Old Oct 08, 2014, 08:35 AM
I'd rather be flying..
South Africa, WC, Cape Town
Joined Jul 2009
226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4446 View Post
Ya the servos are really crap.
had it hanging too for a while and decided yesterday to re setup everything and pick it up again. Mine is the PNF btw stock.

The conditions were not ideal at the place I was flying with lots of wind shadow and rotors. Nevertheless I had one introductory no nerve flight again after so long, brought it down and decided to 3d it a bit...not happy....

it felt exactly as you describe a bit further above; fkn unstable like the cg was moving back and forth and had a mind of its own...Apart from hovering I couldn't pull any single 3d maneuver gracefully. KE where all over the place, spins would not lock and even a simple wall was impossible.

Anyway, brought it down and from 1ft it dropped a wing and nosed in. Result bent motor shaft $%^$#$%#$

I looked around and I found that the servos would not center correctly, battery ok and strapped in and the firewall was blown in...

In short I really think this plane needs a better motor and better servos that will actually center in one place and longer aileron servo arms to maximize throws,.

I'm thinking of a hacker a30 10xl i have laying around and some metal gear servos for rudder and ailerons at least.

Any thoughts guys for the above? Also can anybody share ballpark setup for the tx (got a 9x) like mixes, coupling and did you follow the setup appendix sheet? I really dont want to spend 20 flights to set it up again and no I dont expect it to fly like the acromaster....

i'd appreciate any pointers
I can't give any tips on mixes as I don't use any mixing in any of my planes.. Just make sure that the servos you get have enough torque. I had MG90's all round and even they weren't centering properly.
Casllab is offline Find More Posts by Casllab
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 18, 2014, 06:52 PM
Joined Oct 2014
1 Posts
Hi all, I just got my first mx2 and yet to fly it so I done a little undercarage mod. when the wings are fitted it feels very sturdy so hope it works.

bri_on_1 is offline Find More Posts by bri_on_1