HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 09, 2012, 10:20 PM
Epoxy Flyer
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Dec 2011
14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkrhardy View Post
Not much being said here. Any of you still trying to get all of the fixes done?
Don
Hi Don,

Maybe everyone is just enjoying flying the plane and not modifying it. I just put 3 more flights on mine today.

What are you flying these days? Do you have the HK SBach - seem to remember seeing you on that thread as well.

Regards, Nev
NiftyRC is offline Find More Posts by NiftyRC
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 11, 2012, 05:43 PM
United States, FL, The Villages
Joined Oct 2010
4,001 Posts
Hi Nev,
Nope, none of the big foamies for me. Tried 'em. A friend had a HK SBach and I may have said something to him on a thread.
I have a 55" 3DHS Extra, a 50" GP Edge 540, and I'm finishing up a 3DHS Yak 55. I still have the planes of old, in my timeline, a S Cub, Switch, Mini Ultra Stick, and a Bobcat50 that is still in the box. I had a nice 48" Super Sportster that I just sold (waaay too cheap) to a club member.
Don

edit: I did crash my favorite Extreme Flight Yak 54 a few weeks ago. Had it and didn't have it. Dumb thumbs? Post crash exam showed an aileron servo with a bad "click" in the center that wouldn't allow it to move. Did it happen in the crash? Not sure, of course, but ALL of the damage was in the fuselage forward of the wings. They, and the tail were just fine. All linkages were intact and no apparent trauma to the servo areas. So, I guess I can "claim" a bad servo! OR dumb thumbs.
dkrhardy is offline Find More Posts by dkrhardy
Last edited by dkrhardy; Nov 12, 2012 at 07:10 AM. Reason: info
Old Nov 11, 2012, 09:37 PM
I need a bigger shed..
Australia, TAS, Launceston
Joined Nov 2011
1,498 Posts
Mine needs strengthening to the undercarriage after my last crash repair a few months ago, but im too busy(or lazy) and haven't got around to it yet, otherwise all good.
sammyc is offline Find More Posts by sammyc
Old Nov 21, 2012, 01:33 AM
Epoxy Flyer
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Dec 2011
14 Posts
Hi Don, sorry to hear about the crash. Hope it's repairable.

How are you guys in South Africa going with your MX2s? Wingnutzster did you get your MX2 going?

Nev
NiftyRC is offline Find More Posts by NiftyRC
Last edited by NiftyRC; Nov 21, 2012 at 01:34 AM. Reason: typo
Old Nov 21, 2012, 01:49 AM
how'd I do that....oh
South Africa, GP, Pretoria
Joined May 2011
2,260 Posts
I've decided against this one.HK have brought out a new EPP MX2 looks very neat and similar to the 48" Skywing planes,and the vid I've seen looks like it flies just as similar and light.
HobbyKing Product Video - EPP 3D MX2 (1 min 25 sec)

started a thread if anyone is interested
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1773788
chop stiX is offline Find More Posts by chop stiX
Old Nov 21, 2012, 05:34 PM
devIAtion..one TX to bind them
Canada, ON, Georgina
Joined Aug 2011
1,103 Posts
Looks interesting, but it's a different plane altogether. I think for most people that pick up the big foam MX2 is that it looks like a balsa plane and has some size to it, but costs and repairs like a foam plane.

That's why I got it anyway, to practice for an even larger balsa kit when I get to that skill level. And it looks impressive in the hanger...
Hexperience is offline Find More Posts by Hexperience
Old Nov 22, 2012, 12:18 AM
how'd I do that....oh
Joined May 2011
2,260 Posts
understood though for the size I prefer a proper balsa kit.It's really all in the mind with balsa.and practice
I prefer flying my nice balsa planes much more than a foamy on any day,though it's nice to have a basher foamy to just huck around with
Old Nov 22, 2012, 09:35 AM
Joined Oct 2010
4,001 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiftyRC View Post

How are you guys in South Africa going with your MX2s? Wingnutzster did you get your MX2 going?

Nev
Not repairable, not by a long shot. If someone had fantastic building skills and a knack for figuring out what might have been forward of the wings .... maybe. Nope, it was introduced to Mr. Trashcan.
I have a 3DHS Yak55 in the build process.
Don
Old Nov 22, 2012, 09:40 AM
Caravan driver
Lanseria airport South Africa
Joined Oct 2005
422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiftyRC View Post

Nev
\
Still don't have one

I was contacted by a guy with one on offer but we just couldn't get to each other and then I found a local dealer who brings them in but at almost 4 times what you chaps pay for her....I am just as in love with this bird as ever but I don't know if I will ever get my hands on one. I considered scratch building one a little while ago but to replicate that color scheme in decals will be a pain in the ass second to none. Ooi vei
wingnutzster is offline Find More Posts by wingnutzster
Old Nov 22, 2012, 11:39 AM
how'd I do that....oh
Joined May 2011
2,260 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingnutzster View Post
\
Still don't have one

I was contacted by a guy with one on offer but we just couldn't get to each other and then I found a local dealer who brings them in but at almost 4 times what you chaps pay for her....I am just as in love with this bird as ever but I don't know if I will ever get my hands on one. I considered scratch building one a little while ago but to replicate that color scheme in decals will be a pain in the ass second to none. Ooi vei
get the EPP airframe
Old Nov 23, 2012, 02:24 AM
Caravan driver
Joined Oct 2005
422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chop stiX View Post
get the EPP airframe
haha - No offence mate I know what you may have there is a perfectly good airplane but that is not an MX2 - it is an EPP shock flier with the colors of an MX2
wingnutzster is offline Find More Posts by wingnutzster
Old Nov 25, 2012, 10:17 PM
Joined Oct 2010
4,001 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingnutzster View Post
haha - No offence mate I know what you may have there is a perfectly good airplane but that is not an MX2 - it is an EPP shock flier with the colors of an MX2
At a good price I would pass on this plane .... knowing what I know now. There are far better planes that cost more but are a far smaller pain in the arse! Trust me ... been there done that. I fly mostly 3DHS planes. Had a great Extreme Flight Yak also. One of my good ones is a Great Planes Edge540 also. Ya gets whats ya pays for.
Don
Old Dec 01, 2012, 05:45 PM
devIAtion..one TX to bind them
Canada, ON, Georgina
Joined Aug 2011
1,103 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkrhardy View Post
At a good price I would pass on this plane .... knowing what I know now. There are far better planes that cost more but are a far smaller pain in the arse! Trust me ... been there done that. I fly mostly 3DHS planes. Had a great Extreme Flight Yak also. One of my good ones is a Great Planes Edge540 also. Ya gets whats ya pays for.
Don
Yep, the GR Edge540 is the one I will get after the HK-MX2 has more glue than foam. In fact I plan to use all the electronics from the MX2 in the Edge. I do have a better set of servos for it though.
Hexperience is offline Find More Posts by Hexperience
Old Dec 12, 2012, 08:24 AM
Gaui X3, RTF Mini Quad
United States, MO, KC
Joined Jun 2011
3,522 Posts
Hmm, discontinued...
BladeScraper is online now Find More Posts by BladeScraper
Old Dec 12, 2012, 08:52 AM
Caravan driver
Joined Oct 2005