HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Today, 11:12 AM
fly by night
Joined Sep 2011
5,049 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfor View Post
other issue is .. refresh rate and how it will appear on the CCD cam?

I know for movies and TV they have to use special LCD with refresh rate set to match the fps of the camera, else you get weird black lines and such
BCSaltchucker is online now Find More Posts by BCSaltchucker
to remove ads between posts
Old Today, 11:29 AM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quebec, Canada
Joined Sep 2006
12,185 Posts
BC, here is the ultimate scale RC operation, just add FPV:

Jumbo R/C Carrier Launches Model Airplanes (3 min 33 sec)
carguy1994ca is online now Find More Posts by carguy1994ca
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV week end with friends
Old Today, 11:32 AM
fly by night
Joined Sep 2011
5,049 Posts
LOL that is great. Imagine trying to catch an arrestor wire flying a model F18 onto a wee carrier.

thing I like about scale FPV - only have to fuss with the cockpit. I couldn't care less about how the rest of the plane looks out of sight from the CCD cam. Though my F22 cockpit on the nose of a Teksumo was a total failure - LOL.

Wilfor, I ordered one of those wee photo viewers see if it can work with CCD cam. Maybe mount it on the right side of the Cessna panel with moving map animation. Thanks for the tip!
Old Today, 12:50 PM
fly by night
Joined Sep 2011
5,049 Posts
well got my first DHL delivered order from HK. took 4 days, but $28 ship + $19 border fees for a $130 order. ouch

going to try using 360 degree sailwinch servo for the in cockpit cam in the Cessna. But 45g was the lightest they had, so it gets heavier yet
Old Today, 01:14 PM
Canada, AB, Lac La Biche
Joined Aug 2010
1,958 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
lol. physics degree and a nice smile will get you a waitressing job. Had an ex doing nuclear research. That was her favourite saying.
Oldest boy just got his physics degree - masters is next on his list. He's under no illusions of it garnering copious high paying job offers though - got it because he likes it & wanted to - all on his own dime too (like all my kids).

If he chooses geophysics as a discipline for his masters though, probably some good opportunities there..

Right now he's on forest fire standby in Ft Mac as a dozer operator..
Glenstr is online now Find More Posts by Glenstr
Old Today, 01:31 PM
fly by night
Joined Sep 2011
5,049 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskyDude View Post
BC can you get a close up or maybe ya know about the plug-ins for the wing servos...wondering if one could modify something like that for a power glider I have. It sure would beat stuff'n wires in the fuselage at the Fly'n field.
sure here is a pic. some of the connections are for the scale strobes and landing light

and the assembled dash pic

but now that DHL has come and gone, I can get back to the workshop and finish up the Katana repairs with the new parts
Old Today, 02:11 PM
Winnipeg
Joined Feb 2002
5,455 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mashednz View Post
TBS just announced a new 2.4 vtx that is a direct replacement for the 500mw lawmate with additional frequencies and a much better case design that is still small. Similar $50 pricepoint.

http://fpvlab.com/forums/showthread....eo-Transmitter

Looks like it could be a winner.
That is because Immersion just announced theirs I think.
Shadrack is offline Find More Posts by Shadrack
Old Today, 02:56 PM
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Feb 2012
285 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadrack View Post
That is because Immersion just announced theirs I think.
Quite possibly. They have been dropping hints for a while though that they were doing something of their own. The formfactor of the TBS one is a lot smaller than the Immersion which is nice.

Either way its good to have more options in the 2.4 band than lawmates.
mashednz is offline Find More Posts by mashednz
Old Today, 05:08 PM
RC Adddict
150 mile house B.C. Canada
Joined Jan 2010
4,077 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy1994ca View Post
That is a sweet idea man, didn't know such keyfobs were available. Nice craftmanship on your typhoon too.
I wish that was mine ace does fantastic work. He does a nice write up on how to make the display and it looks great.
Wilfor is online now Find More Posts by Wilfor
Old Today, 05:40 PM
fly by night
Joined Sep 2011
5,049 Posts
just remembered I have TBS Mini sound unit for scale planes. I think I also have the Cessna Lycoming sound files. So I am going to try running the engine sounds into the FPV audio channel (linked the throttle) in this Cessna.