Old Jul 06, 2016, 01:44 PM
Find More Posts by adamalbert
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jan 2005
54 Posts
Question
Flyzone Micro Calypso, Binding rudder/elevator

Hello,
I have a new Micro Calypso. The rudder and elevator movements are jerky like the the controls are binding. There is a very noticeable delay between full right and full left, In slower movements the rudder and elevator seem to be moving in steps instead of linear.
I have checked the servo wire exit from the fuselage and the servo wire 'guide' half way down the tail. Neither seem to be the cause.
I am looking for other ideas before I disassemble the fuselage(which I would like to avoid)
Thank you,
Adam
adamalbert is offline Find More Posts by adamalbert
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 08, 2016, 11:44 AM
Find More Posts by CorvetteC5
Kokomo, Indiana
Joined Jun 2008
989 Posts
Maybe loosening the hinge joints of the elevator and rudder would help with the binding. Should be easy enough to unhook the control rod at the control horn and then flex the control surfaces to their extremes a few times to loosen the foam hinges.

While disconnected, exercise the servos and confirm they are smooth. If they are not then look for binding from the control rods around the fuselage exits.
CorvetteC5 is offline Find More Posts by CorvetteC5
Old Jul 09, 2016, 05:17 PM
Joined Jan 2005
54 Posts
good idea, thanks
Old Jul 18, 2016, 01:25 PM
Joined Jan 2005
54 Posts
solved

The issue was two fold.
The servo rods were binding on the supplied guide, even if they appears loose enough. I replaced them with tubes.
The second issue were the rods binding as the exited the fuselage. I piece of tape at the exit point reduced friction enough to fix it.
Thanks
Old Jul 23, 2016, 01:21 PM
Find More Posts by CorvetteC5
Kokomo, Indiana
Joined Jun 2008
989 Posts
Nice!
CorvetteC5 is offline Find More Posts by CorvetteC5