Tarot 680 Pro 0 0%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old Nov 23, 2014, 07:01 PM
Find More Posts by hmarkvitz
Joined Nov 2014
3 Posts
Discussion
FY650 vs TBS Discovery vs XuGong 10 vs 680 Pro

I am a little new to the multirotor scene. I have already built my first quad (F450) and am looking to upgrade it for my 1 year trip to study abroad in Europe. I mainly want to use my multirotor for AP but already have a FPV system to view my shots in real time. I am planning to upgrade the frame to something more steady than the F450. My current options are the Tarot FY650, the Tarot 680 Pro, the TBS Discovery Base Frame (using my F450 arms) or the XuGong 10 from ImmersionRC. My objective here is not having to replace my motors since they are practically new, if it is not absolutely necessary. The other thing is I am leaning to the smallest frame possible (for portability), this is why I am considering the XuGong 10 (although it is the most expensive frame) of them all.

My current setup is:
4x Afro 30A ESCs (SimonK)
4x Sunnysky X2212 980kv Motors
Naza Lite-M
Boscam 200mw Tx and RC832 Rx
4000mah Turnigy Nanotech 3S 30C
F450 frame

I don't really know if the FY650 or the 680 Pro frames are too big for my current motors. I would like to know if these can fly ok with these motors and if the 680 Pro will fly ok with 6 of these motors (so I only have to purchase 2).

I am leaning towards either the TBS Discovery or the XuGong 10 for more portability. I need an opinion on which is the better option and what gimbal I can buy for them.

I was looking at some Sunnysky X4108s 600kv and 480kv motors. These will run me 40 dollars each. That would be 160 more dollars.
hmarkvitz is offline Find More Posts by hmarkvitz
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 23, 2014, 07:21 PM
Find More Posts by BuffaloJustin
United States, SC, Lexington
Joined May 2014
1,068 Posts
The 650 and especially the 680 want way more motor then you have, and are suited for 13"-15" props mainly, and 4S minimum power... Plus, have you ever seen a 680 in person? I have one and it is only "portable" in the sense that I can fold the arms and put it in my truck... I sure wouldn't want to carry it around on foot very far. As one of your objectives is the "smallest frame possible", I would rule both the Tarots out.

I won't comment on the other two frames you mentioned since I've never flown them.
BuffaloJustin is online now Find More Posts by BuffaloJustin
Old May 02, 2015, 01:14 PM
Find More Posts by bucket183
Joined Jul 2011
14 Posts
I'm in a similar situation, I travel a lot and wanted an ap platform. I've had a tarot 680, far to big transport and will draw too much attention. My requirements were that the frame had to fit into a backpack. I tried using my mini quad(blackout) and the size was great it draw very little attention, but the footage required a lot of post production work, but the biggest down fall was the flying took too much "brain space" thus making composing the shots difficult.

I have gone for the Xugong pro v2. So far.........amazing!!!! Really happy, but then the Phantom 3 and 3dr solo was announced about a week after I finished the build, damn!!!But I keep telling myself that neither are as portable as the xugong.
bucket183 is offline Find More Posts by bucket183
Old Today, 04:35 AM
Find More Posts by etegration
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Feb 2014
421 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucket183 View Post
I'm in a similar situation, I travel a lot and wanted an ap platform. I've had a tarot 680, far to big transport and will draw too much attention. My requirements were that the frame had to fit into a backpack. I tried using my mini quad(blackout) and the size was great it draw very little attention, but the footage required a lot of post production work, but the biggest down fall was the flying took too much "brain space" thus making composing the shots difficult.

I have gone for the Xugong pro v2. So far.........amazing!!!! Really happy, but then the Phantom 3 and 3dr solo was announced about a week after I finished the build, damn!!!But I keep telling myself that neither are as portable as the xugong.
nothing is smaller when backpacking a Xugong 10, 8 or the Pro v2 when running 10 inch or 8/9 inche propellor respectively capable of carrying a gimbal.

It just hurts a lot with my XG Pro v2 with no spare parts still. very tempted to buy another full set.
etegration is offline Find More Posts by etegration