Old Dec 09, 2011, 10:24 PM
Airplane crasher
USA, CT, Shelton
Joined Jan 2008
2,732 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by racie34 View Post
I think it's awesome!
Thanks Bruce. I think its looking pretty good too. Hope to have something ready for cutting in a week or so
CapMike is offline Find More Posts by CapMike
Old Dec 10, 2011, 07:15 AM
Airplane crasher
USA, CT, Shelton
Joined Jan 2008
2,732 Posts
Thought I would post a little of the construction of the fuselage. I did this in the typical PSM fashion This is just in Autocad so no wood has been cut as of yet but it gives an idea of how easy it will be to contruct
Old Dec 10, 2011, 07:59 AM
road wart
United States, CT, Stonington
Joined Aug 2003
2,911 Posts
Love it!
racie34 is offline Find More Posts by racie34
Old Jan 10, 2012, 09:04 AM
Airplane crasher
USA, CT, Shelton
Joined Jan 2008
2,732 Posts
I am currently recovering from back surgery so can not do much for very long on the computer to do design work. I want to get this done so badly. I might have my buddy Zeke finish it off for me.
Old Jan 10, 2012, 09:09 AM
road wart
Joined Aug 2003
2,911 Posts
I can relate to back probs for sure....I hope it gets better.......cmon Zeke! help a guy out!
Old Jan 17, 2012, 03:23 AM
United States, MI, Taylor
Joined Mar 2009
141 Posts
Take your time. First take care of yourself. When you are able, get the plane ready for us.
I really like the Kingfisher. Would like to have one to take out to the campground. They have a lake that is begging for more electric planes.
I fly off the water quite often and don't think I will worry about a functional a landing gear. Might mount a set of light tired against the fuselage to look like a retracted gear though.
You have my interest. I'll stay tuned.
Dave
Detroit Dave is offline Find More Posts by Detroit Dave
Old Jan 17, 2012, 07:56 AM
Airplane crasher
USA, CT, Shelton
Joined Jan 2008
2,732 Posts
Thanks Dave. I try to get a little done but as a teacher once said. The brain will only work for as long as the butt can withstand. Rather than my butt its my back but same thing here. I can only sit for limited amounts of time. My thoughts about the gear is that at a pond if there is a beach it would be cool to taxi into the water, retract the gear and then take off. Makes it versatile too because if there isn't water you can still fly the plane
Old Jan 18, 2012, 10:15 AM
United States, MI, Taylor
Joined Mar 2009
141 Posts
I am already looking at what I will build next winter and this is one that will be on the list. I an just finishing up building a new Gee Bee Sea Hawk. I built the first one in 2003 and it's time for a new one. The glow fuel and water have done a job on it.
I have a Hog Bipe waiting to get started when the Hawk clears the table.
Lots of time for your back to get better and then work on the plane.
I'll be watching.

Dave
Detroit Dave is offline Find More Posts by Detroit Dave
Old Jan 18, 2012, 01:09 PM
Airplane crasher
USA, CT, Shelton
Joined Jan 2008
2,732 Posts
Thanks Dave. I am slowly doing things on the drawing but it is a slow process as I can't get comfortable all the time. BUt it will get done soon enough and then I can get the test kit cut
Old Feb 07, 2012, 07:16 PM
road wart
Joined Aug 2003
2,911 Posts
I think Mike is getting closer !! great!
Old Feb 07, 2012, 09:27 PM
Airplane crasher
USA, CT, Shelton
Joined Jan 2008
2,732 Posts
Yes I am. The redesigned pod and cowl are done now to make the framework. The pod and cowl have been sent out to have a mold made. I have decided that the pod and cowl will be vacuformed. This will allow for uniformity and make it easier to build.
Old Feb 07, 2012, 09:41 PM
a.k.a. skcope
Trumbull, CT
Joined Feb 2007
311 Posts
Hi Mike-
I think the Kingfisher is a great design to be modeled as you have proposed. There used to be a 1/4 scale version that showed up at the Brimfield Hydro Meet years ago and it flew very well. I believe I have the construction article from RCM- would you like me to scan it for you? It might give some ideas about ways you would like to design your prototype.
I hope you are doing well with your back. Are you doing physical therapy for it? I am a therapist in Trumbull and work for the OSM group. Good luck with the build- I'll be watching.
-Scott
AVGDAY is online now Find More Posts by AVGDAY
Old Feb 07, 2012, 10:22 PM
Airplane crasher
USA, CT, Shelton
Joined Jan 2008
2,732 Posts
SKCope sent you a pm. I have most of the parts drawn up and just needed to get the engine pod done. Tomorrow I will make the formers that will hold the pod skins and then begin laying out the parts to be cut after I get the design verified.
I did get a set of plans from Bruce (Racie) that I used to create the fuselage and wing in a 3d model. Then planned out how I wanted to create the parts. With some luck I should have this ready for cutting by the time th plugs come in.
Old Mar 05, 2012, 07:41 PM
Fly Lite Fly Right
Joined Aug 2004
1,150 Posts
Nice

I am very interested in your progress . The Anderson Kingfisher is one of my
favorites and I am flying seaplanes again . CapMike - is this something for sale
or I could get plans for when your done or what ?

Very Inerested

Keith
Happymcc is offline Find More Posts by Happymcc