HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 12, 2012, 05:21 PM
Wherever you go there you are
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Nov 2011
8,351 Posts
I am saying that if the retracts go into an over current condition and bring down your RX, you won't be happy.

On an airfield P-47 with flaps and retracts, I lost it when deploying flaps and retracts at high speed. Rx voltage browned out and lost control. Crashed right in front of me. I had the video up before.

If you have an external BEC and your ESC has an internal BEC, use the ESC's BEC to power the retracts...it's there, it requires very little extra work. Take the ESC power wire and connect it, external to the Rx, to the retract power. Let the ground and signal from the ESC and retracts go to the Rx like normal.
7oneWo1f is offline Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 12, 2012, 08:14 PM
Australia, WA, Kalgoorlie
Joined Apr 2011
1,402 Posts
If you have sorted out all the issues mentioned above re. binding, current supply/demand issues and have tried different wire leads, try waiting about 30 seconds after power up before cycling the retracts. The ones on my Dynam Trojan take about that time to initialise, i.e. trying to find out in which position they are, before working in unison.
wizard of odd is offline Find More Posts by wizard of odd
Old Oct 15, 2012, 07:48 PM
Joined Nov 2003
17 Posts
retracts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizard of odd View Post
If you have sorted out all the issues mentioned above re. binding, current supply/demand issues and have tried different wire leads, try waiting about 30 seconds after power up before cycling the retracts. The ones on my Dynam Trojan take about that time to initialise, i.e. trying to find out in which position they are, before working in unison.
it is something that only affects the left servo, which i think eliminates every thing except the servo.i had one that the jack screw (inside servo)hasn't moved the retract far enough so that the electronics knows that it at end of travel and not jammed up. i saw you push up on the door and the servo worked. last thing....swap servo wires back at the Y,just in case bad wire..........larry
laryboy is offline Find More Posts by laryboy
Old Oct 16, 2012, 07:30 AM
Canadian Bacon
Kingston, Canada
Joined Jun 2004
12,564 Posts
Looks like the gear is not retracting all the way, as the door is not closing completely. I'd take the door off so you can see what's going on inside, as is the wheel dragging on one side of the wheel well??. With enough friction, it wouldn't want to go in all the way, but maybe enough drag not to want to come out. The door off will tell you what's going on. For another check,you might also try a different servo extension from the Y connector to that retract, just to make sure the extension is OK. Had weird thing happen like that with ail. servo extensions with too much resistance in the connectors.

Gord.
flypaper 2 is offline Find More Posts by flypaper 2