New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 14, 2015, 08:05 PM
Find More Posts by GiusedtoBe
Tennessee
Joined Apr 2009
6,181 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by paladin-34 View Post
just remember its a Messerschmitt so it reserves the right to make you look like a rank armature when ever there is a crowd.

Couldn't agree more with this statement. I've already decided I will only fly this in perfect conditions(at least for maiden) which means it will be a glorified static display. I have too many planes and not near enough good weather and time to fly them anyway.
GiusedtoBe is offline Find More Posts by GiusedtoBe
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 14, 2015, 08:09 PM
Tennessee
Joined Apr 2009
6,181 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tclaridge View Post
I wanna see pics of your mods and details GiusedtoBe. Please share as you go.
T are you in East TN? For some reason I'm thinking you are one of the local flyers I haven't met.

Alan
Old Apr 20, 2015, 11:09 AM
Find More Posts by noradtux
Germany, SH, Rellingen
Joined Sep 2010
30 Posts
Flaps: making take-offs easy

Hi,
this bird used to give me quite a headache on take-off, being hard to keep on course during the take-off run and requiring quite some speed.

Yesterday I finally tried to use half-deployed flaps, and it did wonders . While the plane still likes to go left it is much easier to control and the tendency to drop the left wing if pulling too early has disappeared
It doesn't even require full throttle, at least on my setup (Ramoser 17,5" 3-blade on 370kV Hacker A60).
noradtux is online now Find More Posts by noradtux
Old Apr 20, 2015, 11:24 AM
Find More Posts by paladin-34
This area for rent
Vestal, NY
Joined May 2006
1,008 Posts
so has anyone painted over this covering with loews or home despot paint?

Joe
paladin-34 is offline Find More Posts by paladin-34
Old Apr 20, 2015, 12:12 PM
Tennessee
Joined Apr 2009
6,181 Posts
Quote:
so has anyone painted over this covering with loews or home despot paint?

Joe
That is my plan but I'll be awhile. I think if you roughed it up a tad the latex would adhere well.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 02:19 PM
Find More Posts by Fish99
Flying addicted and lovin it!
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Jun 2010
2,801 Posts
Did the maiden on mine yesterday with my 20cc gaser. It went very well but for a mid flight canopy ejection. I did not have the cowl on as I wanted easier tuning. Not smart. 6 mins in the air got under it and off came the canopy. Got it back so all good.

Take off was pretty much a non event. Little rudder and she smoothly took to the air. Very stable and quick flyer with no issues in the air. The wind got crazy just after I took off gusting up and almost going directly cross wind to the field. Landing was an ugly one but I got her down and taxied home so all good. Overall super happy with this plane.

Marlin
Fish99 is offline Find More Posts by Fish99
Old Apr 20, 2015, 11:35 PM
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Jun 2010
2,801 Posts
Despite the maiden having taken place, I was not quite done my build until TONIGHT! Finally got the cowl nice and trimmed up so that I can adjust the high idle while on the ground. (Did not put a hole in it for low idle, but if I need to adjust that I will simply drill one into the other side of the cowl, in fact might do that tomorrow night just to be safe!)

As I mentioned before the CAN for the muffler sticks out quite a way below the cowl and out the bottom of the left side a bit. As a result, the yellow chin scoop did not look like it was going to fit. I did a little checking tonight, and with some fine dremel work to the left side, and to let the exhaust pipes come out and still be able to be removed if necessary, I managed to get it on. It actually looks awesome, I am very pleased with the results.

Retracts are completely set up now. I am SOOO glad I stuck with the plan and did not mess with them on the maiden flight. I had not actually fully retracted and extended them on the bench. When I did the did they went into the wells but the left side retract stuck a bit in the well. Come time to drop them the left one stay in the well!!!! It would NOT come out as the binding from the rubber tire on the lip was JUST enough to stop it.

Not a big deal on the ground, minor adjustment to the mount and it is working great now, but wow, that would have completely sucked on the maiden!

Bottom line, she is tuned and running nice, looking good, and completely built! I am totally pumped for the next flight.

Will try to get the maiden flight vid up soon for those who might be interested, as well as a bit of a look at the finished product.

Marlin
Old Apr 21, 2015, 12:22 PM
Find More Posts by HobbyKingCSNYC
United States, NY, Brentwood
Joined Dec 2013
370 Posts
Quote:
its a messerschmitt so it reserves the right to make you look like a rank armature when ever there is a crowd.
ha!
HobbyKingCSNYC is offline Find More Posts by HobbyKingCSNYC
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 25, 2015, 10:18 PM
Find More Posts by Enterprise206
Joined Nov 2011
19 Posts
whats the motor u see in the pictures on the website?
Enterprise206 is offline Find More Posts by Enterprise206
Old Apr 27, 2015, 09:02 AM
Tennessee
Joined Apr 2009
6,181 Posts
Fish please post pics. I'd like to see how the cowl mounts and how it looks finished.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 11:31 PM
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Jun 2010
2,801 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiusedtoBe View Post
Fish please post pics. I'd like to see how the cowl mounts and how it looks finished.
On the road foe a couple days but will put some pics up when I get back. Actually quite happy with how it turned out given this is only my second fuel powered plane with cowling cutting.

Marlin