staib is offline Find More Posts by staib
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 14, 2013, 01:53 PM
London,UK
Joined Jun 2001
344 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithonion View Post
...I have skimmed through most of the thread and decided after reading the good and bad to get this quad.
Excellent news and welcome. The beauty of a quad is that it can be flown almost anywhere at any time...

I too stripped the FPV gear from an EasyStar to place it on this quad...

What were you flying before?

Cheers,
Nick
Old Feb 14, 2013, 01:53 PM
France, Aquitaine, Bordeaux
Joined Dec 2012
128 Posts
luckily my order is not processed ...

Long live the Chinese New Year

I sent an email, I will send another with the address paypal has ...
h.300 is offline Find More Posts by h.300
Old Feb 14, 2013, 05:09 PM
Have you seen my nut?
Omaha, Nebraska
Joined Mar 2006
2,417 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by staib View Post
Excellent news and welcome. The beauty of a quad is that it can be flown almost anywhere at any time...

I too stripped the FPV gear from an EasyStar to place it on this quad...

What were you flying before?

Cheers,
Nick
Was flying a Skywalker.
Lithonion is offline Find More Posts by Lithonion
Old Feb 14, 2013, 09:10 PM
St-Colomban, Quebec CANADA
Joined Feb 2013
96 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave0761 View Post
I finally gave up with the multiwii programing. I decided to pick up a Naza-M at the recommendation of my local hobby shop. Just as a check I plugged in only one speed controller into the RX . Nothing else plugged into the receiver just one ecs at a time and discovered that only one motor actually worked. I tried each motor on that ecs and they worked. I resoldered everything now hey presto not one works. I think I should have stuck to my nitro fix wing.
Thanks to everyone for all your help. After much messing around I got the thing to work. It now has a Naza-M FC, 20 Amp ESC's and 10 inch props. It is really stable and all I have to do now is get a camera mount. Thanks again.
Dave0761 is offline Find More Posts by Dave0761
Old Feb 15, 2013, 10:43 AM
who put that tree there
Joined Jun 2010
808 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave0761 View Post
Thanks to everyone for all your help. After much messing around I got the thing to work. It now has a Naza-M FC, 20 Amp ESC's and 10 inch props. It is really stable and all I have to do now is get a camera mount. Thanks again.
glad to hear..
how you like your naza,
i got the naza with gps and its a delight to fly..
once im used to quad flying,then shall invest in fpv gear to add..
dazza44 is offline Find More Posts by dazza44
Old Feb 15, 2013, 01:42 PM
London,UK
Joined Jun 2001
344 Posts
NAZA + GPS is on my 'future treats' list, but for now am trying to learn what I can with the iFly...

Did my first full FPV flight this morning

Quite an adrenaline buzz settling down on a bench with goggles on and then up, up, and awaying...

I found it harder than I thought and probably more challenging than LOS flying, as well as trickier than FPV flying in a plane, as planes hardly ever fly backwards and sideways, as you slow down for landing...

After zooming around for a while, I landed a bit heavily, and bent one of the alloy skids (now straightened) - no other damage, so all set for another flight tomorrow
Old Feb 15, 2013, 01:56 PM
France, Aquitaine, Bordeaux
Joined Dec 2012
128 Posts
Small flight today
And, small problem, during flight, I have "failures"
in hover, I have micro cut
That bothers not, but, it is not normal

ifly 4
h.300 is offline Find More Posts by h.300
Old Feb 15, 2013, 05:47 PM
Australia, VIC, North Geelong
Joined Nov 2012
21 Posts
Smart Quads

Hi Guys
Found this on Youtube thought it might be of interest the way quads ect are going
Raffaello D'Andrea at ZURICH.MINDS -- Feedback Control and the Coming Machine Revolution (23 min 37 sec)

Trev
scudlly is offline Find More Posts by scudlly
Old Feb 15, 2013, 06:17 PM
London,UK
Joined Jun 2001
344 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by h.300 View Post
Small flight today
And, small problem, during flight, I have "failures"
in hover, I have micro cut...
What exactly happened? Are you describing esc/motor failures or could this be Tx or Rx problems/interference, or an FC issue? Were you in stable mode or trying 'height hold'?
Old Feb 15, 2013, 06:53 PM
who put that tree there
Joined Jun 2010
808 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scudlly View Post
Hi Guys
Found this on Youtube thought it might be of interest the way quads ect are going
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4IJXAVXgIo
Trev
very interesting...
Old Feb 16, 2013, 12:16 AM
Have you seen my nut?
Omaha, Nebraska
Joined Mar 2006
2,417 Posts
I watched that whole video. That was awsome!!
Lithonion is offline Find More Posts by Lithonion
Old Feb 16, 2013, 12:39 AM
St-Colomban, Quebec CANADA
Joined Feb 2013
96 Posts
I spent about an hour hovering my quad over at a friends tonight. When I came home I wanted to show my son how well it performs. I fired it up and imeadiatly went out of control. I have done several test flights and find as soon as i give it some throttle from a hover it goes crazy hard over. I'm thinking that I have one bad motor. Any suggestions?
Dave0761 is offline Find More Posts by Dave0761
Old Feb 16, 2013, 03:46 AM
Hawaii
Joined Jan 2004
187 Posts
do an individual motor test from the computer. I bet two motors are running at the same time. It's like the address for the speed controller is mixed up by the flight controller. Mine does the same and I moved the speed controller to different corners and then that motor would run at the same time as motor 1. I ordered a new controller for the corner that was running but it hasn't gotten to me yet. Three weeks and counting. Hopefully that fixes it but I don't have much faith in this quad. The speed controllers seem to be pretty over stressed at ten amps.
S.Whitey is offline Find More Posts by S.Whitey
Old Feb 16, 2013, 06:13 AM
who put that tree there
Joined Jun 2010
808 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.Whitey View Post
do an individual motor test from the computer. I bet two motors are running at the same time. It's like the address for the speed controller is mixed up by the flight controller. Mine does the same and I moved the speed controller to different corners and then that motor would run at the same time as motor 1. I ordered a new controller for the corner that was running but it hasn't gotten to me yet. Three weeks and counting. Hopefully that fixes it but I don't have much faith in this quad. The speed controllers seem to be pretty over stressed at ten amps.
the esc im not liking too gets a little to hot for my liking..
wish could replace em somehow without changing the fc board..