SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 10, 2014, 11:44 PM
Joined Jul 2007
371 Posts
Discussion
GetFPV online store.. Any good?

Hi everyone

I ordered from these guys but im disappointed in their non replies to my emails and their tracking sucks really. Readymade and others update the tracking in a day or so. This one is still showing as "notified for pickup". I ordered and paid on the 6th of March.

Should i deal with these guys in future?
mons2b is offline Find More Posts by mons2b
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 11, 2014, 02:11 AM
CLEVELAND,OHIO
Joined Feb 2003
476 Posts
I dealt with them just once,But I emailed them on a Sunday,Got a reply monday. Then later that week I put a order in friday,got email with order confirmation,then soon after that a shipping confirmation with tracking. It showed up monday. This is my only time dealing with them,but I cant complain. Based on my order I would shop again. Bummer you had a bad experience,but maybe more while chime in.
ProfitOfDoom is offline Find More Posts by ProfitOfDoom
Old Mar 11, 2014, 03:35 AM
Joined Jul 2007
371 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfitOfDoom View Post
I dealt with them just once,But I emailed them on a Sunday,Got a reply monday. Then later that week I put a order in friday,got email with order confirmation,then soon after that a shipping confirmation with tracking. It showed up monday. This is my only time dealing with them,but I cant complain. Based on my order I would shop again. Bummer you had a bad experience,but maybe more while chime in.
Thanks for that ProfitofDoom. Appreciated.
mons2b is offline Find More Posts by mons2b
Old Mar 11, 2014, 04:23 AM
United States, CA, Orange County
Joined Apr 2013
88 Posts
I accidentally ordered the wrong product from them once, I wanted their lens protector for gopro2 but accidentally ordered the gopro3 protector. I emailed them in the evening and the next morning they responded and fixed my order. They were friendly and I ordered from them another time without any problems
thehelidude is online now Find More Posts by thehelidude
Old Mar 11, 2014, 07:04 AM
Watch out for that tree!!!
Joined Feb 2014
534 Posts
ive done 4 orders from them from usa to australia really happy with their service shipping was fast! one order did have something missing and they refunded me the cost of the item, i would order from andy and tim again. ryhza
ryzha is offline Find More Posts by ryzha
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Blackout Mini H
Old Mar 11, 2014, 12:32 PM
Portland, OR
Joined Feb 2007
1,356 Posts
I ordered a lot rorm them, no issues at all and fast shipping.
WBFlyer is offline Find More Posts by WBFlyer
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 11, 2014, 05:59 PM
The lunatic is on the grass
Joined Aug 2008
4,927 Posts
I've ordered from them and had good service,order shipped quick (usa) and tracking worked fine.
Been using their dvr and it works fine for me,got one of their camera cases and put a PZ0420 in it and other than it being a metal case and a bit more heavy than just using the board cam the case works good,i'll do business with them in the future.
ridgewalker is online now Find More Posts by ridgewalker
Old Mar 11, 2014, 06:19 PM
Joined Sep 2007
776 Posts
I have placed many orders with GetFPV and have had no problems.
benderfly is online now Find More Posts by benderfly
Old Mar 11, 2014, 07:12 PM
United States, NJ, Jersey City
Joined Jan 2014
10 Posts
Getfpv is my go to shop. Tim is really great and he is an active poster on this site if I'm not mistaken. I've done most of my ordering through them and I'm super satisfied. I tend to order everything overnight delivery, so I can't say anything has ever come late.
evilic0n is offline Find More Posts by evilic0n
Old Mar 11, 2014, 11:20 PM
AMA member since May 2013
United States, CA, Petaluma
Joined May 2013
1,384 Posts
4 orders and no problems at all. They replaced a defective (scratched) product for me quickly with no hassles.
Supreme Balloon is offline Find More Posts by Supreme Balloon
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 12, 2014, 02:14 PM
Joined Aug 2013
11 Posts
Never had to email them, but the two times I've ordered from them I have gotten my order amazon prime fast. Just wish they carried more of what I need.
Smartparts is offline Find More Posts by Smartparts
Old Mar 13, 2014, 11:04 AM
Engineer for Christ
Amherst, VA
Joined Jun 2006
10,542 Posts
Get FPV is a fairly large vendor. Probably the third largest FPV specific vendor in the World. For a business their size, their support is very good.

_Alex
IBCrazy is offline Find More Posts by IBCrazy
Old Mar 13, 2014, 01:49 PM
United States, FL, Ocklawaha
Joined Apr 2009
57 Posts
getfpv

I've been waiting to see if someone else would bring this up or if it was just me.
Even though I live in Florida, I've had serious shipping issues with this company. First order went all around Fl from their store in Sarasota to West Palm Beach (South) into Orlando (Central) then up to Jacksonville (North) over 10 days of scuttling. You'd think I'd learn but no, I placed 2 more orders that took nearly as long. After getting oh well ho hum answers from both getfpv and the USPS I decided to try RangeVideo down in Miami. 2 days to get order to front door! Dunno, might be where I live but still... RMRC and RV have exclusive products that have very high ratings and Hobby Wireless is another shop I'm very pleased with.
So MAYBE if you live far enough away from getfpv, you'll getfpv in a timely manner.
They do supply updated tracking but it didn't help me - only made me growl watching my packages bounce around Florida.
In comparison to other 6 fpv companies in U.S. I deal with - I'd rate them 1 out of 5 for shipping. I wouldn't do business with them again.

Look back at thread date March http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2119683
propnator is offline Find More Posts by propnator
Last edited by propnator; Mar 13, 2014 at 04:55 PM. Reason: more
Old Mar 14, 2014, 03:42 AM
Multicopter Crash Tester
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Apr 2012
204 Posts
Never had a Problem with em
Amfamora is offline Find More Posts by Amfamora
Old Mar 16, 2014, 03:16 PM
14s 180mah should be enough...
United States, NC, Pfafftown
Joined Feb 2001
3,693 Posts
Ordered my Taranis as soon as I got the in stock notification, and had a tracking number the next day. Had the radio in my hands 4 days after ordering.

I'll use them again
IFLYOS is online now Find More Posts by IFLYOS