HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 13, 2013, 12:06 AM
If it spins, wear it.
Northern Nevada
Joined Jan 2011
2,260 Posts
Hey Myko,
Glad you came out to meet me and fly. Was a good thing I shouted to Bill that you were a visitor, he told me he had you in his crosshairs and was going for a kill until I said that . Was a bit too cold Saturday and of course today was no wind and pretty nice at lunch time. Hope you come out and see us again next time, give me a shout if your coming out and we'll do it again. Get some time with that wing and you will be ready to tango with us next time
whirlcap is offline Find More Posts by whirlcap
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 14, 2013, 04:32 PM
fly 1 day, repair the next 3
United States, CA, San Mateo
Joined Dec 2012
163 Posts
Thanks for having me. As we drove off me and my wife turned to each other and said, almost at the same time, boy those guys were nice. Thanks for that.

I went to the old dump in Gardnerville to check out the field there. It's really nice. The best thing about it was there wasn't anyone trying to tell me how and where to fly. If you can get out there with nobody around its a very nice place.
Again, thanks for having us. The next time we are in the area we will look you up. Take care.
Myko is offline Find More Posts by Myko
Old Feb 14, 2013, 04:34 PM
fly 1 day, repair the next 3
United States, CA, San Mateo
Joined Dec 2012
163 Posts
And if you ever find yourself in the bay area, look me up and we will fly some really nice uncontrolled fields
Myko is offline Find More Posts by Myko
Old Feb 14, 2013, 07:24 PM
If it spins, wear it.
Northern Nevada
Joined Jan 2011
2,260 Posts
That sounds good Myko, I'll do that if I get out that way. There are some other Bay Area flyers I know from here on RCgroups. You should visit the micro RTF thread group and the sub-thread "The off topic Champ thread". Great bunch of guys over there and the topic is mostly RC planes but not just one model.
Old Feb 26, 2013, 10:24 AM
If it spins, wear it.
Northern Nevada
Joined Jan 2011
2,260 Posts
New video with hit.

Here is the latest from the park with a mid-air hit for a change. . Both wings are Assassin's and neither had any damage.
When Assassin's Colide (1 min 52 sec)
Old Feb 26, 2013, 02:29 PM
Crashmaster
United States, CA, Lakewood
Joined Jul 2012
199 Posts
Still looks fun, I wish my flying buddies would do combat.
Swammy1979 is offline Find More Posts by Swammy1979
Old Mar 16, 2013, 09:58 PM
If it spins, wear it.
Northern Nevada
Joined Jan 2011
2,260 Posts
Superfly smack down.

Drilled a Superfly hard the other day. Took me down too but no damage to my Assassin.
The Fly Swatter (1 min 17 sec)
Old Mar 19, 2013, 10:28 AM
If it spins, wear it.
Northern Nevada
Joined Jan 2011
2,260 Posts
Three Assassin's all go down within one lap

Latest video..
Three Wings Down (2 min 12 sec)
Old Mar 19, 2013, 02:16 PM
I hate waiting for parts
United States, NC, Garner
Joined Apr 2001
7,026 Posts
Our club is doing combat with Popwings... the 35" model. They are durable and easy to repair. We're having a blast! Here's mine... the first pic was when it was brand new. The 2nd pic is after many, many collisions, as you can see from the foam patches...
Mike_Then is offline Find More Posts by Mike_Then
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Thank you, veterans
Old Apr 04, 2013, 08:51 AM
I hate waiting for parts
Joined Apr 2001
7,026 Posts
I put a "gun camera" on my Popwing this past weekend. No collisions but I pulled a few stills out of the videos of close calls.

RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 04, 2013, 10:34 PM
If it spins, wear it.
Northern Nevada
Joined Jan 2011
2,260 Posts
Nice Mike! Glad to see your still at it. We are still hitting the park and each other. I stopped posting video because hits are becoming an event nearly every combat session. I have been saving them for a compilation video for the near future. We have reached a point that we anticipate each other's moves and evasion is becoming the tactic and claiming "kill" is taking priority The guy that fly's away is now the victor and the walk of shame has a new meaning. I hope you can come back and visit again soon.
Old Apr 06, 2013, 02:28 PM
I hate waiting for parts
Joined Apr 2001
7,026 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whirlcap View Post
Nice Mike! Glad to see your still at it. We are still hitting the park and each other. I stopped posting video because hits are becoming an event nearly every combat session. I have been saving them for a compilation video for the near future. We have reached a point that we anticipate each other's moves and evasion is becoming the tactic and claiming "kill" is taking priority The guy that fly's away is now the victor and the walk of shame has a new meaning. I hope you can come back and visit again soon.
Oh yeah, we fly 'em and smash 'em almost every weekend. Don't know why I never thought about putting my camera on it before. My MG servos came today which is a good thing because I've probably bought MG servo 10x over with all of the nylon-geared servos I've either stripped or destroyed...

I'll post more pics and/or a video once I get it!
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 07, 2013, 11:17 PM
I hate waiting for parts
Joined Apr 2001
7,026 Posts
We flew Popwing combat again today and I had the gun camera going. On the 2nd flight, I actually caught a collision between two club members on camera. It happened literally right in front of me. Check out the video below... it's a quick edit I threw together, nothing fancy. I'll do a longer/better one later. Enjoy!

Popwing combat (0 min 30 sec)
RCG Plus Member
Old May 05, 2013, 07:57 PM
If it spins, wear it.
Northern Nevada
Joined Jan 2011
2,260 Posts
Been a while since I've posted some combat video but we did some at a new place on Saturday. We brought our wings along to a place we did some 2 meter glider soaring and did some wing soaring too. I flew a motor-less Mini Popwing and also tried to soar the Assassin. The Assassin is a brick without a stiff breeze but will fly pretty well with the motor just off idle. My friend Bill was soaring with his Grim Reaper and as usual, it turned to combat
Mountain Side Combat (3 min 41 sec)
Old Jun 03, 2013, 11:45 PM View Post
edward gross
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Off Topic Advertisement. Show it to me anyway.