HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by billpa, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jul 14, 2012, 03:11 PM
Joined Oct 2011
27 Posts
ODS PRO micro GPS Expander V4 with Eagle Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarconman View Post
Here is my wiring diagram.

Regards,
Jarco
I'm lost! I just do not get it. can some one help me out?
Soldier53 is offline Find More Posts by Soldier53
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 13, 2012, 05:08 PM
Waiting for my Medication
USA, MA, West Springfield
Joined Nov 2010
1,163 Posts
Haven't seen anything related to this. I'm about to get the ET system but I'm putting it on a quad not a plane so am confused a little. Everyone is showing connection to ESC but in my case with the quad I have four esc's. (Flying a Naza Quad). Do I connect to any special one or just connect and since the DJI Naza frame has a built in power distribution setup all my esc's are wired to the frame. Would I just connect the eagle tree to one of the esc's contact points?
Thanks in advance.
Seadog.
seadog1967 is offline Find More Posts by seadog1967
Old Aug 15, 2012, 07:22 AM
Multi RC Aircraft User!!
United States, FL, Parrish
Joined Apr 2007
597 Posts
I have had about 4 great flights with my Skywalker and RTH working great when selected through the menu. How do I set it up to work through a switch so I can set my dragon link fail safe? Or how do you set fail safe on the ET? I'm using a hitec aurora 9.
Thanks any help is appreciated!
Matt
Mattsrcking is online now Find More Posts by Mattsrcking
Old Aug 22, 2012, 11:33 AM
United States, NC, Mooresville
Joined Aug 2012
84 Posts
Where can i find connectors to splice into my video harness to plug into the ET OSD? Does the ETOSD come with the harness that connects the servo ports to the rc rx?
Billj747 is offline Find More Posts by Billj747
Old Aug 25, 2012, 08:26 PM
Joined May 2012
4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by seadog1967 View Post
Haven't seen anything related to this. I'm about to get the ET system but I'm putting it on a quad not a plane so am confused a little. Everyone is showing connection to ESC but in my case with the quad I have four esc's. (Flying a Naza Quad). Do I connect to any special one or just connect and since the DJI Naza frame has a built in power distribution setup all my esc's are wired to the frame. Would I just connect the eagle tree to one of the esc's contact points?
Thanks in advance.
Seadog.
I have the same problem. Did you find any information?
AldoEE is offline Find More Posts by AldoEE
Old Aug 26, 2012, 08:38 AM
Joined Nov 2010
1,163 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AldoEE View Post
I have the same problem. Did you find any information?
Nope still in the dark.
Old Aug 26, 2012, 10:16 PM
wasaga beach ont canada
Joined Jan 2004
344 Posts
seadog, i have the eagletree elogger,gps ,osd & powerpanel on my naza controlled nl650 rig. since the eagletree stuff can,t do auto pilot on quads yet , i can,t see any reason to connect the esc or servo outputs. mine does great at datalogging & the osd is real nice but without the guardian as well i see no reason for the extra connections. anyone feel free to correct me if my thinking is flawed as mine aren,t connected & all works well!...rob m
rmorhan is offline Find More Posts by rmorhan
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 27, 2012, 08:49 AM
Joined Nov 2010
1,163 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmorhan View Post
seadog, i have the eagletree elogger,gps ,osd & powerpanel on my naza controlled nl650 rig. since the eagletree stuff can,t do auto pilot on quads yet , i can,t see any reason to connect the esc or servo outputs. mine does great at datalogging & the osd is real nice but without the guardian as well i see no reason for the extra connections. anyone feel free to correct me if my thinking is flawed as mine aren,t connected & all works well!...rob m
rmorhan...... Awesome response. This has been my thinking all along but since I'm not real knowledgeable about electronics I was worried. We have RTH on naza so don't need and same with guardian so when I get I'll just connect the battery part. I would like to see distance from home, altitude, direction home and speed. I Really appreciate you posting and confirming my thoughts.
Seadog.
Last edited by seadog1967; Aug 27, 2012 at 09:07 AM.
Old Aug 27, 2012, 08:59 AM
Joined May 2007
96 Posts
Guardian stabilizer diagram?

Just ordered the Guardian, anybody have a diagram of their setup with a Guardian stabilizer hooked up? Any advise?

Thank you! Tim
TBello is offline Find More Posts by TBello
Old Aug 29, 2012, 05:07 PM
Miamisburg OH
Joined Dec 2003
478 Posts
OSD Pro To Data Recorder Connection

I have the Data Recorder and would like to get just the OSD without V4 Logger. However, I haven't been able to find any diagram showing where to connect the OSD to Data Recorder. Anyone have a quick answer?

Thanks
John Lueke is online now Find More Posts by John Lueke
Old Aug 29, 2012, 05:28 PM
Joined Jul 2012
14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by seadog1967 View Post
Thanks in advance.
Seadog.
Hi Seadog.
Leave the four ESC of your quad as they are. You only need to connect the ESC if you have an airplane with a single motor.
I fly a Naza Hexa and in the process of installing my FPV gear and ET OSD and eLogger. Still figuring out the wiring also.

Javier
AEA737 is offline Find More Posts by AEA737
Old Sep 03, 2012, 07:04 PM
Joined Aug 2012
84 Posts
After printing out and going over all the posted diagrams, I still have 3 unanswered questions:

1 - UBEC getting power between Battery and eLogger or between eLogger and ESC?
(I know this is still up for debate, but no one has objectively answered if the mAH useage of the Rx and servos will still be recorded even if the UBEC is before the eLogger)

2 - When using a UBEC to power the Receiver and servos: Do you remove power AND ground between the ESC and the Throttle output of the OSD Pro? (so only signal is going from OSD to ESC) or can you leave the ground there as well?

3 - When using a UBEC, do you tie into the battery's power AND ground like the manuals for the UBEC state? (Some have recommended ONLY connecting the UBEC to the power side of the battery and the power pinout to the receiver.

Clarification would be greatly appreciated, thank you.
Old Sep 04, 2012, 12:30 PM
Keep Calm, and Carry On...
United States, UT
Joined Feb 2012
386 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billj747 View Post
After printing out and going over all the posted diagrams, I still have 3 unanswered questions:

1 - UBEC getting power between Battery and eLogger or between eLogger and ESC?
(I know this is still up for debate, but no one has objectively answered if the mAH useage of the Rx and servos will still be recorded even if the UBEC is before the eLogger)

2 - When using a UBEC to power the Receiver and servos: Do you remove power AND ground between the ESC and the Throttle output of the OSD Pro? (so only signal is going from OSD to ESC) or can you leave the ground there as well?

3 - When using a UBEC, do you tie into the battery's power AND ground like the manuals for the UBEC state? (Some have recommended ONLY connecting the UBEC to the power side of the battery and the power pinout to the receiver.

Clarification would be greatly appreciated, thank you.
Came across this today: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...5&postcount=65
not sure if it answers your questions.
seearestacey is offline Find More Posts by seearestacey
Old Sep 04, 2012, 02:33 PM
Joined Aug 2012
84 Posts
Ya, i've read that post before but it does not address if the mAH useage of the Rx and servos will be recorded by the eLogger or not. I guess I can just run a 15K ohm resisted line to that battery to have the voltage on the OSD and go off of that instead of mAH used.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 01:07 AM
Joined Jul 2012
7 Posts
Wiring diagram

Here is my wiring diagram. It has not been tested and it is my first attempt. I have tried to understand the previous diagrams in this thread. Please point out if there is some mistake or some way in which I can improve it. I will be really scared when I plug in the power. I have tried to eliminate ground loops but there are a few things I am a little unsure about.

1. Should I connect the ground from my 450mAh Lipo to the ground of the video TX/OSD audio out/OSD audio in the way I have in the wiring diagram? (Or does this create a giant ground loop since all grounds in the OSD is connected?)

2. Would it be better to connect the power and ground from the 450 mAh Lipo directly to the Camera and Mic, cutting those wires before they enter the OSD?

3. Any mistakes that need to be corrected or suggestions for improvements?
weiland is offline Find More Posts by weiland