SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 31, 2014, 08:27 PM
United States, IL, Lake Barrington
Joined Dec 2012
361 Posts
The Freewing parts are coming in the next shipment which should be arriving next week. They were shipped a week apart.
Tom.MotionRC is offline Find More Posts by Tom.MotionRC
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 05, 2014, 01:13 PM
Santa Cruz, CA
United States, CA, Santa Cruz
Joined Sep 2011
1,409 Posts
Will you be carrying the Dynam Waco at some point?
karltrek is offline Find More Posts by karltrek
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 08, 2014, 12:16 AM
Joined Dec 2012
361 Posts
We currently carry the RocHobby Waco which is very similar so we have no plans at the moment.
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 12, 2014, 06:31 PM
United States, TX, Johnson City
Joined Mar 2005
1,122 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom.MotionRC View Post
We currently carry the RocHobby Waco which is very similar so we have no plans at the moment.
That is too bad for both of us, it is the best flying plane I have ever owned period! It is a very active thread in RC and if you watch Grayson Hobbies it sells out all the time. If RC thread activity is measure then the Dynam Waco wins hands down.

Ken
Ken Smith is offline Find More Posts by Ken Smith
Old Aug 13, 2014, 12:22 AM
Joined Dec 2012
361 Posts
noted. we will investigate further. Thank you.
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 13, 2014, 09:08 AM
Joined Mar 2005
1,122 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom.MotionRC View Post
noted. we will investigate further. Thank you.
Please do, I will buy the first one, love to repaint & detail this plane, need a new project to keep me busy.

Ken
Old Aug 16, 2014, 11:05 PM
that's gonna leave a scar
United States, NC, Mooresville
Joined Aug 2007
3,564 Posts
still waiting.......Freewing Stinger 64 Fuselage - Red
KCinNC is offline Find More Posts by KCinNC
Old Aug 26, 2014, 11:03 PM
NEWPORT BEACH, CA, USA
Joined Oct 2001
319 Posts
Tom.MotionRC,
Supreme Hobbies is coming out with some really nice looking airliners, e.g. A340-600, A330-300 etc. I would love to see MotionRC carry their products, since you guys have become my ONE and ONLY online store.
Antaeus is online now Find More Posts by Antaeus
Old Sep 07, 2014, 12:58 AM
ist geflogen!
United States, MA, Boston
Joined Mar 2013
108 Posts
Hi Tom, any idea when the re-chargeable battery for the DX6 will be available? Thanks.
kaisierjohnny is offline Find More Posts by kaisierjohnny
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Bf-109f
Old Sep 14, 2014, 06:48 PM
Canada, BC, Terrace
Joined Mar 2014
37 Posts
FMS Retracts

In the FMS line of warbirds, smaller than the 1700mm series (can not fit these in my vehicle) which warbird has the most durable retracts.

My flying fields are all grass, no pavement at all.

Those flying with retracts all complain about how most retracts just can not handle grass and are constantly having to be replaced. It is amazing how often they are actually ripped right out of their mounts due to the grass landings.

I have a few belly lander planes but really want a reiiable, preferrably FMS warbird with retracts as my #1 to to rc plane
DonRhone is offline Find More Posts by DonRhone
Old Sep 26, 2014, 01:33 PM
Joined Dec 2012
361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by karltrek View Post
Will you be carrying the Dynam Waco at some point?
We now have it on order. It will be about 7 weeks before we receive it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antaeus View Post
Tom.MotionRC,
Supreme Hobbies is coming out with some really nice looking airliners, e.g. A340-600, A330-300 etc. I would love to see MotionRC carry their products, since you guys have become my ONE and ONLY online store.
We have been testing (have been for about 4 weeks). I don't want to say much more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaisierjohnny View Post
Hi Tom, any idea when the re-chargeable battery for the DX6 will be available? Thanks.
Coming in about a week or less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonRhone View Post
In the FMS line of warbirds, smaller than the 1700mm series (can not fit these in my vehicle) which warbird has the most durable retracts.

My flying fields are all grass, no pavement at all.

Those flying with retracts all complain about how most retracts just can not handle grass and are constantly having to be replaced. It is amazing how often they are actually ripped right out of their mounts due to the grass landings.

I have a few belly lander planes but really want a reiiable, preferrably FMS warbird with retracts as my #1 to to rc plane
P-51D, P-51B, or F4U Corsair. They all have new upgraded retracts which are very good. That said, the wheel pants often must be cut down and sanded so they do not snag on the grass. Grass is unique. Most people think grass is smooth but the people mowing the lawn will tell you it is full of bumps. The planes feel all these bumps on even the shortest grass. No matter what plane you buy, landing gear and retracts will be replaced more often when flying from grass. It is an unfortunate reality. The other problem I see (at the flight field) is how people land on grass. Grass absorbs bad landings. I see people who think their landing technique is perfect but I know they are really beating on their landing gear. The grass absorbs the shock where tarmac would send you bouncing back up into the air. If you have been flying a long time and can land perfectly on paved runway, you have an advantage flying from grass vs people who only fly on grass. Flying from pavement forces you to have good landing technique which then translates to grass. Clear as mud.?

bottom line - you need to modify the wheel pants, it depends on how bumpy the surface is under the grass is, it depends how long the grass is, it depends how thick the grass is, it depends on the type of grass, and finally it depends on your landing skills. wow. That was a mouth full.
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 29, 2014, 02:07 PM
Joined Mar 2005
1,122 Posts
To just placed an order with you. I just saw that you will be carrying the Dynam Waco I will wait and when you get them I want two.
If you put it on the website I will put my email in for notification
You will get them just in time for winter projects
Ken
Old Oct 03, 2014, 01:41 PM
Joined Dec 2012
361 Posts
I'll make sure we get it on the web site soon Ken.
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 28, 2014, 05:45 PM
Joined Mar 2012
22 Posts
When will MotionRC carry a 4S 5000mAh 40C battery?
zorkahn is offline Find More Posts by zorkahn
Old Nov 02, 2014, 11:44 PM
Joined Dec 2012
361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorkahn View Post
When will MotionRC carry a 4S 5000mAh 40C battery?
We don't currently have any plans for a battery this size. I can't think of any plane we sell which would use it off the top of my head. However, if there is interest, we would absolutely consider bringing in such a battery. If you have a minute, please let us know where you would use a 4S 5000.
Site Sponsor