New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 30, 2015, 10:54 AM
Find More Posts by aldenyuan
Canada, AB, Calgary
Joined Aug 2012
114 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniirwan View Post
Very nice, alden. From your video, the Yak seems to fly well & is able to handle the gusting wind with not much trouble it'd seem. I guess more & more people will convert their power system to 3s on their Yaks soon enough

I have the CF2812 motor on a wing but it gave me some trouble, namely the small set screws that holds the motor shaft to the motor mount gets loose in flight. Luckily I was able to bring the wing down before the motor detached fully. Some folks substitute the tiny grub screws with M3 screws as they're much easier to handle. I did that but then my motor ran rough..I guess I overtightened the M3 screws too much on the shaft and a bearing got a damaged I think.

Have you had any issues with that?
Thanks, daniirwan. I really can't take all the credit for the gust handling, the wonderful Lemon Stabilizer deserves the spotlight in this case.

As for the CF28xx motor mount, I highly recommend the FMS 800mm warbird motor mount. It's a drop-in fit for those CF28xx motors and the two big set screws make a big difference for securing the motor.
aldenyuan is online now Find More Posts by aldenyuan
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 31, 2015, 01:00 PM
Find More Posts by daniirwan
Freezes when panicking
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Joined Mar 2007
470 Posts
Thanks alden. How's your experience with the Lemon Stabilizer? Is it the 6ch ones? I've only ever bought their feather light 6ch rx. 2 arrived DOA but they replaced it quickly enough. Other than that, they appear to be good rx's.
daniirwan is offline Find More Posts by daniirwan
Old Apr 01, 2015, 11:02 AM
Canada, AB, Calgary
Joined Aug 2012
114 Posts
I really like the stabilization performance of the Lemon Stabilizers. I have three best fliers in my fleet (Yak is one of them), all are equipped with (or benefited from) the Lemon Stabilizers. I also have one in my worst flyer, and it made her fly decently. Those are the only 4 Lemon products that I have purchased, and no quality issues at all. My only gripe with Lemon is the exclusive use of DSM protocol, I really hope they come up with some standalone stabilizers to use with other RX protocols.
Old Apr 01, 2015, 11:21 AM
Find More Posts by daniirwan
Freezes when panicking
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Joined Mar 2007
470 Posts
What was your worst flyer, alden? And what are the other 2 best fliers in your hangar besides the Yak 12?

Yup, I intended to try out the Lemon rx+stabilizer some time ago when I got my OrangeRx DSM2/X module, but never got the chance. And now even more so as the module went FUBAR all of a sudden last week Yup, sure wish LemonRx would come with a standalone stabilizer.

There are a few alternatives out there...e.g the P1 gyro. Heard of that one? I've only just discovered it. And also the Feiyu stuff. But the Lemon has got them beat regarding price of course.
daniirwan is offline Find More Posts by daniirwan
Old Apr 06, 2015, 03:09 PM
Canada, AB, Calgary
Joined Aug 2012
114 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniirwan View Post
What was your worst flyer, alden? And what are the other 2 best fliers in your hangar besides the Yak 12?

Yup, I intended to try out the Lemon rx+stabilizer some time ago when I got my OrangeRx DSM2/X module, but never got the chance. And now even more so as the module went FUBAR all of a sudden last week Yup, sure wish LemonRx would come with a standalone stabilizer.

There are a few alternatives out there...e.g the P1 gyro. Heard of that one? I've only just discovered it. And also the Feiyu stuff. But the Lemon has got them beat regarding price of course.
The other 2 best fliers in my fleet are the HK 650mm BF109:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...arehouse_.html
and Sonic Modell 680mm FW190:
http://www.sonicmodell.com/en/produc...ail.asp?id=114

Both planes are extremely light being EPS construction, and no bad tendencies. With a modified power system and assistance of a gyro, they both have a very wide flying envelop and gave me a big grin on my face every time I took them out.

My worst flyer is the HK 650mm FW190D:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...50mm_ARF_.html

This is the one I use the CF2812 as a "nose weight" . The wing is very thin while wing loading is significantly higher due to EPO construction. She's extremely sensitive to any control input, and I have to fly her very fast yet she still drops her nose or a wing very easily in a banked turn even with the Lemon Stabilizer.

As you can see, I'm really into tiny planes due to transportation difficulties (I'm only allowed to use the tiniest car in the garage for RC trips). The Yak12 is currently the biggest one in my fleet, and I have to be creative to fit her in the car.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 03:28 AM
Find More Posts by felixx
crash expert
New Zealand, Canterbury, Christchurch
Joined Apr 2014
370 Posts
I am tossing up between this and the wilga 2000 with floats..
Convince me either way.. please
felixx is online now Find More Posts by felixx
Old Apr 16, 2015, 08:25 PM
Find More Posts by Digital Don
United States, IL, Manteno
Joined Dec 2006
837 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by felixx View Post
I am tossing up between this and the wilga 2000 with floats..
Convince me either way.. please
I'm guessing you mean this from HobbyKing.

While I don't have any experience with that model, I really like this Wilga also from HobbyKing.

My Wilga is a 'cousin' of the Yak discussed in this forum, both are manufactured by EasySky and fly quite well especially in the huge indoor facility we have access to. I find the Wilga the more 'floaty' of the two but both are well behaved and a couple of my favorite planes.

You might want to check out the Wilga Thread here on RC Groups.

Don
Digital Don is offline Find More Posts by Digital Don
Old Apr 17, 2015, 06:50 AM
Find More Posts by felixx
crash expert
New Zealand, Canterbury, Christchurch
Joined Apr 2014
370 Posts
thanks Don, I just hit go on a wilga and will look at a yak next month
felixx is online now Find More Posts by felixx
Old Apr 25, 2015, 12:02 AM
Joined Dec 2006
837 Posts
I found another supplier of EasySky planes - A-Main. They have both the blue/yellow and white/blue color schemes available Their version - which they're calling 'PNP' - also includes a battery, charger, and AC adapter. And shipping is $1.99!

No spare parts are listed, but it's nice to have a choice of dealers.

Don
Old Apr 25, 2015, 12:28 AM
Find More Posts by HGhost
Eye in the Sky
United States, WV
Joined Sep 2013
2,170 Posts
Great to hear someone else is carrying the Yak and Wilga and at a Great price as well.

Excellent
HGhost is offline Find More Posts by HGhost
Old Apr 29, 2015, 09:24 PM
Find More Posts by HGhost
Eye in the Sky
United States, WV
Joined Sep 2013
2,170 Posts
Also noticed that EasySky has a micro line....

B-17 and P-38 and FW-90 .......now they grab my attention also.

http://www.amain.com/rc-airplanes/kits/c516
HGhost is offline Find More Posts by HGhost
Old Apr 30, 2015, 10:40 PM
Joined Dec 2006
837 Posts
I couldn't stand it any longer...

I have another Yak-12 on the way. This time it's from from A-Main!

Here's a picture of the full-scale version of the model I ordered. It's actually olive green and yellow. Pretty hard to tell the color of the model in the pictures I've seen, but it's listed as 'blue and yellow'.

Guess I'll find out next week!

Don
Last edited by Digital Don; Apr 30, 2015 at 11:20 PM.