HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 04, 2012, 04:31 PM
Joined Jul 2008
61 Posts
Discussion
Blade 130X Problem Thread

I don't know if there is one yet, so I figured this would be a good start.

Picked up my 130X yesterday. GREAT heli, very quick, makes the MCPX look like a toy. On the second flight I got a weird tail wag, so I set it down only to discover I had no tail control. The servo was unsoldered. Resoldered it, but to no avail. Now I have a dead heli on one of the few days Horizon takes holiday. Crud.
3D4life is offline Find More Posts by 3D4life
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 04, 2012, 04:48 PM
United States, CA
Joined Jan 2012
1,470 Posts
Seven flights on mine and no problems. Knock on wood.

Update:

Crashed it onto grass from 10 feet. Canopy came off but, no damage.
J_skaggs is online now Find More Posts by J_skaggs
Last edited by J_skaggs; Jul 05, 2012 at 05:14 PM.
Old Jul 04, 2012, 08:46 PM
Joined Jul 2008
61 Posts
Just resoldered the tail servo. Got to try out some harder 3d and it seems like the tail is a tad weak for a few things, but an excellent flyer all around. Still calling horizon to let them know though.
Old Jul 04, 2012, 11:06 PM
West Boylston, MA
Joined Feb 2003
1,093 Posts
5 low-intensity (new to CP) flights. Couple hard impacts with hard objects. No vibes. No issues. (knock wood.)
marctrudeau is offline Find More Posts by marctrudeau
Old Jul 04, 2012, 11:26 PM
Joined Dec 2010
885 Posts
I've had a few flights on mine mostly FFF. Had one crash in grass and one of the links slipped out of the rod. was able to screw it back on, but haven't tried it since, had fireworks to prepare
Mizchief is offline Find More Posts by Mizchief
Old Jul 04, 2012, 11:31 PM
United States, UT, Farmington
Joined Aug 2011
1,427 Posts
Just flew mine in FFF a couple of times. I am new as well...but this thing feels as locked in as my 450x. I am very happy.
sirzeppu is online now Find More Posts by sirzeppu
Old Jul 05, 2012, 12:01 AM
United States, CA
Joined Jan 2012
1,470 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3D4life View Post
Just resoldered the tail servo. Got to try out some harder 3d and it seems like the tail is a tad weak for a few things, but an excellent flyer all around. Still calling horizon to let them know though.
I would ask HH for a new servo. Even if you don't need it now you would have it for a spare.
Old Jul 05, 2012, 02:02 PM
Joined Jul 2008
61 Posts
Waiting on a call back. Flew it again today, just simple hovering inverted hovering, and towards the end of the flight it started making quick pirouettes. Brought it back down(not a hard landing) and discovered that the tail servo had once again become unsoldered. So the waiting begins. Anybody else having trouble with theirs?
Old Jul 05, 2012, 03:26 PM
Joined Jul 2008
61 Posts
HH is sending a new servo.
Old Jul 05, 2012, 05:46 PM
United States, MO, Raymore
Joined Nov 2011
242 Posts
Mine was a problem

popcorn
bradharvy is offline Find More Posts by bradharvy
Last edited by bradharvy; Jul 15, 2012 at 11:31 PM.
Old Jul 05, 2012, 08:57 PM
United States, CA
Joined Jan 2012
1,470 Posts
I understand the safety issue with the tail blade breaking and flying off but, we're not hearing wide spread complaints of this. Could this be an isolated incident like the report of tail servo shaft nuts backing off? Take your shots. I have my bullet proof vest on.
Old Jul 05, 2012, 09:14 PM
Joined Jul 2012
1 Posts
Flew the heli twice, no problems. Got a new battery so fired it up and found I had no tail control. With the throttle off, the tail servo works normally giving the correct inputs when the rudder stick is moved. Push the throttle to 50% and no rudder. Bring the throttle to idle, and a second or two after the blades stop, the tail servo kicks in. The whole thing is repeatable.
mrski154 is offline Find More Posts by mrski154
Old Jul 05, 2012, 09:42 PM
Joined Dec 2010
885 Posts
Hmm sounds like a bad board. Assuming you have your Tx settings correct.
Mizchief is offline Find More Posts by Mizchief
Old Jul 06, 2012, 02:00 AM
Joined Jul 2008
61 Posts
It may be similar to what I encountered with the MCPX when it came out. The board loses a channel or goes out of bind when it gets a good amount of power running through it.
Old Jul 06, 2012, 10:07 AM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,839 Posts
That sounds like a bad power connection perhaps. Could be bad solder joint at the main power leads at battery end or the main board end. I know I have found this on the mCPX and also the mCPX leads are only secured to the main board with a bit of silicon rubber toserve as a strain relief which is not really all that secure IMO. The leads tend to be a bit short and it is difficult to connect and disconnect the battery without pulling on them. I put a longer length of heat shrink on the battery end of the leads while I am resoldering them and also use hot glue to secure the leads to the main board.

Charles
everydayflyer is offline Find More Posts by everydayflyer