Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Sep 21, 2012, 07:09 PM
United States, SC, Ridge Spring
Joined May 2012
110 Posts
Got my quad flying today with the AIOP. It wasn't great, but not too bad either--got some wobble, but I haven't adjusted the gains yet. I could really use some help in figuring out how to setup different flight modes. I have a dx6i, which I know isn't the best in number of channels, but I would like to be able to make use of some of the functions of the GPS, which appears to be working, as best as I can tell by the solid green light on the board. All help on setting my switches to control flight modes will be greatly appreciated.
Boykintom is offline Find More Posts by Boykintom
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 21, 2012, 09:31 PM
KD4KW
United States, FL, Tallahassee
Joined Jul 2009
64 Posts
just a quick update since so many here helped me. Gps worked first thing. BT worked as soon I got it hooked up. Tuned gyro mode pretty well today. I will work on stable mode tomorrow. Once those look good I"ll try Alt hold etc etc. running latest MPNG and latest MP.
Thanks guys.
Kd4Kw is offline Find More Posts by Kd4Kw
Old Sep 22, 2012, 04:57 AM
Joined May 2012
22 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinBuckley70 View Post
Thanks. That's how I have wired it. I know the orientation is correct because when I plug in the USB, the board powers up. So +5 & Gnd are in the right places. And you can see from the photograph the D+ & D- pads which are tracked to the controller chip.

But for some reason, the PC can't see it.
This might help you.
iulian is offline Find More Posts by iulian
Old Sep 22, 2012, 05:10 AM
Ungifted Prodigy
Australia, QLD
Joined Jul 2012
288 Posts
Hi there anyone tried to use the 5v output from the board (Linear ESCS plugged in) for the external in? i wanna try it so i can power my gps port.
Multor is offline Find More Posts by Multor
Old Sep 22, 2012, 05:16 AM
Advanced Monkey
United Kingdom, England
Joined Nov 2011
1,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Multor View Post
Hi there anyone tried to use the 5v output from the board (Linear ESCS plugged in) for the external in? i wanna try it so i can power my gps port.
I'm don't quite understand your question?
Which 5v output from the board?

Do you mean supplying power to the 'Extend Power In' from one of the ESC's BEC's so that the S1~S3 port has power?

[EDIT]

I have tried that here:

nebstress is online now Find More Posts by nebstress
Old Sep 22, 2012, 05:26 AM
Ungifted Prodigy
Australia, QLD
Joined Jul 2012
288 Posts
i mean like actually powering the extended in by jumping one of the already 5v provided ports like the unused motor outputs or the actual jumper pins(if it makes difference if jumper has to be used or not)
Old Sep 22, 2012, 05:34 AM
NDw
Ireland, Limerick, Kilmallock
Joined Aug 2010
2,123 Posts
I think with the jumper removed the esc outputs don't have 5 v. But I have done the same as nebstress. Just used one of the escs bec as the external in, and just the signal wire of that esc going to the motor inputs.
NDw is offline Find More Posts by NDw
Old Sep 22, 2012, 05:41 AM
Ungifted Prodigy
Australia, QLD
Joined Jul 2012
288 Posts
all the esc outputs+ have continuity

ive had problems when using unequal power draw on the escs i onced crashed because one esc provides too much power even its linear it crashed because i disconnected 1 of the red wires and tried to power my HD wing cam xD

but yes basically like that picture

but here is i think neater and simpler solution, thou i havent plugged it in yet, nebstress does yours work?

Last edited by Multor; Sep 22, 2012 at 05:54 AM.
Old Sep 22, 2012, 05:54 AM
Ungifted Prodigy
Australia, QLD
Joined Jul 2012
288 Posts
btw, i be thinking you guys wonder how i overcome my PID wobble bounce bad behavior issue.

For some reason, when i put the crius on my BumbleBee 550 from my F450 fg, it just flies smooth like a baby's bum, i dont know, it boggles me, its using the same setup 20Blueseries esc and ZTW20a Esc is the same, both EMP2826 1000kv esc this is somehow not normal. D:
i wanted to use my f450 as its my test frame and when everything is good(PH GH LOITER WP etc) i will put it on my spider frame and Bumblebee, when i gave up on the wobbles i just placed it on my Bumblebee, then i dont know, kaboom, it just flies like an angel.

Old Sep 22, 2012, 06:03 AM
Advanced Monkey
United Kingdom, England
Joined Nov 2011
1,604 Posts
Quote:
all the esc outputs+ have continuity

ive had problems when using unequal power draw on the escs i onced crashed because one esc provides too much power even its linear it crashed because i disconnected 1 of the red wires and tried to power my HD wing cam xD

but yes basically like that picture

but here is i think neater and simpler solution, thou i havent plugged it in yet, nebstress does yours work?

Yes it does work on mine!

In your photo; have you checked that there is power from that pin using a Multimeter? if there is then it should work OK (I would use a ground as well).

Great to hear that your Quad is flying well

With the PID's between your 550 & 450 Quads; very basically, the smaller the Quad/frame the lower the PIDs need to be.
Old Sep 22, 2012, 06:35 AM
Ungifted Prodigy
Australia, QLD
Joined Jul 2012
288 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebstress View Post
Yes it does work on mine!

In your photo; have you checked that there is power from that pin using a Multimeter? if there is then it should work OK (I would use a ground as well).

Great to hear that your Quad is flying well

With the PID's between your 550 & 450 Quads; very basically, the smaller the Quad/frame the lower the PIDs need to be.
it doesnt work on mine , it powers the board yes, and ftdi but not the ports what could be happening?

now if found out what happens if you take the power off the board while the escs are on, it will cut you up :'''(, now i gotta deal with this injuries they are not bad but theres like 20 of small slashes and i also lost 4 props
Old Sep 22, 2012, 07:17 AM
Advanced Monkey
United Kingdom, England
Joined Nov 2011
1,604 Posts
Quote:
it doesnt work on mine , it powers the board yes, and ftdi but not the ports what could be happening?

now if found out what happens if you take the power off the board while the escs are on, it will cut you up :'''(, now i gotta deal with this injuries they are not bad but theres like 20 of small slashes and i also lost 4 props
Always REMOVE PROPS when testing anything!

You need to give more information, are you referring to the setup in your photo?
Old Sep 22, 2012, 07:52 AM
Ungifted Prodigy
Australia, QLD
Joined Jul 2012
288 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebstress View Post
Always REMOVE PROPS when testing anything!

You need to give more information, are you referring to the setup in your photo?
i got too assuring, as it never happened before. not once

yes im talking about that setup. iits hard to explain so i made a video im just uploading it now

sorry for the quality but this video is originally 1080p and 500mb xD i converted it down to 4mb and took 1min to upload, its easier but i think this video is still easy to understand

External Input (2 min 18 sec)
Last edited by Multor; Sep 22, 2012 at 08:06 AM.
Old Sep 22, 2012, 08:31 AM
Advanced Monkey
United Kingdom, England
Joined Nov 2011
1,604 Posts
Quote:
i got too assuring, as it never happened before. not once

yes im talking about that setup. iits hard to explain so i made a video im just uploading it now

sorry for the quality but this video is originally 1080p and 500mb xD i converted it down to 4mb and took 1min to upload, its easier but i think this video is still easy to understand

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xn6u70rVAo8&feature=plcp
That is strange

Whats the voltage coming from the pin you are taking the power from (on ESC rail) & have you tried putting the Ground on?
Old Sep 22, 2012, 08:35 AM
NDw
Ireland, Limerick, Kilmallock
Joined Aug 2010
2,123 Posts
My guess is there are no volts going to the + esc pins when the jumper is removed. It's very simple to just remove the signal wire from one of the escs put the signal wire to the esc signal pin and put the other two wires to the external in. That def works.
NDw is offline Find More Posts by NDw