New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 09, 2016, 06:28 PM
Find More Posts by Tracoby
United States, KS, Great Bend
Joined Feb 2016
8 Posts
Discussion
HOT MOTORS... HELP please.

I recently build a LS-210 frame with rs2205 emax motors and 30 amp fvt little bee escs running on 4s. My friend ordered every exact part that I did except he went with the hmb235 frame. I build both quads. I have to replace the xt60 connector on his frame because i messed it up a little bit because my soldering iron was messing up but it still works just fine. The only problem I'm facing now is his motors all get super super hot when mine are fine run cool to the touch. Can anyone tell me if a bad batter plug would do this I figure it would hurt everything. No screws are in the motor bindings or anything and i cannot find any shorts. Any Help or insight is appreciated. Thanks
Tracoby is offline Find More Posts by Tracoby
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 09, 2016, 09:05 PM
Joined Feb 2016
8 Posts
Little update while i wait for help... I have already calibrated esc's set up flight controller flashed newest blheli firmware ect. Motor timing is on High, dampening, and oneshot on. When I hook it up to computer and have props off i can use cleanflight or blheli to spin motors full throttle burst and everything let them spin for a good minitue at hover thrust and the motors dont get hot. Soon as i put the props back on and try and fly it is oscilates like crazy did a quick toon and got oscilations gone while outside but motors still hot as hell. I hover it inside and oscilations are back. Im thinking its the frame or cg... Hopefully one of you guys have some insight.
Old Feb 09, 2016, 09:09 PM
Joined Feb 2016
8 Posts
Such a clean build I hope it can be figured out.. I feel horrible because its not mine.
Old Feb 09, 2016, 10:22 PM
Find More Posts by Gsxr45
United States, CA, Santa Clarita
Joined Sep 2015
197 Posts
try timing at medium high. Drop P gain by 1 to start and I by 10. See where that brings you. Timing is very high and so are your gains if you are on 4s and stock pids!
Gsxr45 is offline Find More Posts by Gsxr45
Old Feb 09, 2016, 11:45 PM
Joined Feb 2016
8 Posts
Thanks for the help just saw it but i actually was trying everything i could think of. I finally reflashed cleanflight and blheli. Not sure which one it was that was broke but it is flying good and cool to the touch now after 5 min hover. PiDs are still fine at what GTune got with the weird firmware issue. One shot is on motor timing is high dampening as well... Couldnt be happier now... The motors on the back got so hot they melted into the HDPE lol no damage though so now its more secure.