New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 03, 2008, 04:33 PM
Find More Posts by Swift16
USA, IN, Carmel
Joined Feb 2006
351 Posts
New Product
Ocean Voyage Models

Don sent out a Loyalhanna newsletter today and I discovered in his new line of models from Ocean Voyage out of Hong Kong a wonderful addition to any destroyerman's collection, a Charles F. Adams class DDG in 1:96 scale! To me, a retired Navyman who served aboard one of these beauties there's no destroyer better looking than the Adams class. I rode her through a hurricane in 1968 and she took all the Atlantic could throw at her without damage, her high clipper bow cutting through the seas with authority.
I might mention that some wag listed her as the Samuel Adams (BEER!) class instead of the Charles Adams class. Funny!
Now I have to find out if I can model her as the USS Sellers (DDG-11) with her suite of radars and Mk 11 Tartar missile launcher in place of the Mk 13 launcher, SPS-40, etc. pictured.

There's also a Sumner class, a Fletcher class, and a WWII DE in the series along with some other foreign warships.

John
Swift16 is offline Find More Posts by Swift16
Last edited by Swift16; Apr 03, 2008 at 04:38 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 04, 2008, 02:38 AM
Find More Posts by herrmill
Shanghai'd Expat
Xiaoshan, China
Joined Jun 2006
4,865 Posts
That's great news to see since OV hasn't been offered by dealers in the past & has been difficult to communicate with since they have no English speaking staff. I'm still waiting to hear back on the IJN fittings.

As mentioned before, they are undoubtedly one of the best Chinese model ship manufacturers. With Loyalhanna carrying the line, it will be a great opportunity for those outside of Asia to get your hands on one of their kits.

They have some new kits due this year: 1/200 Kongo, 1/128 Scarnhorst & have been working on several modern USN DD.
herrmill is offline Find More Posts by herrmill
Last edited by herrmill; Apr 04, 2008 at 05:49 PM.
Old Apr 04, 2008, 09:25 AM
Find More Posts by Swift16
USA, IN, Carmel
Joined Feb 2006
351 Posts
Good info..

I'm looking forward to talking with Don at Toledo tomorrow to learn more. I'm glad to hear OM has a good reputation! Thanks for the info, Chuck!

John
Swift16 is offline Find More Posts by Swift16
Old Oct 19, 2009, 05:25 AM
Find More Posts by thaobass
Joined Oct 2009
3 Posts
hi, can you give me a fiting plan of uss ddg, please? because,I do lost it, I can't make continuous, please help me, thank you very much. thaobass@yahoo.com
you can see here
http://www.clbmohinh.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=229386
thaobass is offline Find More Posts by thaobass
Old Oct 19, 2009, 09:16 AM
Find More Posts by fooman2008
United States, ID, Rexburg
Joined Sep 2008
6,599 Posts
Thaobas,
Nice to hear from another DDG-2 class sailor. I was a BM on Claude V. Ricketts (DDG-5). I tore up a shoulder and decided that I wanted to go back to the left coast, they sent me from a 19 year old great ship and crew to an almost new Sprucan that was a waste of beer cans to build her.
When we were getting ready for deployment they had a change of command for the DESRON and the closest they could come to having a cruise for the new Commodore was moving one of the FFG's through the naval railway in the shipyard!
Miss that old ship she was a fine lady....sorry they are all gone. Although from what I have seen the new DDG's are at least decent sea boats.
Was thinking that I had seen someone working on an Adams class on WMU, went on a quick search and found it there....here is the link to it I am not sure where he got the kit from and he hasn't posted in a while.
http://www.wmunderway.8m.com/cgi/yab...m=1215445883/0
Foo
fooman2008 is offline Find More Posts by fooman2008
Last edited by fooman2008; Oct 19, 2009 at 09:21 AM. Reason: more and a link
Old Oct 20, 2009, 09:31 AM
Joined Oct 2009
3 Posts
Fooman2008
thank you very much, I'll follow him to learn and make quick to complete, then I will post for you look it. thanks again.
Old Oct 21, 2009, 07:47 AM
Joined Oct 2009
3 Posts
http://i585.photobucket.com/albums/s.../USSDDG017.jpg
Old Jul 07, 2016, 07:48 AM
Find More Posts by thunderguts
Joined Nov 2010
29 Posts
Lots of OV ships here