Old Oct 13, 2011, 09:23 PM
Trinity, FL
Joined Dec 2009
83 Posts
Mike- How do I get a receiver repaired?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeyDiver View Post
Mike,

It looks like I've had an overvoltage event and have a fried receiver. Would you please tell the cost and how to get a replacement. If I simply need to buy a new receiver, just say so and I'll go that route.

Thanks,

Andy
+1 on Thursday.
KeyDiver is offline Find More Posts by KeyDiver
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 13, 2011, 09:32 PM
Fatsharks my new boss
Australia, NSW, Yamba
Joined Oct 2008
581 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLADUS63 View Post
Hi Mike,

I have hook up the new Tx, I will send you back the old one with Tx antenna and 1 short Rx antenna,
have you sent me back the 2 Rx and 3 long antenna (36 inch) ?
Is this address for return correct :
Michael BOGELOW
100 GIARDINO DR
ISLAMORADA, FL 33036
USA

Cedric

Umm Cedric , you might want to try changing the address(his last name) a little.

The address i got on my dragonlink box says............
Michael Bigelow
100 Giardino dr
IslaMorada ,FL

Cheers
Patrick
hpcoolahan is offline Find More Posts by hpcoolahan
Old Oct 13, 2011, 09:38 PM
MK3
Aerial Loitering
Joined Sep 2011
432 Posts
I got my very first DL failsafes today They were brief, but I think they may have been caused by power lines that were between myself and the target. Plane was about 1 mile away near ground, but still LOS. Still rocking performance though. I easily hit 3 miles/5KM the other day
MK3 is offline Find More Posts by MK3
Old Oct 13, 2011, 09:42 PM
Team Basement-RC
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Jan 2011
1,848 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgpilot View Post
I got my very first DL failsafes today They were brief, but I think they may have been caused by power lines that were between myself and the target. Plane was about 1 mile away near ground, but still LOS. Still rocking performance though. I easily hit 3 miles/5KM the other day
I crashed about 4km away last week, and still didn't get a failsafe on my DL. Broke my DragonOSD though.
Tracks is offline Find More Posts by Tracks
Old Oct 14, 2011, 12:11 AM
France, Limousin, Limoges
Joined Jul 2009
1,106 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy1994ca View Post
Hé, Mike parle francais !!
Ah Bravo Mike !
GLADUS63 is online now Find More Posts by GLADUS63
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 14, 2011, 12:15 AM
France, Limousin, Limoges
Joined Jul 2009
1,106 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpcoolahan View Post
Umm Cedric , you might want to try changing the address(his last name) a little.
Patrick
Thanks patrick
GLADUS63 is online now Find More Posts by GLADUS63
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 14, 2011, 12:40 AM
KJ6RCJ
United States, CA, Elk Grove
Joined May 2010
405 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gent96 View Post
Hi Mike,

I bought a DL system from you last August 23, 2010 and I've been enjoying flying with it. Yesterday, I flew FPV but it was getting dark so I had to land the plane. There was no problem with the signal or the DL system actually. I unscrewed out the DL Tx antenna and put it in the box. When I got home, I realized that the I unscrewed the antenna as shown in the pic. When I tried to screw it back, somehow the pin inside got twisted. If I somehow manage to screw it back, I have no way to find out if it was done correctly and I don't want to risk my equipment to fly with it. I would like to ask if I can send the antenna back to have it repaired with fee of course or if I'll just get a new one Mike. Hope to hear from you, sir. I sent you a PM too.

Best regards,

Gent
Guys,

Just a shout out to the testament of Mike's awesome costumer service. He replaced my antenna: sent it Monday out of Florida, received it Thursday in California. Mike, may Dragon Link flourish and your life be rewarded countless times!

Best Regards,

Gent
gent96 is offline Find More Posts by gent96
Old Oct 14, 2011, 05:39 AM
Joined Mar 2010
345 Posts
Anyone has had issued with their Futaba 10CAP with the DL? Like interference etc?

Coz I am having very odd beeping from my 10CAP and servos are jittery with the TSLRS. which is hooked up behind my 10CAP.

Planning to get a brand new shiny DL, as long as it does not give me such issues and most importantly reduced failsafe.

Cheers.
roypwee is online now Find More Posts by roypwee
Old Oct 14, 2011, 07:12 AM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
9,593 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by roypwee View Post
Anyone has had issued with their Futaba 10CAP with the DL? Like interference etc?

Coz I am having very odd beeping from my 10CAP and servos are jittery with the TSLRS. which is hooked up behind my 10CAP.

Planning to get a brand new shiny DL, as long as it does not give me such issues and most importantly reduced failsafe.

Cheers.
Hi,

We have lots of very happy futaba users with no problems. RF can be an artform still, every installation can be different. The problems you are talking about is RF getting into your transmitter, and can be affected by the power level, filtering, and even the way you have the wires running. Changing anything could cause, or even solve this problem.

While I would not expect this problem, the only way you would know for sure is to hook it up and try it.

Mike
JettPilot is offline Find More Posts by JettPilot
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 14, 2011, 02:00 PM
United States, FL, Spring Hill
Joined Jun 2011
24 Posts
Check order

Mike,

Please check on my order, placed on October 10th, shipping to Brooksville, FL.
Paypal info below
Thanks,

Larry

Shopping Cart Payment Sent (Unique Transaction ID #6LV133206G1567121)

Original Transaction
Date Type Status Details Amount
Oct 10, 2011 Payment To Dragon Link Labs Completed ... -$275.00 USD
LostLarry is offline Find More Posts by LostLarry
Old Oct 14, 2011, 02:05 PM
Joined Sep 2009
52 Posts
Mike,

Got a question for you. What modifications have been made to the DL Transmitter since April of this year? April 2011 is when I received my DL system. It has been sitting in my closet ever since. I am finally ready to install in my Mikrokopter. It came with the old DL receiver. I heard something about a filter that was installed on the Transmitter. Is there anyway I can send the transmitter back and get a newer one with the upgrades?

Also, can I get a new receiver and send back the old one? If not, maybe a discount for a newer version?

Thanks,

Joe
Bullseye123 is offline Find More Posts by Bullseye123
Old Oct 14, 2011, 02:40 PM
Toronto Canada
Joined Jan 2008
656 Posts
I have beeping coming from my 10cap as well, but it never ever causes me a problem. Its the same sound beep as when the radio turns up. I was out 11 kms the other day, with the antenna on my radio pointed at the plane, and i got a failsafe. I pointed the antenna vertical and signal came back almost instantly. Pretty good in my opinion!! I wouldnt worry about the beeping!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JettPilot View Post
Hi,

We have lots of very happy futaba users with no problems. RF can be an artform still, every installation can be different. The problems you are talking about is RF getting into your transmitter, and can be affected by the power level, filtering, and even the way you have the wires running. Changing anything could cause, or even solve this problem.

While I would not expect this problem, the only way you would know for sure is to hook it up and try it.

Mike
lilphil26 is offline Find More Posts by lilphil26
Old Oct 14, 2011, 03:37 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
17,099 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye123 View Post
Mike,

Got a question for you. What modifications have been made to the DL Transmitter since April of this year? April 2011 is when I received my DL system. It has been sitting in my closet ever since. I am finally ready to install in my Mikrokopter. It came with the old DL receiver. I heard something about a filter that was installed on the Transmitter. Is there anyway I can send the transmitter back and get a newer one with the upgrades?

Also, can I get a new receiver and send back the old one? If not, maybe a discount for a newer version?

Thanks,

Joe
You should already have the latest DL Tx. The extra filtered version released at the beginning of this year. Then the 12pin Rx came out, followed by the end-pin 12ch Rx (which I believe was/is the one that is 6v rated).
Vantasstic is offline Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 14, 2011, 04:02 PM
Belgium, Brussels
Joined Jul 2010
209 Posts
Thank you Mike, I got mine from the post office today...

I was a bit scared, but I was able to solder it and bind it easily to my walkera 2801 pro...

My plane is ready for testing!!!

Hal.

PS: Thank you schumixmd for all the info about the walkera, I was able to find the soldering spot so it turns on with my tx.
Halford is offline Find More Posts by Halford
Old Oct 14, 2011, 05:41 PM
United States, TX, Santa Fe
Joined Oct 2011
143 Posts
Mike,

Check your PM.

Glenn
FPVgrunt is offline Find More Posts by FPVgrunt