2013, 07:14 PM
Joined Jan 2007
192 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jollyroger View Post
As for Michaels, well, they sell Midwest so you take your chances. Besides you will generally pay less for the wood at these suppliers. I've found that Midwest balsa is always more expensive and since they sell only one type of balsa you have no choice.
My local Michael's started changing over to Revell about a year ago. You can find sheets of the lighter stuff, but you have to hunt through it and hope.
Bargle is offline Find More Posts by Bargle
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 02, 2013, 08:50 PM
20+ years of RC flying
United States, FL
Joined Aug 2012
1,209 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bargle View Post
My local Michael's started changing over to Revell about a year ago. You can find sheets of the lighter stuff, but you have to hunt through it and hope.
Yeah, I just ran into that this week! Was pretty cool finding a variety of woods that will work without having to go a zillion miles or ordering online to find what I need.
BigIron357 is offline Find More Posts by BigIron357
Old Feb 03, 2013, 09:09 AM
Joined Feb 2013
2 Posts
I just found this site and cannot find out how to post on it. Perhaps you can help me.
I am in Asia .. I have just become the owner of several airplane sizes that were made and ready to complete with the decals and what ever you do to them. There are various sizes. Maybe from about 8in long until 24in long. Most are the middle of the plane with the wings and tail attached. They are made of balsa wood. I have several thousand of them. Could you direct me to someone that might want to buy them or any ideas as how to market them. Perhaps there are different uses for the wood. Some are a bit old as they have been hanging around since they were built. I have no knowledge of planes as persay.
Thank you cire3211@yahoo.com
Button123 is offline Find More Posts by Button123