HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 23, 2010, 09:35 AM
Joined Aug 2010
15 Posts
Question
Thunder Power TP-610C-ACDC

I recently got a Thunder Power TP-610C-ACDC charger/discharger and every time i try to charge or discharge a battery it sends back an error message saying (voltage error or wrong polarity). I have check these things and the voltage in each cell is well above the minimum, also as you can only plug the battery in one direction so im positive it is not the polarity. It does the same thing with whatever battery I plug in even a brand new Thunder Power battery that I got at about the same time. I was hoping somebody might have had a similar problem and could tell me how they fixed it.
3dVector is offline Find More Posts by 3dVector
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 23, 2010, 09:49 AM
TJin(Guy + Tech)
United States, NM, Socorro
Joined Jun 2008
784 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dVector View Post
I recently got a Thunder Power TP-610C-ACDC charger/discharger and every time i try to charge or discharge a battery it sends back an error message saying (voltage error or wrong polarity). I have check these things and the voltage in each cell is well above the minimum, also as you can only plug the battery in one direction so im positive it is not the polarity. It does the same thing with whatever battery I plug in even a brand new Thunder Power battery that I got at about the same time. I was hoping somebody might have had a similar problem and could tell me how they fixed it.
You are plugging on both the main leads and the balance leads? The main leads pigtail (thing that goes from the charger to the main connector on the pack) is plugged in correctly, red to red and black to black? Did you solder on your own main connector, if so is the pack is wired correctly?
tjinguy is offline Find More Posts by tjinguy
Old Nov 23, 2010, 10:12 AM
Joined Aug 2010
15 Posts
So you plug in the main leads too. I figured it was the same as my other chargers where you just plug in the balance leads. Yeah there is single line in the manual about that must have skipped over it. Thanks for the help.
3dVector is offline Find More Posts by 3dVector
Old Nov 23, 2010, 12:37 PM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,557 Posts
Many upgrading from the simple OEM came with a ready to fly make this mistake.

My guess is there are a couple of such post here each month.
everydayflyer is offline Find More Posts by everydayflyer