Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Oct 05, 2012, 09:11 AM
Joined Jan 2010
720 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatlandrobin View Post
This is also in the video I posted before, not above the head but powered up full with a hand on the landing gear. No motor failed tho.

http://youtu.be/kZve6iZIQo8
Make sure that the remote control of channel settings, whether it is normal.
Your remote control is what brand? What model? We help you analyze.
Remote control settings, please send pictures or video up, thank you.
490905002 is offline Find More Posts by 490905002
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 05, 2012, 07:38 PM
New Zealand, Otago, Queenstown
Joined Sep 2012
79 Posts
I take it you are not watching the video I keep posting then?

Its a 4 channel tx with no computer so no mixing or aircraft selection. Just 4 channels.

Lotus I have to say this, I first asked for help 7 days ago and I check this forum about 5 times or more every day to see if there is any new answers to my questions. And so far all you are doing is asking me the same questions over and over again when I have already uploaded two videos showing the problem in great detail. Plus I have written everything more than once. If you actually watch the videos that you asked me to make then you wouldnt have to keep asking the same things.

I am sure you are busy and I have no problem with patiently waiting for your help. Please watch the video and you can see all of the information.

T380/2 (5 min 8 sec)
flatlandrobin is offline Find More Posts by flatlandrobin
Old Oct 06, 2012, 01:58 PM
Joined Jan 2010
720 Posts
Quote:
I take it you are not watching the video I keep posting then?

Its a 4 channel tx with no computer so no mixing or aircraft selection. Just 4 channels.

Lotus I have to say this, I first asked for help 7 days ago and I check this forum about 5 times or more every day to see if there is any new answers to my questions. And so far all you are doing is asking me the same questions over and over again when I have already uploaded two videos showing the problem in great detail. Plus I have written everything more than once. If you actually watch the videos that you asked me to make then you wouldnt have to keep asking the same things.

I am sure you are busy and I have no problem with patiently waiting for your help. Please watch the video and you can see all of the information.

http://youtu.be/kZve6iZIQo8
I've seen your video several times.
Suspect your remote control, the channel is set incorrectly.
Convenient for us to see your remote control panel, and channel regulation?
Old Oct 06, 2012, 01:59 PM
Joined Jan 2010
720 Posts
From your video, we do not think that the aircraft in question, the problem may exist on the remote control.
Old Oct 07, 2012, 01:45 AM
Joined Sep 2012
79 Posts
And in both videos it mentions that this exact problem occurs with the Futaba radio, Spektrum radio and even a Lanyun radio. So I dont think all the radios have the exact same fault.

The reason that a cheap 4 channel radio is being used in the videos is to prove that there is no mixing or settings issue with the radio because it doesnt have the ability to do them.
Old Oct 07, 2012, 04:44 AM
Joined Mar 2009
253 Posts
Don't yell at me if you've posted this before.. It's 2:45am here and I don't wanna follow this all the way back..

Is it just this one motor, or just this one ESC output? If its the motor, I don't know what to say. But if its the ESC, it may not be tracking linearly, and the fix is probably a replacement board. It looks like once you get up to almost full throttle that it starts to stabilize?
SCVJeff is offline Find More Posts by SCVJeff
Old Oct 07, 2012, 11:48 PM
Joined Sep 2012
79 Posts
Haha, didnt mean to sound like I am yelling. I have sold the quad to someone and ever since he got it, its been doing this. But it was fine when I used it last. He is pretty annoyed and I am just trying to help him get it working as I bought it with a years warranty so if there is a fault then I just want to get it sorted. From everything he has tried I cant see how it is his radio equipment.

We havent tried switching the ESC outputs, but we did try swapping the elev and aileron inputs on the receiver. This swapped the cyclic movements as you would expect, but the same motor was just spinning faster than the rest.

Does that eliminate any possible causes? Would it be a good test to swap the motor wires for the front two arms and see what happens?

Thanks for the help.
Old Oct 08, 2012, 03:27 AM
Joined Mar 2009
253 Posts
Quote:
Haha, didnt mean to sound like I am yelling. I have sold the quad to someone and ever since he got it, its been doing this. But it was fine when I used it last. He is pretty annoyed and I am just trying to help him get it working as I bought it with a years warranty so if there is a fault then I just want to get it sorted. From everything he has tried I cant see how it is his radio equipment.

We havent tried switching the ESC outputs, but we did try swapping the elev and aileron inputs on the receiver. This swapped the cyclic movements as you would expect, but the same motor was just spinning faster than the rest.

Does that eliminate any possible causes? Would it be a good test to swap the motor wires for the front two arms and see what happens?

Thanks for the help.
yep. At least you can isolate it to a channel since you've eliminated the Rx. If you physically swap motors on that ESC output and the problem stays, then you have it to the FC or ESC. Dunno now to drill down further because I believe these are sandwiched boards. Can't look cause its 1:30 here and the heli is in the garage
Old Oct 08, 2012, 05:22 AM
Joined Sep 2012
79 Posts
Ok here is the vid that Alex made of the test.

T380/3 (8 min 19 sec)

And after swapping the motor wires, the other motor is now running fast.
Old Oct 08, 2012, 05:38 AM
United Kingdom, England, Consett
Joined Feb 2012
113 Posts
It looks like the ESC is knackered then.

I'd suggest that it's an issue with the electronics on the quad itself if the issue follows the ESC channel for a specific motor.

I don't see how it could be anything else given the tests done.

Swapping channels on the RX eliminates the RX as the same behaviour still occurs.

Multiple TX including none computerised radio eliminates the radio.

At this stage the issue has been narrowed down to the Quad itself.

Switching motors on ESC has shown the motors to be fine.

This leaves either the ESC board has an issue or as someone else stated earlier it could be the Flight Controller board having an issue with the balancing and compensating not calculating correctly.

I'd be asking the manufacturer for a replacement ESC board if it's in warranty.
ColSonders is offline Find More Posts by ColSonders
Old Oct 08, 2012, 07:09 AM
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Apr 2012
138 Posts
Hi

Your T380 has exactly the same problem with my T580P+. One motor was spinning WAY faster than the rest (almost full throttle at 30%). A mate noticed the arm it was sitting on did not look right. After taking the motor off and straightening and levelling the block the motor sits on it seemed to fix the problem.

I cannot tell yet if it will fly as I cannot find one of the prop clip to keep the prop on so I need a solution for that to test the quad again.
loquacious is online now Find More Posts by loquacious
Old Oct 08, 2012, 11:58 PM
Joined Sep 2012
79 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColSonders View Post

I'd suggest that it's an issue with the electronics on the quad itself if the issue follows the ESC channel for a specific motor.

Swapping channels on the RX eliminates the RX as the same behaviour still occurs.

This leaves either the ESC board has an issue or as someone else stated earlier it could be the Flight Controller board having an issue with the balancing and compensating not calculating correctly.

Hey thanks for that comment, I feel the problem has been narrowed right down to only a couple of possibilities as well and Im glad that my efforts to prove it have not been in vain!

Its just not very nice for us noobs that dont have an electrical engineering degree to buy something ready-to-fly and then have to spend all this time taking them apart when we should be out there letting gravity do it for us!
Old Oct 09, 2012, 12:57 AM
Joined Mar 2009
253 Posts
This is just an unfortunate case of infant mortality. Something broke early on, and hopefully this is the only problem. "QSH" as they say in Ham Land
Old Oct 09, 2012, 11:55 AM
United States, CA, Fontana
Joined Sep 2012
28 Posts
Don't let it discourage your interest in quads, and particularly the t380. I have many hours fly time on mine(every AM for 4 months), it has been a great entry into quads for me and learning to fly it in a strictly manual mode hopefully will make me a better pilot.

Now that I'm starting my next build on a qav500 frame, I have a Naza in hand and waiting anxiously for opto 30a escs to come today(FYI-tried an e-flight 30a and couldnt get motors to arm, Naza seems to be a bit finiky about the ESCs) For fun, and to play around with the Naza I'm temporarily gutting my t380 until the new frame comes in. I'll let ya know how it turns out.

Just throwin that out there cuz, my t380 will still ride in the back of my SUV for an impromptu flight. My plan is to build on the QAV500 for an FPVer, An F450 flamewheel for sport and t380 as my parkflyer. That should fulfill my quad needs for a long time to come.

I'm not sure where you live flantlandrobin but the southern california shop where I bought my t380 carries parts and will ship straight away if you're looking to replace those components and finally get in the air. I would offer mine up but my boards are older than I've seen on some previous posts and my baro acts weird, altitude hold or even a stable hover without a bit of stick movement has never been my t380s strong suits.

Best wishes

-G
Gideon1961 is offline Find More Posts by Gideon1961
Old Oct 10, 2012, 10:58 AM
Joined Jan 2010
720 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColSonders View Post

Again confirmed that the aircraft itself without any problems, including the ESC and FC.
Check the channel of the remote control correctly, including aircraft connection, please read the instructions carefully.
Manufacturers confirm please with the remote control, remote control factory model, whether it is a fixed-wing mode? Is mixing?
Thank you.