LcJ
Forever TMWT Pilot #11
United States, LA, Monroe
Joined Mar 2003
5,936 Posts
A thought:

Quote:
Mark 8:36
For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?
LcJ is offline Find More Posts by LcJ
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RC Logger's Eye One Xtreme Quad
Old Nov 22, 2010, 02:47 PM
Houston Ellington, Texas, United States
Joined Feb 2001
312 Posts
the amount of money she (or anyone else) makes bothers me not ... it's the blatant hypocrisy of the rich liberals that I find disturbing.
logan5 is online now Find More Posts by logan5
Old Nov 22, 2010, 03:10 PM
College Park, MD
Joined Sep 2002
4,714 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by logan5 View Post
the amount of money she (or anyone else) makes bothers me not ... it's the blatant hypocrisy of the rich liberals that I find disturbing.
What blatant hypocrisy might you be talking about?

It must be nice to be an internet forum poster, to be able to make such sweeping generalizations.
thunder1 is offline Find More Posts by thunder1
Old Nov 22, 2010, 03:15 PM
LcJ
Forever TMWT Pilot #11
Joined Mar 2003
5,936 Posts
Quote:
They made the money by selling their souls for it......that is the problem.....when you steal from many to give to a few and keep most of what you have stolen......you are the essence of what we have come to know as liberalism (the far left has control).
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 22, 2010, 03:16 PM
LcJ
Forever TMWT Pilot #11
Joined Mar 2003
5,936 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunder1 View Post

It must be nice to be an internet forum poster, to be able to make such sweeping generalizations.
Let us start with Charlie Rangel, Acorn, and the Freddie and Fannie boondoggle.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 22, 2010, 03:20 PM
Houston Ellington, Texas, United States
Joined Feb 2001
312 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunder1 View Post

How's about making gobs of money and talking about how others need to make sacrifices ... well ... others besides themselves.
logan5 is online now Find More Posts by logan5
Old Nov 22, 2010, 03:51 PM
Targeted and... FIRING !
United States, MI, Eastpointe
Joined Aug 2007
670 Posts
Hmmm... looks like you found one of those millionaires that are against tax cuts
D B Cooper is offline Find More Posts by D B Cooper
Old Nov 22, 2010, 04:46 PM
College Park, MD
Joined Sep 2002
4,714 Posts
Quote:
How's about making gobs of money and talking about how others need to make sacrifices ... well ... others besides themselves.
Actually, she didn't do that. The sacrifices she's talking about are related to taxes, not income. She's not asking millionaires to sacrifice income, just pay more taxes on that income. AFAIK, she isn't balking at paying those higher taxes herself. That's the main thing which would earn her the hypocrite label in this case.
Old Nov 22, 2010, 07:03 PM
Targeted and... FIRING !
Joined Aug 2007
670 Posts
Ahh. nice try but no. The hypocrite label comes from the fact that her (ridiculous) income comes straight out of everyone elses' incomes as taxes.
Old Nov 22, 2010, 07:10 PM
College Park, MD
Joined Sep 2002
4,714 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by D B Cooper View Post
Ahh. nice try but no. The hypocrite label comes from the fact that her (ridiculous) income comes straight out of everyone elses' incomes as taxes.
That's got nothing to with what she said. She obviously doesn't mind high tax levels, as she is advocating those at the top, obviously including herself, pay more taxes to lower the deficit. She's not concerned with lower spending, as you seem to think. She would be a hypocrite if she advocated lower government spending, which she's not.

Quote:
has issued a statement slamming proposed cuts
She doesn't like cuts, for obvious reasons.
Old Nov 22, 2010, 07:18 PM
Targeted and... FIRING !
Joined Aug 2007
670 Posts
Maybe if she wasn't pocketing a half million dollars a year out of the public treasury, everyone else wouldn't need to pay so much in taxes to keep the government leeches fat.
Old Nov 22, 2010, 07:46 PM
College Park, MD
Joined Sep 2002
4,714 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by D B Cooper View Post
Maybe if she wasn't pocketing a half million dollars a year out of the public treasury, everyone else wouldn't need to pay so much in taxes to keep the government leeches fat.
Fine, but that's not what she's arguing. So she shouldn't be held up to that standard, and called a hypocrite for it.
Old Nov 22, 2010, 08:10 PM
Targeted and... FIRING !
Joined Aug 2007
670 Posts
No. She's arguing that everyone else should have to dig deeper, shell out more, and reduce their standard of living so she can live high on the hog at their expense.

The fact is, nobody on the public payolls need to be getting paid a penny more than our military servicemen in combat are being paid. If they decide that's not enough for them, then they can simply hit the bricks and go find a real job.
Old Nov 22, 2010, 08:26 PM
Targeted and... FIRING !
Joined Aug 2007
670 Posts
I bet being a fatcat union boss is more satisfying than being in Mr. Hightower's shoes...

http://freedomeden.blogspot.com/2010...er-e-mail.html

Quote:
Subject: Our School of Chaos

These comments are meant for all who work at Phillis Wheatly School. I don't feel that our school has a learning environment anymore. I find it as a place of chaos, unruliness, and a place that I now dislike coming to.

We have to find some way of getting things back on track. About 75% of our 5th - 8th grade students don't listen to anyone, that includes the Administrators. There seems to be no support of any kind. Children are allowed to call the shots (that's what it seems like). I've worked for MPS for almost 20 years now and I've never seen things so bad. All the Fighting, Cursing, Disrespect and Threats towards staff and other students has to/ and needs to stop ASAP; children are allowed to walk around with their underwear showing even after being warned over and over. They walk out of class whenever they want, running up and down the hallways. Students don't care if you write up a referral anymore because they no that most of the time they wont get suspended; they will be counseled and warned. A warning that doesn't seem to matter anymore, because they come right back to class doing the same thing.

Our schools have become all business and not education anymore. Ours schools have become places of budgeting rather than places of higher learning. Staff members are at each others necks because no one seems to know what to do. Getting as many kids in the school by the third Friday is more important than getting children in the school who want to learn. Getting parents support needs to be enriched and changes have to be made Parents or guardians need to be more responsible and some students need to find other schools for their education.

What would others say if they saw all of the chaos we go through on a daily basis. I know I yell and fuss at the bad behaviors, but thats after i've tried the best I can to stop it from happening. It would be nice to come to work just one day ONE and it not seem like a day of doom.

Answer this Question: Would you allow your 5th to 8th grade child to go to our school right now?????!!!!! Do you think that your child would get the best education that they need from this institution? I know what my answer would be!!!!

What ever happened to the old fashioned way. What ever happened to reading groups where we heard the children read rather than cursing and playing around. What's happened to math challenges among classrooms rather than whose going to kick whose butt on the playground, hallway or classroom. Someone needs to step up their game as the kids say it and that someone is EVERYONE of us.

Remember the Movie LEAN ON ME, WHO CAN I/YOU LEAN ON AT THIS TIME???????? hmmmmmmm

Please reply to this chaotic message because thats what our school is like; CHAOS

From Mr. Flamond F.E. Hightower

if anyone needs to contact me call me at ***-**** or ***-***-****

These are not just my opinions they are the facts.

God Bless US All
What do you want to bet they end up shooting the messenger, rather than doing anything to address the problems ? This is a prime example of why we should not be letting democrats run anything !